Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you see people mention Taken 3, you know it's been a shit year (so far).

For me, Mad Max. That's it. I'll add in Star Wars at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    When you see people mention Taken 3, you know it's been a shit year (so far).

For me, Mad Max. That's it. I'll add in Star Wars at the end of the year.
    Or you know people haven't watched too many movies.

Added Inside Out. Tomorrowland: A World Beyond has moved out of the top ten list.

New top movie! Inside Out has usurped Mad Max: Fury Road, which has been the top movie of the year for 50 days (since 14th May).

Also, new favorite Pixar movie.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-07-04 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Mad max in on a second place.
    Mockumentary from NZ about Vampires is still number one. Partly because i have a immense respect for movie makers who can make genuinely funny movies. There might be plenty of average comedies which make you smile but rarely make you burst out in laughter. Movies like for example Borat is apparently not more than a few on a decade.

Mad MAx is a good solid action movie. A simple plot, but who cares when its 80 mph action from beginning to end. Add to that a surreal postapocalyptic world and villains who seems to have stepped right out of a FPS game. Bold filmmaking imo.
    And Charlize Theron is def a favorit actress atm.

Also added Tomorrowland which i feel is better than the ~50% RT consensus implies. Apart from the ending where the plot is attempted explained with exotic science, i think the movie is ~85% with a extraordinary production design and creative action scenes.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Added Chappie - Coming in 5th place with 6 out of 10. It didn't overtake anything. The film was nothing special but still worth a look if you enjoy science fiction.

Deleted
    I will be boring, but for me the best movies is the godfather and scarface all the time. The list of my favorite is longer, but those are on a top.

1. Ex Machina
    2. Mad Max: Fury Road
    3. Interstellar
    4. American Sniper
    5. Jurassic World

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    1. Ex Machina
    2. Mad Max: Fury Road
    3. Interstellar
    4. American Sniper
    5. Jurassic World
    You actually have a list here already. Although once again I want to point out that American Sniper and Interstellar is definitely considered a 2014 movie.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-07-08 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sebrid View Post
    I will be boring, but for me the best movies is the godfather and scarface all the time. The list of my favorite is longer, but those are on a top.
    This thread is not about best movies of all time, it's about best movies of this year. Unless you found a way to alter history in your spare time, Scarface and The Godfather didn't come out this year.

Jurassic World (10/10)
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (9/10)
    Kingsman(8/10)

Making a list last year was more fun than I expected, so I will set one up for this year as well. Or at least attempt to. I'm so bad at this. I've barely watched any films from 2015, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Ratings are subject to change.

1. When Marnie Was There – 9/10
    2. The Martian – 9/10
    3. Inside Out – 9/10
    4. The Revenant – 9/10
    5. Mad Max: Fury Road – 9/10
    6. Bridge of Spies – 9/10
    7. Listen to Me Marlon – 9/10
    8. Trumbo – 8/10
    9. Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens – 8/10
    10. The Hateful Eight – 8/10

Watchlist
    • Crimson Peak
    • High-Rise
    • I Saw the Light
    • Krampus
    • The Lobster

Do feel free to come with recommendations and/or suggestions of films to watch.

Updates
    - 12/07/15: Added Slow West, The Light Between Oceans, Steve Jobs, Ex Machina and It Follows to the watchlist and some formatting to the post.
    - 16/07/15: Added Ex Machina, Slow West, Cinderella, and Chappie to the top list.
    - 27/07/15: Added The Revenant, The Hateful Eight, Bridge of Spies, Legend, Spectre, In the Heart of the Sea, The Good Dinosaur, The Walk, Air, Dope, Krampus, The Danish Girl, Suffragette, Sicario, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, and The Lobster to the watchlist.
    - 28/07/15: Added It Follows to the top list.
    - 29/07/15: Added Ant-Man and Furious Seven to the top list.
    - 05/08/15: Added Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation to the top list and Southpaw to the watchlist.
    - 11/08/15: Added Irrational Man to the watchlist.
    - 16/08/15: Added Inside Out to the top list. Chappie has been pushed out.
    - 23/08/15: Added Mad Max: Fury Road to the top list. It Follows has been pushed out.
    - 22/09/15: Added Trumbo to the watchlist. Removed The Light Between Oceans from the watchlist (appears to be released in 2016 instead).
    - 02/10/15: Added The Martian to the top list. Spy has been pushed out.
    - 24/10/15: Added Me and Earl and the Dying Girl to the top list. Furious Seven has been pushed out.
    - 31/10/15: Added Avengers: Age of Ultron to the top list. Kingsman: The Secret Service has been pushed out.
    - 01/11/15: Added Jurassic World to the top list. Cinderella has been pushed out.
    - 04/11/15: Added Dope to the top list. Jurassic World has been pushed out.
    - 16/12/15: Added Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens to the top list. Ant-Man has been pushed out.
    - 18/01/16: Added The Revenant to the top list. Dope has been pushed out.
    - 19/01/16: Added When Marnie Was There and Carol to the top list. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation and Slow West have been pushed out.
    - 20/01/16: Added The Hateful Eight to the top list. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl has been pushed out.
    - 22/01/16: Added Creed to the top list. Carol has been pushed out.
    - 23/01/16: Added Listen to Me Marlon and Bridge of Spies to the top list. Creed and Ex Machina have been pushed out.
    - 26/01/16: Added Trumbo to the top list. Avengers: Age of Ultron has been pushed out.
    - 29/01/16: Swapped the positions of The Revenant and Inside Out, and Bridge of Spies and Mad Max: Fury Road.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2016-02-02 at 09:52 AM.

Kingsman is definitely considered a 2015 film.

Other movies to throw on the watchlist would be The Good Dinosaur, The Revenant, Bridge of Spies, Spectre, In The Heart of the Sea, The Hateful Eight, Legend, Krampus, The Peanuts Movie (maybe?), The Walk, Air, The Man from U.N.C.L.E (Hall H at Comic Con apparently received a look at it rather well), Dope, Paper Towns (if you liked The Fault in Our Stars I guess) and Goosebumps (if you know those books or think it looks interesting).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Kingsman is definitely considered a 2015 film.
    Alright. I suppose I am just not entirely sure what to look for when checking that.

The Revenant trailer, some people are already thinking Leo will finally get an Oscar for this:
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-07-18 at 12:57 PM.

Added Ant-Man. Chappie has moved out of the top ten list.

Added The Revenant, The Hateful Eight, Bridge of Spies, Legend, Spectre, In the Heart of the Sea, The Good Dinosaur, The Walk, Air, Dope, Krampus, The Danish Girl, Suffragette, Sicario, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, and The Lobster to the watchlist.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2015-07-27 at 11:50 AM.

Updated with Terminator. I really liked it. It's been such a slow year for movies for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Updated with Terminator. I really liked it. It's been such a slow year for movies for me.
    Should give Mad Max and Inside Out a try when they're released on DVD/Blu-ray.

I have difficulties rating It Follows, which I saw yesterday. When I watched it, I didn't like it. I thought it was slow to start with and that the film in its entirety was empty. By that, I mean it lacked a story. Nothing really happened. And regarding the characters, they didn't have any personality. They were faceless. I also had this uneasy feeling throughout the majority of the film.

After the film finished, I went into the thinking box. The film had been well received by critics and many audience members, so surely there was something I missed. Now, my experience with horror films is incredibly slim. I have in fact barely watched any films in the genre at all. One can probably count them on one hand. Needless to say, I'm not particularly fond of them. It has occurred to me that horror films may focus more on atmosphere and mood, and that well-developed story and characters are for that reason often not primary objectives. In fact, it can be distracting if the focus is on the former. With that in mind, I may be starting to understand why It Follows was so well received. It also makes me realize that that uneasy feeling I had while watching it was probably a good thing and something they intended. The film did however have a few plot holes that vexed me.

Verdict: I can understand why the film has received critical acclaim, but it was not for me. 6/10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IreneJoy View Post
    Jurassic World (10/10)
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (9/10)
    Kingsman(8/10)
    Those are some high ratings for some okish films

Quote Originally Posted by superslim View Post
    Those are some high ratings for some okish films
    Care to share your own ratings and rankings?