[Feral] How i can improve my dps

Hello,

This is my 1st post on this forum but i read it for a long time. I want to apologize about my crappy english but i hope you understand me.

In WoD i wanted to back to my old main char after 3 years break - druid.
    I always play feral tank now its called guardian and sometimes resto spec but in this expansion i choose to play feral dps and here is the problem...
    I cant put "good" dps and i dont know why...i know my char is eligible to put more but i dont know what i need to improve or change...

Armory link:

eu.battle.net /wow/en/character/burning-legion/Shadowpaw/simple

Here is the log:

warcraftlogs.com /reports/D6nWamyRpMqLAtCz/

I made it on dummy because my current guild dont use it.
    I hope that will help because im very ambitious and i cant handle that underperforming.

PAWKETS HELP!!!
    Last edited by Shadowpaw; 2014-12-31 at 04:31 PM.

Well you're not using clearcasting properly. One thrash, you could get a whole lot more out of 3;30m fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Well you're not using clearcasting properly. One thrash, you could get a whole lot more out of 3;30m fight.
    There's little to no point in using Thrash on single target, especially as Bloodtalons. That's not to say its useless, but you're not going to get any meaningful amount of DPS out of trying to maintain it.

Anyways, 3.5 minutes isn't a very long parse but I can give analyzing it a shot I suppose:

Bloodtalons: 19/19 PSs used, and it looks like you've got a solid grasp on when to use Healing Touch and what to spend the charges on, nice.

Tiger's Fury usage: Could be a little bit better, more often than not you used it about every ~32 seconds instead of 30, make sure you've got your energy prepped when it comes off CD so you can mash the hell out of that key and use it right away. Delaying it a couple seconds every time will tend to cost you 1 or more TFs over the course of a longer encounter (or potentially a lot worse if you delay more than that, of course). You didn't log with Adv Combat Logging on so I can't see if you were wasting energy from your TFs or not.

Savage Roar uptime: Good.

Rake uptime: Could be better. You let your Rake drop for 2.5 seconds during your first Incarnation, and for 2.75 seconds just under 3 seconds in. You also had a ~0.8 second downtime when your Rake from your first Incarnation fell but that's perfectly acceptable since you essentially gamed a free tick of damage doing that. For perspective, total you lost ~18k damage from this or about 85 DPS.

Rip uptime: Perfect, you had a 2 second downtime and one point that was caused by squeezing an FB in but that's exactly what you should be doing.

Opener: Don't use Incarnation with your other cooldowns, use it immediately after your Rake out of stealth so it can buff your 2+ shreds it takes you to get to 5 CP. I see you used prowl at one point, not sure if that was a mistake or what but it doesn't do anything. You refreshed your Rip at 7.9 seconds which is a little early, if you get to 5 CP at that point you definitely should either wait for it tick down to 7.2 seconds or go for a 3rd Bite if you think you can do it without losing more than a couple seconds of Rip uptime (this is really easy if you're lusting on pull, a bit less easy if you're not).

Finisher usage looks solid as far as I can tell.

Potion: I see you prepotted but you didn't use it a second time. I'm sure you know this, but in case you don't make sure this is not the case during an actual encounter.

I don't really see any major issues, just a couple minor things that lost you a couple hundred DPS at most. I simmed your character on a "dummy" with no raid buffs, no flask, prepot, and the same fight duration and it averaged 22,185 DPS so I must assume you just got the short end of the stick on RNG on this log.

PS: Put good enchants on your rings! You'd gain about as much DPS doing that as all of the other things I mentioned combined.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-12-31 at 06:59 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Not OP, but thanks for posting this, pawkets. I learned a couple of things
    Remember
    Me

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post

Opener: Don't use Incarnation with your other cooldowns, use it immediately after your Rake out of stealth so it can buff your 2+ shreds it takes you to get to 5 CP. I see you used prowl at one point, not sure if that was a mistake or what but it doesn't do anything. You refreshed your Rip at 7.9 seconds which is a little early, if you get to 5 CP at that point you definitely should either wait for it tick down to 7.2 seconds or go for a 3rd Bite if you think you can do it without losing more than a couple seconds of Rip uptime (this is really easy if you're lusting on pull, a bit less easy if you're not).
    Thanks for that tip, I know I am not getting enough DPS out of the opener when I look at other parse on warcraftlogs.

Do you pop Berserk right after Incarnation finishes?

Deleted
    Your opener is Rake from stealth, Incarnation on the next global (you will only cap energy if BL's up), then Shred until 5CP, Berserk + Coin + TF, Rip, Shred until 5CP, FB, renew rake just before TF falls off while you Shred until 5CP, FB, Shred to 5 and FB. Now your Rip has 7-9 sec left, your Berserk fell off around the time you last useed FB and rake has 6-8 sec left, so you should shred until 4CP, Rake and Rip at 5 or shred to 5 if you have a crit at 3, Rip and then Rake. Now it's just the normal rotation, trying to keep everything up.

When I said don't use them together I didn't mean don't stack them at all, I meant don't activate them at the same time. You're either going to be losing shred damage if you incarnation late, or wasting energy if you berserk/TF early.

@Kvothexx If you're not using Bloodtalons then you're clipping Rake too late, you should do it immediately after Rip.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-01-02 at 02:39 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    @Kvothexx If you're not using Bloodtalons then you're clipping Rake too late, you should do it immediately after Rip.
    Welp, I forgot to mention that you should use BT with EVERY finisher after that first Rip and, at least, on the Rake I mention that goes just after your first FB.