Question [Priest] Why Saving Grace?

As Disc Priest, at the moment, I don't know which lvl 100 talent use.

As I tought was correct, I used the Clarity of Will for arena and RBGs since extra shield spamming for low mana cost was wondefull, but recently i viewed lot of streamings of High Rating Disc priests and I saw that almost all of them are using Saving Grace... why? Is this extra healing with 8s stacking debuff really worth in arena?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I had this discussion with my arena mates and the only reason i came up was because the extra shields "bypass" the reflected damage from the PowerWord:Shield making it less effective.

Deleted
    It's more to do with the fact that Saving grace is such a fast heal, heals for 10k more approx than flash heal and is cheaper, also you don;t really notice the debuff as long as you use it only once every 8 secs.

It also doesn't consume your surge of light procs.

Deleted
    It's not really used for spamming, you pretty much cast shield/penance and then 2 saving grace. And I think reflective shield only works on yourself and not if your shield is on a party member.

Its easier to top your partners, and with all the CC in the game, you wil prop sit CC right after the casts, and the debuff wil drop.

And to the post above, Reflective Shieds work on all party members. Dont know where you read its only you that have the glyphed shield.

wait, people use that talent? seriously? casting two saving grace is litteraly the exact same thing as casting one saviing grace, then casting a flash heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    Its easier to top your partners, and with all the CC in the game, you wil prop sit CC right after the casts, and the debuff wil drop.

And to the post above, Reflective Shieds work on all party members. Dont know where you read its only you that have the glyphed shield.

You're wrong. Reflective Shield only works for PW:S cast on yourself. Go test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    You're wrong. Reflective Shield only works for PW:S cast on yourself. Go test it out.
    You are right, just read the tooltip, and it says "You" reflect dmg.

Deleted
    Clarity is never going to top anyone off, is a year long cast and just gets dispelled which is problem with disc priests atm, saving grace is a fast heal that heals double the amount of flash heal on the first cast and still way more than flash heal on second cast at less mana cost.

Thanks for the helpfull answers... Now i better understand the choice behind those talents!!!

Deleted
    I personally prefer words of mending over the other talents pretty much because Clarity of will has a 2sec+ cast and is dispellable, and saving grace reduces your incoming healing by 10% per heal, which opens alot of potential swaps on you, and imo priests arent the best survivors vs melee cleaves which are most comps at the moment. Correct me if i'm wrong tho, im new to priest and I am no rank 1 player, i too am looking for improvement in my gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Incurro View Post
    I personally prefer words of mending over the other talents pretty much because Clarity of will has a 2sec+ cast and is dispellable, and saving grace reduces your incoming healing by 10% per heal, which opens alot of potential swaps on you, and imo priests arent the best survivors vs melee cleaves which are most comps at the moment. Correct me if i'm wrong tho, im new to priest and I am no rank 1 player, i too am looking for improvement in my gameplay.
    You won't outright die with 2 stacks or so; you'll be able to stay alive and then Saving Grace yourself twice for a good portion of your health (when you'll actually need it).

Prayer of Mending can be dispelled with one purge, it takes 11 heals to trigger it (10 to get stacks + 1 to actually apply it afaik), and it's not that huge of a heal anyway.

I feel like Saving Grace is the better choice (in general) because of these reasons; if you're having trouble keeping somebody up it can really save the game.
    Last edited by Syh; 2015-01-03 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    I agree that 20% healing reduction wont have that much impact on the game vs most comps, but atleast for me at +/- 2k rating feel like vs comps that include feral druids might result in lethal damage, as I drop to 20% health every full stun/kick they hit without the needed peels. Again correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Incurro View Post
    I agree that 20% healing reduction wont have that much impact on the game vs most comps, but atleast for me at +/- 2k rating feel like vs comps that include feral druids might result in lethal damage, as I drop to 20% health every full stun/kick they hit without the needed peels. Again correct me if i'm wrong.
    So the teams you're playing with aren't providing peels for you when you need them? I can see how that's a problem. :/ I feel bad for you if that's the case, I know how awful that can be as a priest.

The main reason why I believe you should use Saving Grace is because when you're at 20% health, fading a Penance and Saving Grace x2 will bring you up well above what a Penance and Flash of Light x2 will. If you're already stuck in a stun or kick, it won't matter if you have the debuff, what matters is after you get out of the stun/kick (which the debuff will have faded by then generally, so you can use it to top yourself).

I'm sure you can still get high with Words of Mending, but I believe that Saving Grace will make it easier because it's honestly the strongest heal we can have outside of penance and isn't dispelled like the other two on the tier. If you prefer to use WoM/do better with it then feel free to continue using it, I personally prefer Saving Grace though as it's too strong of a heal for me to give it up and already incorporated into my play style. :P
    Last edited by Syh; 2015-01-03 at 09:54 PM.