Unholy opener with Scabbard

DK in my core has had trouble figuring out his CD usage, etc, since obtaining SoK. For example, he's not sure if he should use it before or after Garg on opener, etc. I imagine he should just macro it with Garg and Blood Fury on opener considering there's no snapshotting anymore. For me for example, I use it on pull macro'd with wings and then save it for every 30s after to line up again. Do DK's save it to line up with anything similar, or?

Redirect me to any answers in previous threads if already well explained. Thanks.

Myself, I use it as soon as Rune of the Fallen Crusader (RotFC) procs in the opener as it also lasts 15 seconds and increases strength. I personally don't cast Dark Transformation till after SoK effect falls off so I can cast only damaging abilities for the 15 seconds, primarily Scourge strike and DC to prevent Rune capping and to get some SI stacks. Scabbard lines up with every Gargoyle BTW as garg is 3m cd and scabbard is 1.5m cd. if anyone else has feedback feel free to let me know. Also, Happy new years everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    ... it with Garg and Blood Fury on opener considering there's no snapshotting anymore...
    Hi there,

Lets take a look at what can possibly happen in the opener:
    -Draenic Strength Potion (1000 str for 25s)
    -Lust/Hero/Drums (30% Haste for 40s)
    -Rune of the Fallen Crusader (20% strength for 15s)
    -Archmage's Greater Incandescence (15% strength for 10s)

As you stated that's what I do and if the above abilities occur that's a large buff to your Garry and AotD(though the damage is not as what it used to be).
    There is really nothing else worth offseting the usage of Scabbard for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobloodz View Post
    ... Scabbard lines up with every Gargoyle BTW as garg is 3m cd and scabbard is 1.5m cd...
    As a bonus for using it at the same time as your Garry you will be able to use it again with your garry if you had used it on CD at the 1.5min mark into the fight.
    Last edited by Jokr; 2015-01-03 at 05:53 PM.

This is my opener for my mythic bracken kill, first 20 seconds of the fight pets removed. I armied at 5 seconds on the pull timer, The rest of my opener is listed by event below. Id like to think this is fairly reliable as i finished rank 31st on the night of the kill. Also i realize this is a bit more indepth than you asked for OP, but i figured seeing the entire thing might help your friend along more than just being told do X, because its how you do things.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...32&end=5393008

The next link is what my casts were doing during the opener, IE what they were hitting for etc.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...32&end=5393008

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Tunick; 2015-01-05 at 01:42 AM.

What I've been doing is using gargoyle on pull but waiting an extra 10-15 seconds to empower my ghoul and then pop Kyanos, gargoyle lasts for 40 seconds so it will easily benefit from the entire 10 second duration of Scabbard but you get the added benefit of a harder hitting ghoul for those 10 seconds as well. Its unlikely that those 15 seconds wasted at the start would cost you another full use of scabbard at the end but if thats the case it wouldn't be worth waiting.