Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    That would instantly flip a switch for me and they'd only be a fuck toy at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Well there would be a talk after such a bomb was dropped thats for sure. Depending on that talk, different things might happen.
    But on the onset? Yeah that's a complete dealbreaker for me. Cheers for the warning beforehand so that I can get out of it NOW.
    You're either with me (and that's it) or you're not with me.

I'd show them the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    If you had a girlfriend or boyfriend and they said they don't have any plans to but are worried they might cheat on you some day, would it be a deal breaker for the relationship for you?
    This type of thing is what people say when they want you to take the hint.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Strictly Monogamous relationships, with absolutely no room whatsoever for outside-the-couple playtime are less stable than relationships where there is some room for leeway.

There is no cheating in a relationship where a guy knows that if he REALLY wants to, he can go after that busty redhead for a one night stand, provided his missus says, "OK!".

Deleted
    If you had a girlfriend or boyfriend and they said they don't have any plans to but are worried they might cheat on you some day, would it be a deal breaker for the relationship for you?
    So, in other words, what you're asking is, if a significant other just told you they don't really love you, not really, would that matter to you?

I'd talk options, it's not a deal breaker.

Realistically there's always the possibility your gf/bf will cheat regardless. At least she's honest about it, that's points in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    er... no. Do you understand what "open relationship" means?
    I dunno, the fact she's worried that she might cheat implies it's a closed relationship to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Kick 'em to the curb

Deleted
    If they're telling me they're worried about it, that says that they want to change those feelings and improve the relationship. It's actually a very open and honest thing to do, telling your partner about that. It could lead to a constructive conversation about how the relationship could be improved for both parties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, in other words, what you're asking is, if a significant other just told you they don't really love you, not really, would that matter to you?
    Just because you love someone doesn't mean you can't be attracted to other people, or even be in love with other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    would it be a deal breaker for the relationship for you?
    Nope. Actually, I'd prefer that. For me, the key word is "worried". According to the terms of the OP, she has no plans but is worried. A person who is worried is thinking about the future and has concerns. A person who has concerns, and bothers to voice them, is being honest with me. I like honesty, although it isn't always comfortable.

edit: I see Protar pretty well beat me to it.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be able to deal with it, truthfully.

The admittance of them fearing they'd cheat on me at some point would make any trust between us difficult to develop, let alone nurture.

I'm also not at all inclined to open relationships so that means she'll have to find someone more compatible.

Though the fact she came clean would make me be thankful to her.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2015-01-02 at 05:17 PM.

Hard to say. I mean, even if you utterly love and adore someone you can never truly know for certainty what the future holds and how they'll react. No matter how staunch your views are, there is always a chance of doing something stupid, or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or something being taken out of context.

If though my partner knew for a fact she would cheat on me, if she had the chance, I'd end it there. I'm not one for open relationships. Sure, everyone has their fantasies and such, but in practice things often get really complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Would be a definite dealbreaker for me, yeah.

I kinda think an "open relationship" only benefits one half of the couple; one gets the stability of someone who will obviously put up with absolutely anything, and the other one is so weak/pathetic/whipped that he/she agrees to it simply to avoid being single. Could be wrong about some instances but after observing an old friend get involved in an "open relationship," this certainly seems to be the case for him.
    I was in an open relationship for a year and a half and absolutely loved it when I was 21-22. But we did have rules, and we both followed them. We broke up later for unrelated reasons.

Our rules were:
    1. Always wear protection.
    2. You can't have sex with anyone. It needs to be approved by the other partner. No hookups.
    3. If one person is having a drought finding someone else to have sex with, the successful partner either stops sex with others or helps out the failing partner. - This was extremely important. There were times where I just ran out of options, and same with her. It would have been unfair otherwise.
    4. Come home every night, do not spend the night with a partner. Sleep, cuddling, and all that was for us, not for others. That was intimacy for us.

People who get into these like your friend are in a bad spot and need some backbone. These relationships are not for the vast majority of people, and now that I'm engaged, I would be enraged if my partner wanted to cheat on me, because we do not have that kind of relationship.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, to the OP - I would leave my fiance if she said that to me.

Honesty is nice, and worry shows concern that they know that it's wrong.

But since the person knows it's wrong, I would rather be with someone (or single) who was just in the right, and not worried about doing the wrong.

That would depend on the conversation that would happen after them saying this.