Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soulburn Haunt Vs Demonic Servitude - Affliction

I'm scanning all the top 10 aff locks for every mythic fight and this is what I noticed

Kargath - Demonic Servitude
    Butcher - Soulburn Haunt
    Twins - Soulburn Haunt
    Tecuts - Soulburn Haunt
    Brackenspore - Soulburn Haunt
    Koragh - Demonoic Servitude
    Imperator - Not enough info

So what's the trend because based off of Icyveins and MMO i was under the impression that Demonic Servitude was by far the best but it looks like that's only true for 2 maybe 3 fights (highest movement fights). Are we supposed to be using soulburn haunt, why does it sim lower even on a patchwerk fight it sims lower but it's obviously better (top 50 use it). What should I use, what do you use? Why?

Just going by personal experience nightfall does not proc enough to make SB haunt viable for me. Once i can get some tier that might change though

Deleted
    Short fight(Kargath, Butcher) = high uptime on Terrorguard, bloodlust also has huge uptime which means we aren't that shard starved. Also in Mythic Butcher you can drain those adds that run towards the boss for shards.
    Many targets(Twins, Tectus, Brackenspore) = sb:haunt gets better while DS doesn't

Koragh mostly single target, semi long fight, semi high movement if you are on soaking duty = DS better

SB: Haunt from memory of previous discussions is likely to get more powerful as your gear level increases on fights involving more than 2 targets. For fights that involve 1-2 targets DS is typically better.

Having said that I'd be interested to see how it plays out with T17 and high haste gear.

Souburn haunt on pretty much every fight other then mythic Ko Ragh. On myth imperator you shouldn't be playing aff anyways so it's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Souburn haunt on pretty much every fight other then mythic Ko Ragh. On myth imperator you shouldn't be playing aff anyways so it's irrelevant.
    This ^

As someone said earlier, you'll want SB:Haunt on Kargath / Butcher due to the length of the fights. The shorter a fight, the less Demonic Servitude is worth due to the uptime of Terrorguard w/o the talent on a short kill. SB:Haunt is also crazy good on Butcher because you can basically maintain 100% uptime on it and maintain really high uptime on normal haunt via casting drain soul on adds right before they explode.

On Tectus / Imperator you should probably be playing Demo / Destruction respectively if you were looking to min/max your damage.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Quote Originally Posted by exarkunofpr View Post
    Just going by personal experience nightfall does not proc enough to make SB haunt viable for me. Once i can get some tier that might change though
    Completely agree.

I would say Tectus Mythic you can choose a better spec to play for aoe/cleaving down the add's too. Affliction has lacked solid AOE, wish Seed of Corruption was like it used to be.

What pet do you guys go with when running SB:haunt?

For some reason my imp beats observer consistently by 500-1k dps. I also tried glyph of demon hunting and noticed on recount my imp gains 1.5k-2k dps.

By my rough math at my current 655 ilevel, I'm getting 6k from terrorguard & 2.5k-3k from other pets. Let's say I'm pushing 20k dps by myself (not including pet) and I maintain 75% uptime on SB:haunt, theoretically I'm gaining exactly 3k dps. This also does not include the 1 min terrorguard you get with SB:Haunt.

TL;DR - I see demonic serv only winning under high movement sub 25k dps situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardio32 View Post
    I've been using shivara, actually. On ~4 butcher fights it's been giving me about 100k more damage.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

For some reason my imp beats observer consistently by 500-1k dps. I also tried glyph of demon hunting and noticed on recount my imp gains 1.5k-2k dps.

By my rough math at my current 655 ilevel, I'm getting 6k from terrorguard & 2.5k-3k from other pets. Let's say I'm pushing 20k dps by myself (not including pet) and I maintain 75% uptime on SB:haunt, theoretically I'm gaining exactly 3k dps. This also does not include the 1 min terrorguard you get with SB:Haunt.

TL;DR - I see demonic serv only winning under high movement sub 25k dps situations.
    Do you macro your command demon when using your Observer? There's not any fights where we need to worry about the interrupt from it and it does add a small amount of damage.

Also, pet DPS depends on how much the pet has to move. If the pet can stay in one spot, the Observer will pull ahead. If the pet has to move the Imp pulls ahead since it has a ranged attack.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    I've been using shivara, actually. On ~4 butcher fights it's been giving me about 100k more damage.
    Haven't seen many parses with Shivarra, but those I have seen show the same 900k - 1MM range that the imp typically has. Of course, the majority of higher ranked parses will have between 950k and 1MM. RNG matters.

Are you consistently seeing your Shivarra do 1.05 - 1.1MM? It appears that your logs are private, happy to take your word for it if so.

Deleted
    Is this due to multistrike again? I know on beta the old girl had an incredible interaction with the stat, though I thought it was addressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Is this due to multistrike again? I know on beta the old girl had an incredible interaction with the stat, though I thought it was addressed...
    The beta issue definitely was addressed (was a pretty severe bug). If Shivarra is doing demonstrably more damage now, it's tuning (or a new/different bug). Let's see evidence first.

Then your Recount is wrong. That glyph adds zero DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is the defining stat factor when talking about sb:haunt vs d serve.

Haste is a good stat but its shard regeneration properties are overvalued in the community. 10% haste will net you an extra shard every 1 min 35 seconds or round abouts. A fight needs to last a good deal of time before this really effects play. Add shard sniping from adds and the value decreases again. If you want to see data backing this up check my posts in aff thread which has a few hours of log data between several posts.

To be honest skill is the greatest defining factor here. sb:haunt has a significantly higher skill cap. Smart banking of shards, dealing with double shard procs, maximising shard regeneration from the encounter, maximizing multi dotting when it makes sense too, all these things are all crucial factors to successful play with sb:haunt. Mistakes are very costly. Rng also effects sb:haunt more.

For the average player servitude will probably net higher dps for this tier. Same for people with ill itemized gear

I love you guys happy new year,

I just came back to the game and miss nerding out like this.

/wave to liquid I asked same question on Icey site and he hit me up with a great response.

Thx for advice rtrain, I'll break out shiva and post logs.

I get what everyone is saying about imp + demon training glyph, will post logs to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post

sb:haunt has a significantly higher skill cap
    Lolwat

There is nothing "skillful" about using SB:Haunt, it is literally almost retard proof. Unless you spend shards like a idiot you'll do fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    Then your Recount is wrong. That glyph adds zero DPS.
    Recount doesn't account for down time, that's one reason why many people prefer skada.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2015-01-04 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Lolwat

There is nothing "skillful" about using SB:Haunt, it is literally almost retard proof. Unless you spend shards like a idiot you'll do fine with it.
    Way to contradict yourself. Demonic Servitude requires zero thought on the part of the player beyond making sure your pet is alive. SB:Haunt requires you to know how to spend your shards wisely. In the grand scheme of WoW its not a huge skill cap, but is still higher than the nonexistent skill cap required for Demonic Servitude.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2