Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A quick update to the people who care what happend.

So I decided to leave and migrate to join some other guys I used to raid with. They fit me better so I'm happy i did it.

However the guild I left ended up dissbanding after I left (from what I've heard so far) and most people understod why I decided to change guild. But there was some people that couldn't handle it and just started raging and giving me guilt to come back.

Deleted
    Sounds like you're in Kongor's guild.

Quote Originally Posted by JabJabUplift View Post
    Sounds like you're in Kongor's guild.
    What happend to that poor guy now?

I remember watching him getting into multiple guilds right before WoD was about to launch but people started spamming the gms and ended up getting him kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by jaolin View Post
    A quick update to the people who care what happend.

So I decided to leave and migrate to join some other guys I used to raid with. They fit me better so I'm happy i did it.

However the guild I left ended up dissbanding after I left (from what I've heard so far) and most people understod why I decided to change guild. But there was some people that couldn't handle it and just started raging and giving me guilt to come back.
    Never feel like you are the reason for something. A guild that has 20 members (at least as you planned on going for mythic) is never depending on 1 single player (not on 2 either). If they disband after the loss of two players they were set to die anyways. To be honest if you and your friend were carrying heroics they probably realized that heroic was already "to hard" for them and now needed someone to blame.

I kind of feel like something similar is happening in my guild as we are doing a lot worse in progress than we did in MoP (like almost 10 ranks down in WoWProgress) and this is because of mindset issues in my opinion but we will see how this pans out.

Go for the top, fair warning, it's lonely once you reach the top of the mountain.

So, it's up to you. I'd stay with my buddies and be the change I want to see.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

From my pov this is a very easy question to answer. I also have been in your shoes.

I just told my friends that I was unhappy with the way we played as a group. (it is important not to name names if you feel friends X, Y and Z suck).
    I left the guild/group and got into a much better one. Ultimately some of my friends shaped up and joined that same guild.

Your friends should not be witholding you of fun. IRL friends I have fun with outside of WoW. In WoW I do what I damn well feel is the most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pur1tas View Post
    Never feel like you are the reason for something. A guild that has 20 members (at least as you planned on going for mythic) is never depending on 1 single player (not on 2 either). If they disband after the loss of two players they were set to die anyways. To be honest if you and your friend were carrying heroics they probably realized that heroic was already "to hard" for them and now needed someone to blame.

I kind of feel like something similar is happening in my guild as we are doing a lot worse in progress than we did in MoP (like almost 10 ranks down in WoWProgress) and this is because of mindset issues in my opinion but we will see how this pans out.
    We feelt like we we're carrying most people and I guess they realised that since they dissbanded after the good people left.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    From my pov this is a very easy question to answer. I also have been in your shoes.

I just told my friends that I was unhappy with the way we played as a group. (it is important not to name names if you feel friends X, Y and Z suck).
    I left the guild/group and got into a much better one. Ultimately some of my friends shaped up and joined that same guild.

Your friends should not be witholding you of fun. IRL friends I have fun with outside of WoW. In WoW I do what I damn well feel is the most fun.
    Yes, indeed friends I can interact with IRL and in wow i jsut do whatever i enjoy the most. if it ends up not being friends anymore its not the friends i want to have in my life either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    Go for the top, fair warning, it's lonely once you reach the top of the mountain.

So, it's up to you. I'd stay with my buddies and be the change I want to see.
    Already left them if you missed that post. Since most of my friends always takes breaks on wow it ends up with me not spending so much time with them so i just make new friends in other guilds for playing with.
    Last edited by jaolin; 2015-01-09 at 09:33 AM.

Yes absolutely leave. If you want to raid on a higher level and your guild is holding you back, just leave. It's best for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaolin View Post
    What happend to that poor guy now?

I remember watching him getting into multiple guilds right before WoD was about to launch but people started spamming the gms and ended up getting him kicked.
    Poor guy as in LITERALLY poor you mean?
    Well he's stuck with 179 viewers average.

The guild he's been so called "leading" has real struggles with Margok HC and Kargath Mythic.

Some funny stuff happening lately:
    He said on stream when they killed Margok HC that his fellow raiders don't have to worry, because Margok HC is harder than most mythic bosses.
    I found that pretty funny and inaccurate so I said he's wrong, that in NO WAY Margok HC is easier than a Mythic boss (other than Kargath).
    After mentioning that I got perm banned because he said I'm an idiot and that I think he said that Margok HC is harder than Margok Mythic.

So yeah he's still the same annoying dickhead he always was, he wonders where all his viewers went. Atm it's like 200 bots and 60 haters and 10 people that actually like him watching.
    The other 1000 probably either only liked him for D3 or are all permbanned.

I made a sarcastic joke about him not downing HC Margok tonight and even got banned for that, imagine this guy.

So frustrated that his stream is slowly dying and since he's not making money from it anymore he will eventually have to go find a real job, which he probably can't in Canada without an engineering diploma. Must be frustrating for him.

Raiding with ppl who are not at the same skill-level and/or don't have the same mentality as you, can be very very frustrating. This effect is multiplied many times when raiding with ppl you know in IRL, which is why I always try to avoid that if possible.

If you actually want to raid properly, the best thing would be to explain to them that this is not what you want form the game, and then leave and look for something better.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yes absolutely leave. If you want to raid on a higher level and your guild is holding you back, just leave. It's best for everyone.
    If you read the thread you can see an update and i already left them and migrated.

Quote Originally Posted by JabJabUplift View Post
    Poor guy as in LITERALLY poor you mean?
    Well he's stuck with 179 viewers average.

The guild he's been so called "leading" has real struggles with Margok HC and Kargath Mythic.

Some funny stuff happening lately:
    He said on stream when they killed Margok HC that his fellow raiders don't have to worry, because Margok HC is harder than most mythic bosses.
    I found that pretty funny and inaccurate so I said he's wrong, that in NO WAY Margok HC is easier than a Mythic boss (other than Kargath).
    After mentioning that I got perm banned because he said I'm an idiot and that I think he said that Margok HC is harder than Margok Mythic.

So yeah he's still the same annoying dickhead he always was, he wonders where all his viewers went. Atm it's like 200 bots and 60 haters and 10 people that actually like him watching.
    The other 1000 probably either only liked him for D3 or are all permbanned.

I made a sarcastic joke about him not downing HC Margok tonight and even got banned for that, imagine this guy.

So frustrated that his stream is slowly dying and since he's not making money from it anymore he will eventually have to go find a real job, which he probably can't in Canada without an engineering diploma. Must be frustrating for him.

Well sounds just like him.
    Last edited by jaolin; 2015-01-09 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    If you're not happy you should change guild.

If you even have to ask yourself, the answer is yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you've made your decision and I hope it works out for you. I don't want it to turn to bashing whoever this other is that's been brought up, and the reason for the thread is over, so I'm locking this.