Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do you play WoW?

Hey guys,

Lately, there have been many complaining threads, as usual after release of new expansion, about WoD, and in general how people are bored with the game and have nothing to do there.

I have a different question, and slightly different than in other threads such as "what do you like about WoD". What makes you keep playing the game? Is it friends? Lore? Raiding? You name it!

Please, refrain from complaints in this threads, if you don't like the game don't post, there are plenty of other threads where you can contribute

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because I enjoy Video-games.

Because my best friend plays it, and it's fun to talk to her while playing a game.

I also like the idea of having a character and increasing it's power. I like RPGs. I like grinding. I like getting items and stuff, too! It's addictive!

For the record of my experience:
    I'm not all into raiding or anything, though. I pretty much didn't raid at all until WOTLK, in which I pugged ICC, and then I enjoyed LFR until the group finder let me do flex/normal SOO. I also don't particularly care for PVP. I got into it somewhat in WOTLK, but just stopped caring, and never cared again.

Deleted
    Because i enjoy the game itself, having a really fun time with friends learning to know new people and ofcourse raiding.

the challenge,the sense of progression you get by increasing the power of your character and of couse raiding and having a good time with friends

Deleted
    hardcore raiding brufs

Deleted
    I got into WoW after playing W3+expansion back in the day. Also had a beta invite and loved it right away.

After that... I kinda got stuck in there
    I don't play it often anymore though.

Raiding.

I play mmorpg's to raid, and blizzard simply has the highest quality raid content + the community to back it that no other game on the market has despite some of them being quite fun.

Because it's still one of the better MMO's going (which screams volumes about how bad this genre actually is right now.)

Why? For fun and relaxation, and because it's the ultimate game for casual players like myself. Log in, noodle around for a half hour, log out. Good times.

Deleted
    Because I still have 19 days of gametime left and a tiny part of me still has hope that WoD will become fun/non-boring at some point.

Deleted
    Because it is currently the best MMORPG available in the West.

Mostly for my guild. Not that it would happen since we play a lot of games outside of WoW but if i ever stopped playing with them I'd probably quit playing WoW. Still a great game but it just has aged and doesn't have the appeal for me that it use to by itself

Because it's still better than the real world.

Deleted
    lore and raiding with friends

i like to be top dps

For the raiding, I used to play football until I was 24 years old, had to quit because of injures. Really missed football and team sports, then colleagues at work got me to try WoW and got me to raid with them. I found out that raiding actually was a lot like team sports, so it has replaced football for me a few nights a week. Still having a lot of fun many years later and I still reminds me a lot of being a part of a football team.
    Last edited by Ater; 2015-01-03 at 08:18 PM.

Raiding with friends and flying around taking in the world and killing rares along the way on my rare mounts that i have collected. But blizzard screwed me over on the last reason thanks guys if you are reading.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i came to hunt lore...orcs are my best race and after seeng all these heroes again...but...they are all now piece of crap. ner'zul, the pre lich king who united orc clans then smashed draenor..powerful mage..dies in a 5 man dungeon.
    Orgrim doomhammer. second warchief of the horde who almost conquered kingdoms and destroyed shadow council. killed blackhand by stabing him. gave warchief title to thrall...wise and honored orc...in wod DIES BY A SINGLE BLOW FROM BLACKHAND?????? everyone now know him as a pussycat. crapy unfamous orc...and people (mostly kids who complained about him being a major target in gorgrond and his "own land) will never read book with him where he appears.
    gul'dan. unfamous whore who sold him self...small and does not care for his race. just a piece of crap who will NOW be a major target for khadgar and is hides like a rogue.
    gromash hellscream. whoever readed books with his appearence and played wc3 will understand this also like orgrim doomhammer...strongest orc with giant heart almost gave the major boss event to gul'dan. his iron horde almost passed out not even started...united orcs with super technologies didnt even managed to go through blasted lands...
    almost same with arthas. badass guy who becomes lich king and had 10 times more strength then he was in wc...loses every fight in northrend...this is redicilous. was hyped for a year since blizcon 2013 and now dont care about the game.

Visual stimulation that gives me an actual natural high of endorphins I can get lost in.
    Flow state.
    A sense of visiting places that could only exist in my imagination until I was in my early 20s.
    An atmosphere and tone that resonates at my core of aesthetic passions for a strange jumbled mix of interests and appetites for the genre, the craftsmanship, the sheer experience of travel and a place I want to spend time in.

And plenty of fun and addictive gaming models that give me an excuse to keep coming back and appreciate all of this.
    Lore and characters designed in homage to all of the most resonating influences I grew up in love with,.... (flutters eyelashes)
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW