[Balance] Poor dps, what am I doing wrong? [Logs]

Hi everyone,

I help my guild as Healer and Balance, but currently I can't seem to catch a break. I read a lot of guides, here, official forums, icy-veins etc.. But I still do very low dps, in particular single target.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Munzi/advanced

With this gear, I do like 14K on a dummy (MotW-Buff only) and 19K in a raid single target low movement fight. I reach about 25-28K on multiple targets.

I follow the rotation closely.

Here are my logs (same log) from a sample LFR:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o505yqgq376adzqy/
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VpfxBCGXNkz4RwMH

Quick Notes:
    - Kargath: Didn't get pulled up into the stands, very low movement, fairly clean rotation (from my understanding)
    - Butcher: Screwed up the rotation once or twice, but should be clean otherwise
    - Brackenspore: Used Starfall quite a bit and used the blue mushroom twice, other than that tried to keep dots up as much as possible
    - I did not use pots in these fights, how much would that add to my damage?

Let me know if there's more info I can provide, I would really appreciate help because I feel like my dps should be at least 5K higher with this gear setup.

Thanks

You seem to be casting Incarnation after casting Celestial Alignment so you end up wasting a few seconds of CA since Incarnation uses a global. You should instead use Incarnation before the pull then cast Celestial Alignment.

For Kagrath i see that you only used your cooldowns once which is at the start and you should have used them again during the 3 min mark. Also at butcher you could have used your trinket again. You also made the same mistake at Brackenspore and used your cooldowns only once.

Your character sims for 24.7k and you mange to pull 20k at Kagrath. If you used potions/flask and used your cooldowns one more time im sure you would be able to pull nearly the same amount that your character is simming

@ Desert:

Really, only 24.7K? :-/ I thought that I should be making closer to 27K at that item level, even if the weapon enchant is wrong. What adjustments could I make to my character (gear, enchants, other) which would help improve my damage?

Also, if anyone else has any advice regarding playstyle based on the logs, it's very welcome.

You don't use Barkskin. Barkskin lines up decently with infecting spores, if you pop it early on the first one and on cooldown for the later ones. Similarly it should be up for Tectonic Upheaval, Expel Magic: Fire and Arcane Aberrations.

Popping Barkskin whenever it's off cooldown and you know there's damage coming in is a good habit to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 22-24K is about what realistically should be pulling on kargath.

I can see you screwed up your rotation on Butcher - clear discrepancy between starfire/wrath casts. Should be fairly close to each other, with wrath maybe a few more, but you have a discrepancy of 12 which indicates the screw up during lunar also might also be due to the fact that you didn't use incarnation/celestial alignment a second time. - (make sure you use incarnation the second time while your in lunar phase - even though Celestial alignment gives you empowerment for both lunar an solar - your starsurges will only give the buff for the ability for the phase you were in when celestial alignment was used).

For brackenspore - starfall is a major part of that fight, it is maintained for a good % of the fight as it should be used optimally when there are 2+ adds up for around 8sec+ (no matter the eclipse state) - so make sure you are prioritising your charges for starfall over starsurge (with the exception when your 3min cd's are up again and there is no fungal giant as it is essentially single target) When ever the fungal giant and spore shooters are up you should be using starfall. with the occasional starsurge, wrath/starfire, when you get a charge proc outside the 30sec recharge. Because once you get to mythic it can become upto 30-35% of your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Furein View Post

I can see you screwed up your rotation on Butcher - clear discrepancy between starfire/wrath casts. Should be fairly close to each other, with wrath maybe a few more, but you have a discrepancy of 12 which indicates the screw up during lunar also might also be due to the fact that you didn't use incarnation/celestial alignment a second time. - (make sure you use incarnation the second time while your in lunar phase - even though Celestial alignment gives you empowerment for both lunar an solar - your starsurges will only give the buff for the ability for the phase you were in when celestial alignment was used).

For brackenspore - starfall is a major part of that fight, it is maintained for a good % of the fight as it should be used optimally when there are 2+ adds up for around 8sec+ (no matter the eclipse state) - so make sure you are prioritising your charges for starfall over starsurge (with the exception when your 3min cd's are up again and there is no fungal giant as it is essentially single target) When ever the fungal giant and spore shooters are up you should be using starfall. with the occasional starsurge, wrath/starfire, when you get a charge proc outside the 30sec recharge. Because once you get to mythic it can become upto 30-35% of your damage.
    Starfall uptime in solar on 2targets? Sounds like proc heaven to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furein View Post

I can see you screwed up your rotation on Butcher - clear discrepancy between starfire/wrath casts.
    Becasue Starfire should pull ahead a lot on single target? As balance druid you don't cast single wrath on CA, seriously if you are not sure about something don't give advices away...

Single target log for butcher 4 min should look lik: Starfire Starsurge Wrath Moonfire/Sunfire

When wrath is around 15% and Starfire 35%.
    Last edited by mmocb16d6382de; 2015-01-03 at 10:43 AM. Reason: forgot something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munzwurf View Post
    Hi everyone,

Quick Notes:
    - Kargath: Didn't get pulled up into the stands, very low movement, fairly clean rotation (from my understanding)
    - Butcher: Screwed up the rotation once or twice, but should be clean otherwise
    - Brackenspore: Used Starfall quite a bit and used the blue mushroom twice, other than that tried to keep dots up as much as possible
    - I did not use pots in these fights, how much would that add to my damage?

Let me know if there's more info I can provide, I would really appreciate help because I feel like my dps should be at least 5K higher with this gear setup.

Thanks

For the Butcher LFR - Flask/Foods/Pots would be a start, 100 extra mastery, 250 static int and 1000 int/30 sec will change your single targets numbers quite dramatically. Obviously you say you are primarily a healer but trying to get a normal mode weapon with the Mark of Bleeding Hollow enchant would also help, the weapon proc has ~40% uptime. As for SS usage, as long as you're not capping SS charges try to save for them for Lunar, Starfire has always hit a lot harder than wrath and thus the emp it gets is far more beneficial than wrath emp. 2nd Trinket use obviously, but apart from that it's not overall that bad, missing a lot of raid buffs etc. Sunfire refresing ideally every solar peak but don't prioritize this over losing the DoT on the boss, the dps increase is minute at best, moonfire every 2nd Lunar peak. This fight also gets better when in a organised raid for Fox's on the knock back to have as little downtime as possible.

Brackenspore - Starfall > SS when 2+ targets are alive in lunar and 15 stars of the starfall will actually hit 2+ targets, 3+ when in solar. A quick AC out of solar and into lunar aswell helps just before spore shooters spawn as they shouldn't be alive for the full duration of Sunfire and you no longer get procs from multi DoT'ing, only from 1 target. DoT's rolling on all the big adds and any mind fungus that do not immediately have to be killed. CDs on pull as normal, but try to save the 2nd set for Spore Shooters spawning and during a blue shroom, so that last blue shroom you got would of been ideal. Same goes again as for butcher, try to use as little charges on wrath emp and instead for SF emp. Again, consumables.

In general not too bad for someone's OS with no consumables. But you should probably get some sort of tracker for the CD on your incarnation as the only real common theme is you missing out on using it a 2nd time. Weak Aura's is a good tool for this.

INC/CA WeakAura: pastebin(dot)com/ZfFEey1u

For on use trinkets I personally just move them onto there own 1 button action bar and place it somewhere near the above weak aura, but any addon such as TellMeWhen or just creating another WeakAura should do the job too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zelis View Post
    Becasue Starfire should pull ahead a lot on single target? As balance druid you don't cast single wrath on CA, seriously if you are not sure about something don't give advices away...

Single target log for butcher 4 min should look lik: Starfire Starsurge Wrath Moonfire/Sunfire

When wrath is around 15% and Starfire 35%.
    I am sure about it. on single target fights the the number of "casts" should be similar, the damage output shouldn't, with starfire clearly above.

and I know you shouldn't be casting wrath during CA..... the poster has a habbit of forgetting/not popping cds after the opening uses - So i was reminding him to make sure he uses CA while he is lunar eclispe state so the starsurges will give him the starfire buff, not the wrath buff if he used CA during solar eclipse state.

Quote Originally Posted by Valgo View Post
    Brackenspore - Starfall > SS when 2+ targets are alive in lunar and 15 stars of the starfall will actually hit 2+ targets, 3+ when in solar.
    Starfall is better with 2+ targets during solar aswell,
    Last edited by Furein; 2015-01-04 at 11:44 AM.