Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Highmaul coliseum is not pvp content.

Highmaul coliseum is a training ground for future politicians, psychology majors and wanna-be sociopaths. There is only 1 way to win and it doesn't include any pvp outside 1 shotting your "friend" with 20 stacks of a stupid buff.

Short guide to winning:

1) Whisper everyone and ask to team up.
    2) Run between the 3 biggest groups before the match begins and tell them that you are a saboteur in every other group and will snipe them when they are on low HP.
    3) Keep whispering everyone. You need to make some "friend til the end" when only 1 group remains.
    4) Hope your "friend til the end" isn't a complete sociopath who has been waiting for you to drop to 80% HP.
    5) Wait til it's your "friend til the end" vs 1 other guy. If he is a honest player and hasn't killed you by yet, do a cheap execute on him once he kills the other guy and remains barely alive.
    6) Enjoy your "well deserved" reward, "gladiator."

If a feature doesn't involve usage of IN GAME SKILLS (a.k.a playing your class correctly), it shouldn't award MANDATORY FOR PROGRESSION top end pvp gear. Lying, manipulating and backstabbing is in NO WAY an in game skill. If there's any imbalance this season it's sociopaths running around with full primal conq gear on 4th week of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious I saw Bailamos manipulate the heck out of people in the coliseum. It's the complete reason why I cba with that shithole. Only done it twice, won almost both times but got sniped by a ret palas and disc priests so I cba with that anymore.

wow that is a deeper concept revolving highmaul coliseum than i ever expected blizzard to be able to produce
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Deleted
    You fight characters controlled by other players, therefore it is PVP content, go cry in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    You fight characters controlled by other players, therefore it is PVP content, go cry in a corner.
    Arena is pvp. RBGs are pvp. Even shitty world pvp is pvp. They are engagements where the outcome is decided by how FOTM your class is or how well you play it. Being a complete son of a bitch and turning everyone against each other is not pvp. Feeling edgy now, wanna-be sociopath?

I doubt anyone enjoys doing it, the first week for example was a really fun free for all. As the weeks dragged on people started to develop the team strategies to maximize their chances of winning and now it's nearly impossible to win without some form of backstabbing or teamplay.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it pretty fun, it's like the hunger games of PvP. Nothing about a 25 person FFA is ever going to be fair, nor is it ever going to come down to skill. Not sure what you're looking for OP.

You also have to be fairly lucky with drops in it. I've won it every single week and two of the weeks have had absolutely nothing but conquest and honor inside. Plenty of people whisper me forming 'alliances' but I've never done that myself. It's a mix of knowing when to hide and when to engage, and checking to see who is left and how many stacks of the buff each individual has.

My strategy is using mole machine and teleport to dalaran near warlock health stones, usually gets 1-4 people every single time.

Survival of the fittest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I find it pretty fun, it's like the hunger games of PvP. Nothing about a 25 person FFA is ever going to be fair, nor is it ever going to come down to skill. Not sure what you're looking for OP.

You also have to be fairly lucky with drops in it. I've won it every single week and two of the weeks have had absolutely nothing but conquest and honor inside.
    I would be fine with it existing and would never bother with it if it didn't completely mess up the REAL pvp scene by handing people free gear every week and putting them up to 10k conquest ahead of everyone else so far.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can get free PvP gear from Ashran and from RBGs. These outlets for conquest gear are basically the replacement for world bosses giving PvP loot in the last expansion, which aren't present this time around. If you were lucky last expansion you could coin a piece of PvP gear, and get a piece of PvP gear from a world boss and be geared incredibly quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Arena is pvp. RBGs are pvp. Even shitty world pvp is pvp.
    Being a complete son of a bitch and turning everyone against each other is not pvp.
    Playing the Auction House is PVP.

And before you try to persuade me otherwise, let's remind everyone what PVP stands for. Player Versus Player. While fighting Non-Player Characters, you are not doing PVP. While flying around on your mount above Tanaris, you are not doing PVP. When you are posting items on the Auction House for 1 copper less than everyone else, you are effectively a Player that fights for the gold Versus other Players that are selling the same item. That's PVP.

PVP is not always about killing the opposite faction (or, in some cases, your own). It's anything where you compete against other players for whatever reason. A Raidboss fight is PVE. Loot distribution can be PVP, depending on loot method.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Playing the Auction House is PVP.

And before you try to persuade me otherwise, let's remind everyone what PVP stands for. Player Versus Player. While fighting Non-Player Characters, you are not doing PVP. While flying around on your mount above Tanaris, you are not doing PVP. When you are posting items on the Auction House for 1 copper less than everyone else, you are effectively a Player that fights for the gold Versus other Players that are selling the same item. That's PVP.

PVP is not always about killing the opposite faction (or, in some cases, your own). It's anything where you compete against other players for whatever reason. A Raidboss fight is PVE. Loot distribution can be PVP, depending on loot method.
    Wow! A really well-informed opinion which totally doesn't give the word "PVP" an arbitrary definition. Woop everything is pvp now. Questing is pvp because you compete for mobs. Professions are pvp because you compete for mats (not anymore). Maybe breathing air is pvp too? In context of wow, pvp is: World pvp, arenas, battlegrounds, RBGs, duels. Stop pulling shit out of your ass to sound smart if you don't want to discuss the problem that is conquest gear from a non pvp event like highmaul coliseum.

If you still want to argue, go to your pvp tab in game and look under premade groups. Does it include auction house and raiding? no.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2015-01-01 at 04:06 PM.

This sounds like a lot more work than just getting in and fighting people. Therefore I'd say it was a very well deserved reward.

Deleted
    Stop pulling shit out of your ass to sound smart
    To be fair, if you hadn't sounded like someone who's just venting steam in all your posts in this thread, you might have gotten a decent discussion going on. As it is, just about everyone here seems to disagree with it being a bad thing and it's not hard to see why. And I'm actually not pulling poop out of anywhere. I let it flow naturally. It's the healthy thing to do

Arena is pvp. RBGs are pvp. Even shitty world pvp is pvp. Being a complete son of a bitch and turning everyone against each other is not pvp.
    Well, that one is called real life struggle and success.

Lol, deal with it. You got correct guide how to win it. Why the fuck you take it so srs, its fking game... Colliseum is actualy fun when you take it ez and dont care at all.

What do you recommend then? No whispering or chat of any kind allowed in the Coliseum?
    Even if that were to happen, people would just congregate in one spot and they'd all get the message that they all are a team.

ive yet to do these personally but every stream i watch the last couple are dks, ret paladins, and disc priests. i would love to see some a chart show percentage of people that have won the coliseum and what class/spec they where.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I turned so many people against each other today in one and I just ran around and executed people. #so edgy

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think your description is the only way to win it, then maybe you should get more creative (or google) and you will be less frustrated.

I do agree it is too easily exploited though. But I liked the old model of gear from arenas and 200 extra points from rbgs, I don't think they should have messed with it.

The main problem with coliseum is that it awards conquest gear. So people who want to progress fast in pvp feel obligated to participate on it and win.
    They should remove the gear from there. Maybe ppl would stop taking it so serious and maybe even have fun.
    There are also other problems. The arena is to small for 25 person, should be 10 or just flat out bigger arena.

I know they want to recreate the all "gladiator" thing fighting to death on a round arena, but it would be so much fun on a more "organic" map with traps / buffs / etc, more like hunger games style...