Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance. Seems like these little shits will be getting what they deserve soon, just like members of lulzsec did back in 2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they get taken by real terrorists.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If they're going to be shiftless about what they do, then as far as anyone's concerned every single one of them is responsible for their actions, including putting the police officer's family at risk. (Not that releasing the name of the ACTUAL police officer would have done much better; is "endangering the right family" the end goal?)

Frankly, if you want to make a change in the world, be earnest about it. Sinclair didn't publish The Jungle under a pen name. MLK didn't anonymously write angry letters to southern newspapers while relaxing in Pennsylvania. People who actually change the world put their necks on the line and are prepared to pay the price for their actions. That's when things change. Not when nebulous bands of people with no common direction or goal just take random jabs here and there.

James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay?
    James Madison was appointed as a colonel in the Revolutionary War, Hamilton joined a militia and participated in raids on the British, and John Jay held prominent political positions while espousing anti-British sentiments over the course of the Revolutionary War.

Not too sure what you're getting at...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    James Madison was appointed as a colonel in the Revolutionary War, Hamilton joined a militia and participated in raids on the British, and John Jay held prominent political positions while espousing anti-British sentiments over the course of the Revolutionary War.

Not too sure what you're getting at...
    They published the federalist papers under false identities.

Lizard Squad are inept, can they hack? perhaps, are they good at it? no, they wouldn't have been caught otherwise.

Damn, Sony or MS could sue and the judge could make him pay reparations, like 30% out of his paycheck every month for the rest of his life or something.

It's vandalism that did millions of dollars in damages.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Lizard Squad are inept, can they hack? perhaps, are they good at it? no, they wouldn't have been caught otherwise.
    Calling them hackers is pretty generous. They've mostly just done DDoS attacks, and made a threat to a plane on twitter. None of that is particularly challenging stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    They published the federalist papers under false identities.
    ...those were published after they had already done all the things I mentioned and the revolutionary war had ended.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...those were published after they had already done all the things I mentioned and the revolutionary war had ended.
    What I'm saying here is anonymity serves a purpose. If your cause is something you truly believe in (not that I'm saying Anonymous has one, just in general) putting a face to it often times will make your cause weaker. In short, people will follow a man, instead of the cause, whatever it may be.

Say you write a document or manifesto or something against what you perceive to be a tyrannical regime, and sign your name. It resonates with the intended audience. People will flock to you putting you ahead of the cause you originally espoused, making you a sort of tyrant over your own revolution

Now take your name off it. People will read it, and the cause you wrote for will become more than a man, but more like an ideal. Kinda like what Che Guevara was going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm saying here is anonymity serves a purpose. If your cause is something you truly believe in (not that I'm saying Anonymous has one, just in general) putting a face to it often times will make your cause weaker. In short, people will follow a man, instead of the cause, whatever it may be.

Say you write a document or manifesto or something against what you perceive to be a tyrannical regime, and sign your name. It resonates with the intended audience. People will flock to you putting you ahead of the cause you originally espoused, making you a sort of tyrant over your own revolution

Now take your name off it. People will read it, and the cause you wrote for will become more than a man, but more like an ideal. Kinda like what Che Guevara was going for.
    And again, where has that prevailed? Where absolutely no one has lead anything, and it's all been ideology carrying it through to a satisfactory end? Even the influence of the federalist papers is debated (and some of the things within, like the "no we don't need a bill of rights" suggestion never amounted to anything.)

It doesn't happen. People either lose focus or lose interest, and ultimately nothing happens. Occupy Wall Street was a great example. Lots of people wanting to make a difference (or at least, wanting to make noise to that effect.) People were actively decrying any sort of "leadership" for the movement. And sure, it burned for a while, got some publicity, and people gathered... But the whole thing fizzled out and absolutely nothing changed.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda like what Che Guevara was going for.
    You mean the guy smartass preteens and hipsters pay $30 to Hot Topic and Spencers to wear on their shirts?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You mean the guy smartass preteens and hipsters pay $30 to Hot Topic and Spencers to wear on their shirts?
    Homicidal revolutionaries are always in style.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That would be him. I think its a minority knowing who Che Guevara actually was out of those that wear those tbh but just speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That would be him. I think its a minority knowing who Che Guevara actually was out of those that wear those tbh but just speculation.
    Sure, but keep in mind that "it being a cool/neat/powerful design" doesn't mean that the image doesn't mean things to people.

I mean, the Iron Eagle looks like a "powerful" image... but if you started wearing that on shirts "because the design looks cool," you're probably going to get some flak.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain that if your country has a decent education system you know who che geuvara is before you're 18 and yet to hear about a revolution that wasn't bloody or messy although che geuvara was something else but it's hard to filter the real stories from the US propaganda at times.

People screaming that they should be dealt with forget that these are minors and will be judge accordingly so they won't get much, also it's good that they don't as if we were to slap fines on them it's not the kids that would feel it but the parents and seeing kids that generally do this don't come from happy homes , treating their entire family as criminals won't exactly make them law abiding citizens by the time they are 18.

As for not being able to game over the holidays, your own fault should've played on a decent platform like a PC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People screaming that they should be dealt with forget that these are minors and will be judge accordingly so they won't get much, also it's good that they don't as if we were to slap fines on them it's not the kids that would feel it but the parents and seeing kids that generally do this don't come from happy homes , treating their entire family as criminals won't exactly make them law abiding citizens by the time they are 18.
    Who says they don't come from "happy homes?" If we're making broad assumptions, anyone with enough free time and unused energy to sit around and pull crap like this must live a pretty comfortable life.

They should stick the kids with a couple hundred hours of community service. Maybe forced janitorial duty at Sony.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some one seriously needs to really stop these guys. The people who were arrested did have an impact on the group. But seriously, they're now offering PAID SERVICES to DDoS ANYTHING! I'm not one to really complain, but, DDoS attacks in the past only happened every so often. Crunchy Roll, where I watch my anime was offline earlier today...and of course, I instantly thought of Lizard Squad. Yep, was them. Or someone that is paying Lizard Squad to DDoS Crunchy Roll. It seems like everything I enjoy online the last couple months is shut down...when I actually want to take time and enjoy my evening lol

My real concern is that if their little scheme isn't stopped, there are other idiots now using Lizard Squads' booters to shut down other sites and services. And how many morons do you think will go after Blizzard? -.-
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

these fail squad members are hilarious. moving to finland just cause he'd have fun in jail lmao. what a buncha retards. serves them right for getting put in jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good these idiots do nothing for the internet or internet community in general, in fact they probably do more harm than good as they make people aware that the internet needs stricter controls/ monitoring to prevent things like that from happening.