View Poll Results: What Expansion would you want the most?

Voters
765. This poll is closed
  • Azshara & the Great Seas

517 67.58%
  • The Emerald Dream

248 32.42%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara's the clear winner here, so I've been working on the concept for a bit now. The writing and lore concepts for Rise of Azshara is pretty much done - now I'm in art-mode, aiming to put together a bunch of new character and creature designs. I'll put up a thread for it in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I'm not personally a fan of that concept because it makes very little plot sense. Why would Azshara eliminate her homefield advantage by making the conflict a terrestrial one rather than aquatic? The concern about Island feeling disconnected is valid, but personally I like the idea of Ships being the next evolution of Garrisons, allowing you to sail your own ship through a huge open ocean zone connecting all the island zones.
    This has come up as an objection before - it does seem counter-intuitive. Gameplay wise, I'd want an above-sea continent because, even though I was a fan of Vashj'ir, I don't want an entire expansion or undersea zones. Unless they changed movement so it was identical to above-ground movement, but I think that would just be too strange. Thematically though, I think there could still be valid arguments made - Azshara is arrogant/insane enough to think she can dominate the surface races, she's vain and wants to once again be queen under eternal starlight, etc. My story will have an additional reason, which is be unveiled over the course of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    Awesome map. Oh well, i think we will not see more about Emerald Dream for a time, too bad we didnt see names or little descripcions of the bosses of the dungeons and raids
    Well, you never know your luck. Maybe we'll see the Emerald Dream in future, if not from Blizzard than from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekmar View Post
    Here's another expansion idea.

An expansion set on the moons of Azeroth, which are Titan facilities where their most guarded (and terrifying) secrets are stored. One of the moons is highly technological and the other is full of dense forests. Each moon has about 3 zones.
    It's funny, but my last concept project included a trip to the moon. I liked it when they did the same thing in Wildstar - I agree it could be pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thoruga View Post
    What I wonder is should those two be mutually exclusive?
    Both Azshara and the corruption in Emerald Dream are Old God related, so an expansion featuring both is quite possible.
    While I think you probably could roll both concepts into one, it would mean that neither concept gets to really demonstrate it's full potential. If the Dream becomes a single raid, we don't get an entire world to explore, and no dungeons and raids within that world. And too many Dream elements would crowd out Great Seas elements. I really think both concepts could support an entire expansion on their own, with a little creativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Azshara's the clear winner here, so I've been working on the concept for a bit now. The writing and lore concepts for Rise of Azshara is pretty much done - now I'm in art-mode, aiming to put together a bunch of new character and creature designs. I'll put up a thread for it in a week or so.

This has come up as an objection before - it does seem counter-intuitive. Gameplay wise, I'd want an above-sea continent because, even though I was a fan of Vashj'ir, I don't want an entire expansion or undersea zones. Unless they changed movement so it was identical to above-ground movement, but I think that would just be too strange. Thematically though, I think there could still be valid arguments made - Azshara is arrogant/insane enough to think she can dominate the surface races, she's vain and wants to once again be queen under eternal starlight, etc. My story will have an additional reason, which is be unveiled over the course of the content.

Well, you never know your luck. Maybe we'll see the Emerald Dream in future, if not from Blizzard than from me.

It's funny, but my last concept project included a trip to the moon. I liked it when they did the same thing in Wildstar - I agree it could be pretty interesting.

While I think you probably could roll both concepts into one, it would mean that neither concept gets to really demonstrate it's full potential. If the Dream becomes a single raid, we don't get an entire world to explore, and no dungeons and raids within that world. And too many Dream elements would crowd out Great Seas elements. I really think both concepts could support an entire expansion on their own, with a little creativity.
    Add some Kezan, Undermine and Tinker`s Union plot. Iam working on Tinker class concept, that can be added in Azshara xpac. Tinker`s Union can provide Horde and Alliance with novice tinkers in exchange for help to protect Kezan and Undermine from nagas.
    Last edited by Supertoster; 2015-01-25 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly... neither.

I eagerly await Burning Legion story continuation (especially with Wrathion's divination of the things to come soon), I would like to see more Wrathion appearances as some sort of anti-hero in the fight vs the Legion, I would like to see some Lich King involvement and his story continued.

Azshara and Emerald Dream look like yet another "filler episode" and I am honestly getting tired of this by now. Azshara is slightly more appealing, but I dread underwater zones.

Did you consider simply combining those? Both are clearly Old God related, I'd merge it into one expansion and call it "Nightmare"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dawn of Justi-no, end sentence, being anew!

TL;DR - what expansion would you prefer, an Azshara-based one or an Emerald Dream-based one? Don't overthink, pick one now! Look at the pretty pictures, pick one! Blue or green! Go!
    Here's the thing - given the background we have, an Azhsara XPac would likely include the Emerald Dream.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Azshara and Emerald Dream look like yet another "filler episode" and I am honestly getting tired of this by now. Azshara is slightly more appealing, but I dread underwater zones.
    Filler that results in the deaths of major lore characters?

Did you consider simply combining those? Both are clearly Old God related, I'd merge it into one expansion and call it "Nightmare"
    I was thinking that since this thread was started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I've always hated this idea. Both concepts have room for entire expansions on there own. There's no reason to disservice either or both expansion concept.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Got any updates coming for us, Yak?

Vasjh'ir was probably my favorite zone in the game... no clue why it was so ill-received by most. Azshara is a win for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Got any updates coming for us, Yak?
    The thread for the expansion concept launches sunday.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's good news! Time to make this as awesome, or more than, as The Spider Kingdom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Awesome, I look forward to following its progress. I have to tip my hat to your dedication!
    Last edited by Kerath; 2015-01-30 at 12:38 PM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Voted Azshara cause I love writing up lore for what I think it is going to be. Well, what I HOPE it's going to be. I do like the zone map and general ideas behind it.

As long as your lore involves Azshara being a fake puppet of N'Zoth and doing all of this only so the mortal champions defeat N'Zoth allowing for Sarg to finally return due to no "real threat" left on Azeroth with all of the old gods being dead or every weakened, I'll be fine with it.

Deleted
    Been waiting for the Emerald Dream since Vanilla. It's not happening

I just love lush zones and that's what I think of when I see Emerald Dream.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Yessss~! I feel like I'm a part of something awesome. xD