/Cast Frost Presence
    /Cast Unholy Presence
    Buffs from Trinket & Pillar of Frost

/cast Pillar of Frost
    /use Primal Combatant's Badge of Adaptation
    Frost Strike & Blood Tap

/cast Frost Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    Last edited by mmoce1d7bdc935; 2015-01-03 at 01:31 PM.

I'm not sure why you have Death's Advance and Lichborne in one macro.

Small tips:
    #showtooltip (optional: <spellname>) for tooltips. Use the question mark as the icon for this
    /use instead of /cast if you're running out of space
    Modifier: [nomod] or [mod] or [mod:shift]/[mod:ctrl]/[mod:alt] to use up to 4 spells on one key

Edit:
    Talents in macros
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:6/1] Gorefiend's Grasp; [talent:6/2] Remorseless Winter; [talent:6/3] Desecrated Ground
    [talent:<row>/<column>]
    Last edited by Aergwyn; 2015-01-03 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Hello, fellow DKs. I'm a 2h Frost DPS who is performing reasonably well for his gear/skill, and it has a lot to do with macros. Here I'll only show the ones I'm very fond of!

----

Mount/Glider/Ress macro:

#showtooltip Raise Ally
    /script C_MountJournal.Summon(0)
    /use 15
    /cast [@mouseover] Raise Ally
    /petpassive
    What it does:
    This macro lets me, while dismounted, summon a favourite mount, and dismount while mounted. It also uses my Goblin Glider when falling. Also, it casts a Combat Ress on my mouseover target - a very useful thing for raids, as it allows you to bring someone up .2sec after they died. Lastly, it puts the ghoul pet on passive - for unholy. The tooltip is for the Ress - the one you need to know.

All in 1 button (you could add more uses with a mod, ofc). Just, each of the 4 (5) uses has different, largely exclussive conditions.

--

One-shot macro:

#showtooltip Pillar of Frost
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Pillar of Frost
    /cast Blood Fury(Racial)
    /use [mod:shift] Draenic Strength Potion
    What it does:
    Having all cds on a single button is, of course, very useful. The interesting bits are the 2 trinks and the potion. Since I have 2*on use trinks, using the macro first pops my top trinket, then 1 min after on the second click (when Pillar has reloaded), uses my second trink (do note that using 1 trink triggers a CD on the other with the same duration as the effect of the first lasts). I use a 2min and 1.5min cd trinks (just use your best trinkets, obviously, it just happens that mine are 2*on use!), and this means I have a pretty great burst potential, having a good boost on each Pillar. Overall dps largely suffers (not necessaricly, but mostly), but burst is very top notch - a very useful thing raidwise (bursting adds, dps phase, etc). Though your overall might not be as high, your burst rockets your value as dps.

The potion part is very nice imo. It lets me use a mod (shift here) on my One-shot macro to use my potion. This essentially lets me click my dps macro freely throughout the fight, while also letting me save the potion for when I choose. It saves a keybind for the potion, basicly, and eases players into have all dps cd's on 1 bind - easy to click and learn.

--

Staple macros:
    My staple macros are the ones I have for each spec, and which make my playstyle very free and unencumbering, at least in my opinion. I'll post the frost 2h ones, and I'll link to my UI after, since the two are connected.

#showtooltip Plague Leech
    /cast [nomod] Outbreak
    /cast [mod:shift] Plague Leech

#showtooltip Howling Blast
    /cast [nomod] Frost Strike
    /cast [mod:shift] Howling Blast

#showtooltip Obliterate
    /cast [nomod] Obliterate
    /cast [mod:shift] Blood Boil

What they do:
    So. These are my most valuable and useful macros, and it's all to do with keybinds. For 2h Frost, or Frost overall, the 6 skills here represent about 90-95% of all GCDs. The key thing is - I have these three macros on my mousewheel only. The first on a mousewheel click, second an up scroll, third a down scroll.

You may notice, the skills in each pair are mutually exclussive, meaning a clear-cut priority can be learned and executed relatively easily. Also, do note that the tooltips are of the skill you need to know of (I don't need to be seeing Frost Strikes, since I know of Rime from Obliterate, for example).

*You should add a "/petattack" to your unholy Festering Strike or Death Coil macros.

These three macros make my life a whole lot easier. Hell, if I need to slack (trash...) I just scroll up, down, and I do reasonable damage. And, of course, they also free you up to follow fight mechanics and optimize your dmg output, survivability, utility, etc etc... The value from these, as opposed to having the six skills scattered and not on the mousewheel, is immense.

And here is my UI (elvUI ftw):

You can see, I have my three "staple" macros in the top bar with the three binds only. Having them up there lets me follow procs and cds more easily, while letting me get rid of the stupid Blizz spell alerts.

I will not elaborate too much more on keybinds and ui - just know that "2" and "3" are the most easily pressable keys.

I also just did the math, and it seems I actively use 22 (23) skills and items in a largely standard fight across only 13 keybinds, while ~95% of my GCDs are on the mousewheel.

Problems with my set up:

Some semi-important tooltips can't be shown.
    I still can't figure a way to add a Blood Tap to the mousewheel - input appreciated! (do note that for 2h RE is quite probably the best - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post31190865).

I hope this was useful to easing some people into smashing virtual skulls. Any feedback is appreciated!
    Last edited by mmoc126e3f25d2; 2015-01-19 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aergwyn View Post
    I'm not sure why you have Death's Advance and Lichborne in one macro.
    I have no idea as well. Re-edited

Deleted
    Macros? Phew, I have quite a lot, but they're mainly used for using spells on focus targets, self targetting and the like.

I couldn't get [target=focus] to work with Gorefiend's Grasp for some reason, so I use
    Code:
    #showtooltip Gorefiend's Grasp
    /target Focus
    /cast Gorefiend's Grasp
    /target lasttarget
    I also have one for casting GG on myself.

Code:
    Lichborne Self-heal

#showtooltip Lichborne
    /cast Lichborne
    /cast [target=player] Death Coil
    Code:
    Mouseover Death Grip
    #showtooltip Death Grip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Death Grip
    Code:
    Focus Death Grip

#showtooltip Death Grip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus]Death Grip
    Code:
    Summon ghoul / transform ghoul on the same button

#showtooltip
    /cast [nopet] raise dead; dark transformation

Code:
    Mouseover howling blast

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Howling Blast
    Code:
    Mouseover battle res, chooses current target if no mouseover target

#showtooltip Raise Ally
    /cast [Target=mouseover, exists] Raise Ally;
    /cast Raise Ally
    Code:
    #showtooltip Gnaw
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Gnaw
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Leap
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Gnaw
    /cast [nomod:shift] Gnaw
    /cast [nomod:shift] Leap
    /cast [nomod:shift] Gnaw

For every put-on-ground-somewhere I also use ! macros so that the ability can be spammed without the targeting field being removed Seems like blizz added this functionality in to the game by default now

Code:
    #Showtooltip Anti-Magic Zone
    /cast !Anti-Magic Zone

// Looks like these aren't really important any more? But putting AMZ in a macro at least prevents you from losing your bind any time you log out without AMZ specced.

Things that aren't DK related, and that I use on a lot of different characters include

Code:
    Cancel anything that can be a annoying

/cancelaura Conversion
    /cancelaura Blessing of Protection
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cancelaura Unholy Blight
    Code:
    Focus the mouseovered target

/Focus Mouseover

Engineering

Code:
    Use cape (Glider)

#showtooltip
    /use 15
    Code:
    Use belt (usually nitro boost)

#showtooltip
    /use 6

I haven't posted enough to these forums to be able to link to a picture of my UI, sadly. But I hope some of these macros are useful or inspiring to some people.
    Last edited by mmoc48ecd4d72d; 2015-01-13 at 12:24 PM. Reason: fixes

Rescart for [target=focus] or [target=mouseover] you can also use [@focus]/[@mouseover].

I have two questions. What is "target=Rescart" and what exactly does the exclamation mark (/cast !Lichborne)?

For every put-on-ground-somewhere I also use ! macros so that the ability can be spammed without the targeting field being removed
    Weird. I can spam it and the circle won't disappear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aergwyn View Post
    Rescart for [target=focus] or [target=mouseover] ...

What is "target=Rescart" and what exactly does the exclamation mark (/cast !Lichborne)?

Weird. I can spam it and the circle won't disappear.
    I couldn't post with "at" format, since it counts as a link for some reason and I've made <10 posts.

A couple of these macros I've had since 4.0, so there might be some not-so-pretty formatting, or some game mechanics may have changed since then, I think that explains why the ! isn't necesary to make the put-on-ground abilities 'sticky' any longer, which is nice. The AMZ macro does help me not lose my AMZ keybinding everytime I log out with purgatory specced, though.

I think the ! on lichborne prevents the macro from trying to use lichborne multiple times, target=Rescart is my bad way of writing target=player, I use that macro about once a year, and I think it's from back in 4.0 too, so don't quote me on it . It's purpose is still the same, lichborne and using DC on yourself in the same macro. Lichborne doesn't say anywhere in the tooltip that you're supposed to turn undead with it, but you still seem to do so, for some reason. Previous post's lichborne macro has been updated.

I'll toss this one in for Gorefiend's

This lets me choose whether to gorefiend's on my target, or myself
    Code:
    #showtooltip Gorefiend's Grasp
    /cast [mod:shift, target=Resurgo][target=target, exists][nomod] Gorefiend's Grasp

On occasions in the past, I've also wanted to have a choice on who I cast Death Coil on...
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, target=targettarget, help] Death Coil; [target=focus, exists] Death Coil; Death Coil
    This gave me a few choices depending on whether or not I set a focus.
    If I had a focus target, I'd be keeping an eye on their health (my healer on Shaman during SoO) so I'd be tossing Death Coils at my healer. Otherwise, I'd take away the Focus and be free to Death Coil as normal. The shift mod was added as a just in case, so I could shield my co-tank if need be.
    Last edited by Resurgo; 2015-01-13 at 10:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Malus416; 2015-01-13 at 02:06 PM.

this is my skullflower ui
    Last edited by Stacie; 2015-02-07 at 02:50 PM.

All Tier6 talents (with mouseover > focus > player for GG)
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,talent:6/1][@focus,exists,talent:6/1][talent:6/1]Gorefiend's Grasp;[talent:6/2]Remorseless Winter;[talent:6/3]Desecrated Ground
    Mindfreeze or Strangulate (with modifier), both with hostile-focus option
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,mod][mod]Strangulate;[@focus,harm][]Mind Freeze
    Basic Death Grip
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][@focus,harm][]death grip
    PvE Quick Death Grip (specific target). Works wonders i.e. on Tectus if you have add gripping duty
    #showtooltip death grip
    /cleartarget
    /target **TARGET_NAME_HERE**
    /focus
    /cast [@focus]death grip
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!

Deleted
    ¨
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nopet] Raise Dead
    /stopmacro [nopet]
    /cast scourge strike
    And you know why...

Deleted
    So many nice UI´s

Deleted
    Nice and clean

Last edited by Stacie; 2015-02-07 at 02:53 PM.

With target & raid/boss frames visible:

No target:

This UI was on my 17" laptop. I just picked up a sweet 27" Asus IPS monitor, so everything is still the same but a bit more spread out now.

Deleted
    #showtooltip Frost Strike
    /cast Frost Strike
    /cast Blood Tap

I'm just sayin' <3

Deleted
    Lets see:

DK macros;
    Mouseover Grasp:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][@target]Gorefiend's Grasp

"move to" pet bind:
    #showtooltip Anti-Magic Zone
    /click PetActionButton3 LeftButton

Summon pet/cast DT:
    #showtooltip Death Pact
    /petattack
    /cast [nopet] Raise Dead; !Dark Transformation

If for some reason I am using the DC glyph that heals ppl:
    #showtooltip Anti-Magic Zone
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, help, nodead] Death Coil; Death Coil

Rest consist of making my UI neet and clean and /startattack.

None DK macros:

Stun DR tracker with stopwatch:
    /run f=CreateFrame("Frame") f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED") f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self,event,...) if UnitName(select(1,...))==UnitName("player") and select(5,...)==1833 then Stopwatch_StartCountdown(0,0,22) Stopwatch_Play() end end)

3 vs 3 party frame arrangement macro, always has party1 top, p2 mid, ect:
    /run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") CRFSort_Group=function(t1, t2) if UnitIsUnit(t1,"player") then return false elseif UnitIsUnit(t2,"player") then return true else return t1 < t2 end end CompactRaidFrameContainer.flowSortFunc=CRFSort_

Camera distance:
    /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 5

Hide red error text:
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Mount and cancel aura for bop
    /cast [nomod] Black Qiraji Battle Tank
    /cast [mod:shift] Invincible
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Azure Water Strider
    /cast [mod:alt] Grand Expedition Yak
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cancelaura Deterrence

Remain afk and don't dc:
    /run local f=CreateFrame("Frame")f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_CAMPING")f:SetScript("OnEvent", function() local p=StaticPopup_Visible("CAMP")_G[p.."Button1"]:Click()end)

Target self, with mod for healthstone HP pot:
    #showtooltip death and decay
    /tar [nomod] player
    /use [mod:shift] Healing Tonic
    /cast [mod:shift] Healthstone
    /cast [mod:shift] Fortifying Brew
    /use
    /focus [mod:ctrl, @mouseover]
    /use
    /use [@mouseover]

Information on how fast your character is moving:
    /script x=GetUnitSpeed("player") DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Speed: %d yds/sec, %.1f kph, %.1f mph, %d%% normal run speed",x,x*3600/1093.6133,x*45/22,x/7*100))

And that's about all the interesting macros I have. well, bar the macro that DC's everyone if I am the raid leader, used if you want to get a whole raid group to GM island.

UI.
    Last edited by mmoc608cbe8d0e; 2015-02-04 at 03:23 PM.

Deleted
    youtube.com/watch?v=nxa54QKVEPU
    wowinterface.com/downloads/info21829-XanUI-AllyouneedforRaiding.html

You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

My UI. That picture is from testing and the necrotic plague icon is a lot brighter now and shows the remaining time, and it's only visible when plague is at 15 stacks. I also have another icon next to the NP to show the remaining duration of dark transformation. When I'm in a raid, grid appears to the left side of runetracker and boss frames to the right as usual.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2015-02-07 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptnic View Post
    Lets see:

And that's about all the interesting macros I have. well, bar the macro that DC's everyone if I am the raid leader, used if you want to get a whole raid group to GM island.
    Hold the heck on, That just got interesting. tell me more.