Poll: Playable Races;

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sub races should have top priority before they introduce new races. Customisation of what we have, in general, should be much greater prio.

I admit that halfbreeds sound cool, but only when they make a noticable difference. As in, I don't need a human with elf ears.

Really? You... did not think to add Naga to the Lineup? Despite they are heavily up for debate since... 6 years or something... but the stupid Jinyu are on it? Naga would make a lot of sense in a possible Azshara-Expansion... If one happens, it will strongly circle around that one great-old-one N'Zoth or what his name was, that offered Azsharas people the transformation into Naga so survive the sundering. Its also hinted that this one in particular had a lot of influence in all sorts of events at that time, down to directly turning Neltharion into the insane Maniac Death-Wing. Its not unlikely to assume that some threat from that corner would haunt the Naga as well, or that Azshara suddenly loses her marbles entirely, turning some of the Naga against her Queen or whatever. They would make a far more logical neutral faction. And... you know... the biggest reason simply being they are requested like nothing else...

And i can't seriously imagine more then 5 people actually playing Ogres. Maybe as buttheaded alt...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Ogres (Horde), furbolg (Alliance), naga (neutral) and sub races. Most other random races like ethereal and arrakoa don't even have any bond with the factions, I always see high elf as a popular option but just accept that they are blood elves with blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Really? You... did not think to add Naga to the Lineup? Despite they are heavily up for debate since... 6 years or something... but the stupid Jinyu are on it? Naga would make a lot of sense in a possible Azshara-Expansion... If one happens, it will strongly circle around that one great-old-one N'Zoth or what his name was, that offered Azsharas people the transformation into Naga so survive the sundering. Its also hinted that this one in particular had a lot of influence in all sorts of events at that time, down to directly turning Neltharion into the insane Maniac Death-Wing. Its not unlikely to assume that some threat from that corner would haunt the Naga as well, or that Azshara suddenly loses her marbles entirely, turning some of the Naga against her Queen or whatever. They would make a far more logical neutral faction. And... you know... the biggest reason simply being they are requested like nothing else...

And i can't seriously imagine more then 5 people actually playing Ogres. Maybe as buttheaded alt...
    I would surely make an Ogre toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Ogres (Horde), furbolg (Alliance), naga (neutral) and sub races. Most other random races like ethereal and arrakoa don't even have any bond with the factions, I always see high elf as a popular option but just accept that they are blood elves with blue eyes.
    No, they aren't lol. Thats factually untrue.

Vrykul,Ogre and Arakkoa for the horde and Jinyu, Ethereals and Botani for the alliance, imho this would be fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Naga. I hope before the game dies they will add them in.

Saberon!

Ogres. They have long-time history in the Warcraft game.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Saberon!
    Be a feral druid ... I think that is the closest we will get.

furbolg for alliance. i always wanted to play as one the moment i saw them.

I'd like to see Vrykul for Horde, to give them a more humanoid race that isn't Blood Elves. Probably never going to happen though, since I doubt we'll ever go back to Northrend. Might work if Blizzard ever starts releasing new races a la carte in the store (I would seriously buy those). For a more realistic option, I'd like to see sub race options before anything else.

While there are a few that can be a logical fit for Horde and Alliance, I think we have enough playable races now. People complaining about their preferred races not getting much action will only get worse the more races we have, and tbh, pandaren taught me more is less when a race has a tough time fitting in with Warcraft outside their racial lands and storylines.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ogres and vrykrul for horde, arakkoa (both types) for alliance.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Arroka should be the new boomkin form, just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Vrykul,Ogre and Arakkoa for the horde and Jinyu, Ethereals and Botani for the alliance, imho this would be fantastic.
    Switch Vrykul and Ethereals for logic reasons.....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

People really just want their favorite races to be apart of their "mains" faction. A lot of these don't make much sense lorewise. Why would Vrykul or Ethereal make sense for either the Horde of the Alliance? They don't have ties to those groups. Taunka? Sure, that'd make sense.

And Furbolg? Alliance do some quests to help them and suddenly they are an "alliance race?" None of these suggestions are thematic either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul are just giant humans. They'll never be implemented. First of all, they are just way too big. They wouldn't fit through most doors or they'd clip through, which Blizz will never allow to happen. If they ever shrink them to the size of the playable races, then, well, they're pretty much just Humans now.

Ogres may have the same issues, but they can get away with shrinking them down to Tauren size.

Jinyu/Hozen seems like a logical choice, however, Blizz missed the boat on that. Those races are indigenous to Pandaria only.

Arakoa makes sense. A lot of since. They are unique and of the right size. They also have a lot of lore and power.

Ethereal/Batani/Drak all fall within the weak lore and weak race category. Not many of them around for us the factions to care about. Also, Batani and Drak would again, be too big.

Half Breeds are pretty cool too. Would be possible, just don't know how Blizz would implement them.

I think Arakoa/Naga are the two most likely races at the moment though.

Another races may be the Harpies since they're all over Azeroth. Although I've never seen a male harpy.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I chose Vrykul (Normal and Frost) -and- Sub-races

Sub-races would really add to character creation and would help mix things up and give us more variety.

If Vrykul are ever introduced as a playable race I say make them neutral like the Pandaren and you choose alliance or horde. Or have normal for one faction and frost for the other faction.

High Elves would be a nice addition to playable races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Vrykul are just giant humans. They'll never be implemented. First of all, they are just way too big. They wouldn't fit through most doors or they'd clip through, which Blizz will never allow to happen. If they ever shrink them to the size of the playable races, then, well, they're pretty much just Humans now.

Ogres may have the same issues, but they can get away with shrinking them down to Tauren size.

Jinyu/Hozen seems like a logical choice, however, Blizz missed the boat on that. Those races are indigenous to Pandaria only.

Arakoa makes sense. A lot of since. They are unique and of the right size. They also have a lot of lore and power.

Ethereal/Batani/Drak all fall within the weak lore and weak race category. Not many of them around for us the factions to care about. Also, Batani and Drak would again, be too big.

Half Breeds are pretty cool too. Would be possible, just don't know how Blizz would implement them.

I think Arakoa/Naga are the two most likely races at the moment though.

Another races may be the Harpies since they're all over Azeroth. Although I've never seen a male harpy.
    I wouldn't mine seeing Harpies either, and I don't think it would be too difficult to add male Harpies.

Hmmm, Gnolls and Kobolds... Why not?