Thread: can destruction

Deleted

can destruction

can you play destruction on all bosses in highemoul or do the other specs outwieght destro by alot on some fights? like butcher for exempel.?

mythic? normal? heroic?

Mythic: yes, but some specs are certainly better on specific fights -

Aff is best on butcher, twins. Demo is better on tectus, and arguably koragh depending on raid requirements.

Heroic: you can play destro to your hearts content

Normal: you can play destro to your hearts content

LFR: you can play destro to your hearts content

Deleted
    oey , thx mate

Number-wise, I agree with Killface1 but if you aren't comfortable playing another spec you may do better as Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    mythic? normal? heroic?

Mythic: yes, but some specs are certainly better on specific fights -

Aff is best on butcher, twins. Demo is better on tectus, and arguably koragh depending on raid requirements.

Heroic: you can play destro to your hearts content

Normal: you can play destro to your hearts content

LFR: you can play destro to your hearts content
    Why would Aff be better for butcher?

You get a shard back if you drain soul the adds right before they explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You get a shard back if you drain soul the adds right before they explode.
    didn't know that....would've helped with the god awful shard RNG I got on our kill. 10 shards in 4 minutes. FML

Just gonna be 100% honest here, if you're the kind of warlock who can only play destruction, and needs to only play destruction to get by as best you can as a warlock, unless your raid group is really bad you should definitely spend your time lvl'ing another class right now, any warlock spec is way too underpowered for anyone not willing to work much harder than simply jumped on fotm MoP destruction and that's all I can play at it.

If you aren't comfortable playing any other warlock specs you aren't going to do well at all right now.

I'm not a fan of Demo at all. Pretty much i refuse to play it unless its like how TOT was and Lei Shen trinket was OP, then do it up. Destro/Aff is a good combo and gives you choices.

One thing i do personally is run multiple LFR's get you practice to learn the class 100% and not just accept one spec thats all.

Helps your raid out a lot, max dps and you become a better player overall having that variety.

You could play destro on every fight if you wanted, though I think Butcher, Tectus and Koragh you will probably find other specs preforming better. Destro completely blows other specs out of the water for Imperator.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Just gonna be 100% honest here, if you're the kind of warlock who can only play destruction, and needs to only play destruction to get by as best you can as a warlock, unless your raid group is really bad you should definitely spend your time lvl'ing another class right now, any warlock spec is way too underpowered for anyone not willing to work much harder than simply jumped on fotm MoP destruction and that's all I can play at it.

If you aren't comfortable playing any other warlock specs you aren't going to do well at all right now.
    That is not true at all. Destro is perfectly fine, even for all the Mythic fights. Obviously some specs are slightly better and necessary if you WERE going for WF and such, but you can still pull your weight as destro and its less relevant now. You also have to remember that just because a spec is technically better for a fight doesnt mean that the player can actually perform better at it...not to mention the gear differences (ex. if you have a lot of crit, you may play destro better on all fights anyways).
    Last edited by Gravityx; 2015-01-03 at 10:48 AM.
    Graviity

I been doing destro on all fights the stats differ from what demo and afflic need i am high crit with kind of low mastery at 66% buffed but destro works on the all the fights we been doing just fine i been climbing in dps numbers as my gear goes up. Demo being from all that i have read haste crit and afflic mastery haste and crit mastery for destro which is what i am.Fyi i get most of my info from icy viens or noxxic or world of logs and look at what gear and stats and enchants top dps warlocks are running so this is my two cents

The reality is that a warlock would need to carry all 3 specs to perform the 'best' they could on HM fights; but sadly you can only bring 2x to raid (unless youre going out of raid to swap). IMO picking the best 2 specs for you should be based on:

1: What you're most comfortable with rotation wise.
    2. What secondary stat levels you have on your gear.

If you are not doing mythic then it doesn't really matter, if you can pull decent numbers and do the mechanics properly then you can play any spec you want in normal and heroic. Mechanics are more important than damage but you need to be doing a certain minimum of damage or you will be a drain on your group due to flexing technology. If your raid awareness sucks no amount of damage will keep you in a raid group.

Deleted
    I'm playing destro only. I have a choice. Performing "good" on every boss as destro or "so-so" on those another bosses.