Mythic trash drops

Have drop rates on BoEs from Mythic trash been nerfed?
    Is it lower than on Normal/HC?

Is drop rate from trash lower after trash have been reset?
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-01-03 at 06:00 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what kind of answer you're expecting here. There are bound to be some people that got zero drops compared to previous week, thus clearly "proving" that it was nerfed. Except there are other guilds who got exactly the same amount and some who got more. Random loot is random.

Even assuming there was some kind of recent hotfix, you'd need a large amount of data - or official blue post/hotfix notes - to know for sure.

Let's go about it like this. Assume trash drops follow a Bernoulli distribution with n=100 and p. Assume that the distribution of p is beta(1,1). After having seen one trash drop from 100 kills, we can form a confidence interval for p to judge where an appropriate value for it would lie. Applying Bayesian updating to the prior, we get a refined distribution for p of beta(2,100). As a result, a 90% confidence interval for the new value of p would be [0.35%, 4.61%]. This shows that one drop proves almost nothing about where the true drop chance actually lies.

Even after killing 5000 trash mobs and getting 50 drops, the 90% confidence interval would only be [0.80%,1.26%], which is much more narrow, but shows that in order to get a more refined number, many more trials must be conducted.

I don't know but I farmed Sunwell trash back in BC (for epic gems, LOL) and said "never again", good luck to you though.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!