Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    People who don't see the river beasts as lazy dire horns are crazy. Do you not own one in mount form yet? They gave hippopotamuses tails to justify using the dire horn skeleton, and put rocks where the neck frill is. Press space bar with one as a mount, does the same tail slam that direhorns and the SUPER LAZY boars do.

To OP. Having been keen about this during beta and made a few threads about it previously, the answer is only one - the thunder hydra. Everything else is using a pre-existing skeleton. Of the ones using pre-existing skeletons, arakkoa and ravagers are the only ones heavily modified.
    I'm fairly certain they gave the hippopotamus a tail because it actually has one.

Nah, Magnaron use the Gronn skeleton, as for Tectus (Draenor Earth Elemental), it uses the yeti skeleton, which I think is in turn a modified classic gorilla skeleton.

Aside from player models (which are in of themselves a huge amount of work and shouldn't be waved aside as easily), uncorrupted Arakkoa are definitely a new one, as well as the new hydras. I'd even count rylaks as being a WoD model, and they use a new skeleton.

I'll be interested in seeing how many new skeletons/models they'll be able to make for the next expansion, for two reasons. One, I believe they've finished their big team size increase and have gotten people up to speed, and two, because they'll have finished the player character models (unless they do goblin and worgen, but that's only four).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boomking View Post
    uncorrupted Arakkoa are definitely a new one
    arent they the mantid/klaxxi rigging?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I'm fairly certain they gave the hippopotamus a tail because it actually has one.
    Made me chuckle. Thank you lol.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Why does it matter if there are new skeletons? Be happy with new skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    Why does it matter if there are new skeletons? Be happy with new skins.
    Because there's nothing wrong with wanting less corner-cutting. Even if it's only a few examples.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Haha, cheeky. Hippos have ungulate tails. River beasts have clubbed ankylosaurus tails.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    arent they the mantid/klaxxi rigging?
    Definitely not. If it is, it's HEAVILY modified.

Deleted
    the corrupted Arrakoa still use the old skeleton right?

I don't mean to scare anybody, but inside all of us is a spooky scary skeleton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boomking View Post
    Definitely not. If it is, it's HEAVILY modified.

im fairly sure theyre the same, pose (especially shoulder placement and foot placement), as well as arm length

Deleted
    Is this going to just be a thread of 'We want everything to be brand new and never before seen'. You got brand new character models with new animations and skeletons.

Deleted
    maybe Stonegrinder, Peacock, Molten Corgi and Elekk Plushie?

so modified skeletons are now all the same? different animations do not count? Moving like something existing is not possible and only corner cutting?

Of course they start with something similar and go from there. Lazy would be exactly the same animation, which they have done more often than we like but that does not make every single likeness the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Is this going to just be a thread of 'We want everything to be brand new and never before seen'. You got brand new character models with new animations and skeletons.
    hopefully not, i just find it interesting to see whats new and what isnt. i dont have a problem with re-using rigging, it saves time that can be spent elsewhere. but from a design perspective, its just intriguing to look into

10+ Year Old Account
    There were those new character models.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post

im fairly sure theyre the same, pose (especially shoulder placement and foot placement), as well as arm length
    It's similar in the idle pose, as well as body shape. But look at the way they walk, run, fly, fight, what have you. It's entirely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Hydras use the same skeleton as chrimaeron or however you spell the mutant hydra's name from BWD
    No, Chimaeron uses the Classic hydra skeleton. You can even see that it fights with its "arm" that's where one head should be. The thunder hydras don't even have the same body type as the old hydras, nor do they have any similar animations, so it's either a new skeleton or heavily modified from something else.

Gul'dan and Molten Corgi does have a new skeleton.

Player character skeletons = New (18 currently, 20 with blood elves)
    Hydras = New
    Rylaks = New
    Goren = New I think, the rolling animations certainly are. Other ones seem familiar.
    Mandragora = Old hydras
    Botani = Zandalari trolls (Which I think are modified night elf males to begin with)
    Infested = Plague eruptors
    Sproutlings = Pygmies
    Ogron = Northrend giants
    Magnaron = Gronn
    Gronnlings = Northrend/Pandaria yeti
    Arakkoa = Modified Mantid skeleton
    Boars and Riverbeasts = Direhorn
    Draenor Earth Elementals = Northrend/Pandaria yeti
    Other draenor elementals = Pandaren elemental spirits
    Dread Ravens = Skyscreamers
    Genesaur = Magnataur
    Saberon = Male worgen
    Ravagers = Silithid
    Pale orcs = Geists
    Hulk pale orcs = Berserker trolls

I think that's most of them, what it really boils down to is how great 5.2 was and that Blizzard couldn't help themselves from reusing so many of its assets.

Also, where the hell are my fungal whales?
    Last edited by Weriik; 2015-01-03 at 06:53 PM.