[Balance] Glyph of Celestial Alignment at low gear levels?

I notice there's not much discussion of this glyph, except the occasional admonitions of "don't, it's bad." I wonder why this is.

Right now, with my haste at the ... unfortunate level it's at, I can fit about five casts in the CA window. So the eight-cast timer of the glyph seems like a sizable increase in CA's uptime. And that only becomes more the case if I'm stuck moving at the pull, for example I get targeted by the cloud right off the bat in the Tectus fight.

I imagine at higher haste levels this will be less beneficial, but I can't see that downside of it right now. What am I missing...?

Deleted
    BL makes it useless.

are you factoring in 2 dot applications and 2-3 starsurges? they all consume charges.

its a pvp glyph, so other teams have a harder time shutting down your burst.

I've actually gained a bit of gear since I posted this, and now stand at 647 iLvl, with 866 Haste. I did a bit more testing, this time with a shaman to provide Grace of Air and Bloodlust.

With Lust/Euphoria, I can fit nine total casts into the CA window. (Yes, I am counting dots/starsurges.)
    With Lust/BoP, I can fit eight.
    Without Lust/With Euphoria, I can just squeeze eight casts into the window.
    Without Lust/with BoP, down to seven.

So what I've found is (at my current gear level) the glyph is a clear dps loss when I'm using euphoria, under bloodlust, and never have to move during the duration. In any other situation, it appears at worst to be a push.

This is to say nothing of situations where you get stuck moving during CA; the reason I started looking into this was when I popped all my stuff at the beginning of a Tectus fight ... and then was immediately targeted with Crystalline Barrage and muttered a stream of profanities as my CA harmlessly fizzled out whle I ran for my life.

Again, and to emphasize, I realize this will cease to be a question when I have better gear with more haste, just as the glyph is already a nonstarter in a Patchwerk fight with euphoria. But my question was predicated on the usefulness of the glyph *at low gear levels,* when those starfires are coming out glacially slow. I'm just trying to figure out if the stated non-viability of the glyph is founded on the assumption of a higher gear level, or if there's something else I'm missing.
    Last edited by GoldenGoat; 2015-01-03 at 05:38 AM. Reason: slight rewording

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGoat View Post
    Snip

This is to say nothing of situations where you get stuck moving during CA; the reason I started looking into this was when I popped all my stuff at the beginning of a Tectus fight ... and then was immediately targeted with Crystalline Barrage and muttered a stream of profanities as my CA harmlessly fizzled out whle I ran for my life.

Snip
    Call for BOP.

But as you stated that's with Euphoria, there may be a small dps gain if yousing balance of power, but right now in progressive raiding other glyphs just feel more mandatory, it't not all about DPS you know! xD
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee