Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bodyguards... did you level them?

I'm currently leveling Defender Illona. It's going to take a while, even in a place that respawns continuously. I'm wondering if it's worth it. Anyone here level a follower with the bodyguard trait? Is there an advantage to having one or more level 3 bodyguards?

Nope. Don't need no bodyguards.

Yes, I got my Leorajh on my main to level 3. Took maybe 30 minutes if that. The advantage is that you unlock their super special ability, which in Leorajh's case is a mobile Command Table(which I don't even use much).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Killed some spider critters, took like 30-40 min to max them all

Deleted
    You can only use one at a time, so basically you only need that one. The advantage to leveling more than your preferred one, is access to the extra abilities they provide and being able to quickly swap them out should one be killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Yes, I got my Leorajh on my main to level 3. Took maybe 30 minutes if that.
    Not buying that.

The advantage is that you unlock their super special ability, which in Leorajh's case is a mobile Command Table(which I don't even use much).
    Now that is interesting. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got Leorajh to 2, then realized I don't need to do shit with him since I got the final stage of the 1 decent piece of apexis gear for me. Now I've no reason to leave my garrison other than raiding or torturing myself with Ashran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The level three perks could potentially be handy, I've never had any use of them but if you're out grinding continously and don't want to waste 5 minutes going back to garrison the portable command table could be nice I guess.

Leveling the bodyguards is a very quick process, they are a pretty decent addition. The problem is that they are six degrees of fucking retarded and since you can't control them they end up dieing if you are doing anything even remotely challenging. Having one bodyguard and another one on patrol lets me solo garrison invasions in gold rating quite easy, which is honestly the only use I've had from my bodyguards.

Edit* If you want to level them up quickly there is a great place to do it. Just southwest of talon watch there is a hive with wasp mobs that can be easily AoE'd and has pretty much instant respawn. If you have e decent AoE spec you can grind the bodyguards to level 3 in like 40-60 minutes.
    Last edited by Bender; 2015-01-01 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    leveled 3 toons to 100 so far , not even once i thought about getting bodyguard, they are 100% useless

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm currently leveling Defender Illona. It's going to take a while, even in a place that respawns continuously.
    What? I farmed the bee's in spires.. each bodyguard took 20min to farm. I wouldn't define that as taking a while
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I've never even used one of the bodyguards, mostly because I tend to keep my followers running off on missions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    leveled 3 toons to 100 so far , not even once i thought about getting bodyguard, they are 100% useless
    Nah man, they are great for helping with the Apexis daily. If like me you prefer to do them without grouping up, Vivianne's blizzard ability is OP.

When you say level them, do you mean their rep?

Not buying that.

You just need to know where to do it. Take a look at the Wowhead comments(it's either on the achievement for lots of level 3 Bodyguards or on the Bodyguard trait, can't remember)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    They definitely aren't. They add a decent amount of damage/healing, and some of them have quite handy level 3 abilities.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

only Leorajh to level 3 that garrison table is sweet

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    When you say level them, do you mean their rep?
    Yes. 10char
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tormmok is amazing for world PVP. Mortal strike debuff and his opening burst are definitely enough to get the jump on someone. It's not amazing but it is a massive advantage over some scrub that doesn't have it (or has a shittier bodyguard).
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    What? I farmed the bee's in spires.. each bodyguard took 20min to farm. I wouldn't define that as taking a while
    You just need to know where to do it. Take a look at the Wowhead comments(it's either on the achievement for lots of level 3 Bodyguards or on the Bodyguard trait, can't remember)
    I already did. Went to the Tomb of Lights in Talador, which has them pouring out constantly. 20 minutes yielded one bar. I read that there was a bug for a while that enabled Bodyguards to be leveled in the times you and others have mentioned here, but that was fixed.

Illona's level 3 perk is a mass summon spell. So that can be very handy in some cases I guess. Other than that I use her for tanking elite mobs for trapping for the level 3 barn, which seriously speeds thing up, especially because I'm quite a squishy elemental shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

I already did. Went to the Tomb of Lights in Talador, which has them pouring out constantly. 20 minutes yielded one bar. I read that there was a bug for a while that enabled Bodyguards to be leveled in the times you and others have mentioned here, but that was fixed.
    I farmed that bee spot in spires as well. Level 1 to 3 within an hour! And that was only a day or two ago, so I guess it has not been nerfed (yet).

As far as I know the small grub/worm thingies in Gorgrond(in the ruins where the pet battle guy is) that I used haven't been nerfed.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU