Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Added Focus.

3 months into the year and I haven't seen a thing. Fast 7 comes out in April, I'll see that though. Maybe before then I'll see that new Liam Neeson movie Run All Night if I can find someone interested in going with me to see it.

1. Furious Seven - 8.5/10
    2. Kingsman: The Secret Service - 7/10
    3. Avengers 2 - 7/10
    4. Blackhat - 3/10
    5. Fifty Shades of Grey - 1.5/10
    Last edited by sharlez; 2015-05-07 at 07:05 PM.

Added Cinderella.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    3 months into the year and I haven't seen a thing. Fast 7 comes out in April, I'll see that though. Maybe before then I'll see that new Liam Neeson movie Run All Night if I can find someone interested in going with me to see it.
    Yeah I've only seen one so far. Being Australian its pretty $$ to see films in the cinema, I'll fill most of my list when everything starts to become available to rent.

Added Insurgent.

Added Skammerens Datter (The Shamer's Daughter).

Deleted
    Focus I loved it

Furious 7 takes the number one(and so far, the only) spot on my list. With summer movie season approaching perhaps I'll be able to start adding to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    insurgent was great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    1. The Martian - 9.5 out of 10
    2. Ex Machina - 9 out of 10
    3. Spy - 9 out of 10
    4. Jurassic World - 9 out of 10
    5. Mad Max: Fury Road - 8.5 out of 10
    6. Avengers: Age of Ultron - 8.5 out of 10
    7. Infinitely Polar Bear - 8 out of 10
    8. Kingsman: The Secret Service - 8 out of 10
    9. Fast and Furious 7 - 7 out of 10
    10. Pitch Perfect 2 - 6 out of 10

Movies that could make it to the list: American Sniper, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars Episode VII, Jurrasic World, Ted 2, Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation, Fantastic Four, Spectre, Mad Max: Fury Road, Tomorrowland, Terminator: Genisys, Ant-Man, Self/Less, Southpaw, Mr. Frankenstein

Honourable mentions (movies that I liked but are not top 10 material): Insurgent, Focus, Run All Night,
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2015-10-02 at 11:30 PM.

Added It Follows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingsman still has my top spot. Even after watching The Avengers: Age of Ultron today.

Deleted
    Have added "What we do in the Shadows". The movie had 2014 premiere but is regarded as a 2015 movie on rt because of its later international premiere.

Jupiter Ascending wont make it to the list even though it has some of the most spectacular space fight scenes long seen. Same can not be said about the silly characters, whether its heroes or villains. Eddie redmayne who just won a oscar for portraying Stephen Hawking seems to have been told to just do a silly voice and its all good.
    Sean Bean is only credible character in this movie. It is frustrating to se that huge money is invested in some of the worst sci fi scripts ever written - especially when the genre have so many awesome stories to tell.

I still have very high hopes for Brad Birds Tommorow Lands though:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Have added "What we do in the Shadows". The movie had 2014 premiere but is regarded as a 2015 movie on rt because of its later international premiere.
    Oh come on Verdamte! Its a 2014 film!

I was not going to bother with Jupiter Ascending, but are the fight scenes really that good?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Theory of Everything. Best movie I've seen in many years not just this one. 10/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post

I was not going to bother with Jupiter Ascending, but are the fight scenes really that good?
    It says release date 13 February 2015 in the states - but 2014 in Australia/New Zealand. Probably on the fence due to 2014 Sundance premiere, but im hoping it might be allowed here - my favorit movie of 2015 so far.

There is some really spectacular fightscenes in Jupiter imo - i actual have to admit that i was pretty decent entertained. Plot, characters and acting is on the silly side. it's a bit like a Guardian of the Galaxy which wants to be taken seriously(and obviously fails miserably).

It was at a ton of film festivals, but I think it's still eligible for Oscars 2016, which was my definition of a 2015 movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    The Theory of Everything. Best movie I've seen in many years not just this one. 10/10
    This one is definitely a 2014 movie though, since the movie was nominated at the Academy Awards and even won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It was at a ton of film festivals, but I think it's still eligible for Oscars 2016, which was my definition of a 2015 movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    It says release date 13 February 2015 in the states - but 2014 in Australia/New Zealand. Probably on the fence due to 2014 Sundance premiere, but im hoping it might be allowed here - my favorit movie of 2015 so far.
    Fair enough then! Just seems odd considering I rented it in late December!

There is some really spectacular fightscenes in Jupiter imo - i actual have to admit that i was pretty decent entertained. Plot, characters and acting is on the silly side. it's a bit like a Guardian of the Galaxy which wants to be taken seriously(and obviously fails miserably).
    I'll check it out then. Might wait till its available for rent and watch with a few beers in me.

Fair enough then! Just seems odd considering I rented it in late December!
    A movie that came out in Australia before USA, you can now die peacefully and happy.