Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    23 reviews are currently on Rotten Tomatoes, and they're all positive. Considering that critics are not usually fans of things that are simply CGI fests, I'm even more excited now.
    I don't care if the critics like it, God himself could come down from heaven accompanied by Allah, Zeus, and Thor, and say it's a great movie, but it doesn't change that the CGI in the ads looks fucking terrible, like something you'd see in a low budget direct to DVD film. As I said, maybe the ads are using unfinished footage or something and the movie itself will have better CGI, but the CGI in the trailer is truly, stunningly awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I don't care if the critics like it, God himself could come down from heaven accompanied by Allah, Zeus, and Thor, and say it's a great movie, but it doesn't change that the CGI in the ads looks fucking terrible, like something you'd see in a low budget direct to DVD film. As I said, maybe the ads are using unfinished footage or something and the movie itself will have better CGI, but the CGI in the trailer is truly, stunningly awful.
    The majority of the movie is practical effects.

Deleted
    George Miller decided to use as little CGI as possible and return to the methods of his original Mad Max. Virtually no green screen was used, no use of 3d cars or Populate. Much of the film was shot with 100 km/h with cars literally flying over the actors' heads.
    Of course, the fiery tornado and blistering sandstorm is cgi, but the core of the movie is filmed with real cars, wires and explosions and a shitload of stunts.
    If the trailer looks artificial, it might be because many scenes are filmed with drones which sort of mimic a digital sets freeform camera.
    Last edited by mmoc20f115c1ec; 2015-05-12 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    George Miller decided to use as little CGI and return to the methods of his original Mad Max. Virtually no green screen was used, no use of 3d cars or Populate. Much of the film was shot with 100 km/h with cars literally flying over the actors' heads.
    Of course, the fiery tornado and blistering sandstorm is cgi, but the core of the movie is filmed with real cars, wires and explosions and a shitload of stunts.
    If the trailer looks artificial, it might be because many scenes are filmed with drones which sort of mimic a digital sets freeform camera.
    Skynet confirmed for taking over Hollywood and our movie culture.

Deleted
    cant wait for Mad Max

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've added Mad Max: Fury Road... Its take my top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    The trailers they keep airing here keep showing these hugely terrible looking CGI explosions. If the core of the movie is filmed with real ones, maybe the trailer is indeed using unfinished footage. Hopefully that's the case, cause CGI that terrible would have been out of place in 1998, much less now.

Added Mad Max: Fury Road.

New top movie! Mad Max: Fury Road has usurped Kingsman: The Secret Service, which has been the top movie of the year for 101 days (since 3th February).

Mad Max comes in at number 3, still behind Avengers 2 and and Furious 7.

Deleted
    Updated my list. Mad Max comes in at number two, behind Ex Machina, but ahead of Avengers 2 (which hurts a bit as a Marvel fanboy ^^). Just a few issues with character development (regarding Max), but otherwise a very good action movie.

Added Ex Machina.

After I see Tomorrowland next week all spots will be filled, then it will be time to boot stuff out in the future \o/

1. Mad Max - 9/10
    2. Starwars the force awakens - 9/10
    3. The martian - 8/10
    4. Ex machina - 9/10
    5. Kingsman - 8/10
    6. Hungergames: Mockingjay part 2 - 8/10
    7. Spectre - 8/10
    8. Age of ultron - 8/10
    9. The big short - 8/10
    10. The man from U.N.C.L.E - 8/10

My updated top 10! Below are some other movies i liked but didnt make top 10 for 2015.

Sicario - 8/10
    tomorrowland - 7/10
    Johan falk: Blodsdiamanter - 8/10
    Spy - 8/10
    Inside out 7/10
    The revenant 8/10
    The hateful eight 7/10
    Antman - 7/10
    Jurassic World - 7/10
    Legend - 7/10
    Mission impossible: Rogue nation - 8/10

movies i didnt like at all:
    Mazerunner 2, In the Heart of the Sea, Hitman: Agent 47, San andreas, TED 2
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2016-02-06 at 05:13 PM.

Added Mad Max.

Practical effects FTW!

Deleted
    Surprised Insurgent isn't higher up on that list, loved that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Petru View Post
    Start your own list and put it higher then! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Petru View Post
    This is everyone's personal list. Some people here(such as me) haven't seen Insurgent(it looks like shit and it's a sequel to another shit movie, so not something I'm gonna rush to the theater for), so it's not on their list.

If you want to put it on your list though, go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max

There's my top ten
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

This is everyone's personal list. Some people here(such as me) haven't seen Insurgent(it looks like shit and it's a sequel to another shit movie, so not something I'm gonna rush to the theater for), so it's not on their list.

If you want to put it on your list though, go for it.
    BTW, you should totally get an official list-comment I can link to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Mad Max

There's my top ten
    So this be your official list spot si?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    So this be your official list spot si?
    Might very well be, considering it's amazing quality.

Just watched mad max, good move confirmed!