10+ Year Old Account

Holy Pally Healing Question

My Holy pally is more geared than my resto druid and disc, but is by far harder to heal with. On my druid I can pop 2 rejuves and genesis and get big heals but on my pally i have to spam several flash of lights with holy shocks weaved in. Im using the correct talents and glyphs but struggle so much harder. Im not a high rated player by anymeans ive broken 1750 before . This season my other 2 are around 1600 but my pally is stuck around 1ks (granted i havent givin too many attempts) but the ones i have were a nightmare for me and just focused on the others. What could I be doing wrong?
    Semper Fi

Unfortunately pallys are very different than they have been in the past in terms of how we heal. We are very CD oriented; just spamming flash of light heals for pathetic amounts right now which is annoyingly different from our old mainstay as single target powerhealers.

You say correct glyphs and talents but linking what you run could help.

Balancing your cds and relying on saved by the light are big parts of keeping people alive right now for me. 30 second wings on 90 sec cd, BoP, Sac, Saved by the light, holy prism, and bubble. You pretty much need 1 of these at all times or you're going to be fighting a losing battle and someone will probably die. Important to have up when you need to throw big heals is the denounce 2 set bonus; knowing which specs give you the most crit is important, ferals give me at least 35% crit which sits me over 55% for 8 seconds allowing me to heal fairly big without cds or giving a big holy prism crit chance.

Make use of your cc; I run repentance because I don't have a sheep/trap DR on the team and it allows us to setup big cc chains on the healer or for me to cc the off-dps alot on my own. If not, fist of justice'ing a non-dr'd dps constantly relieves alot of pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Unfortunately pallys are very different than they have been in the past in terms of how we heal. We are very CD oriented; just spamming flash of light heals for pathetic amounts right now which is annoyingly different from our old mainstay as single target powerhealers.

You say correct glyphs and talents but linking what you run could help.

Balancing your cds and relying on saved by the light are big parts of keeping people alive right now for me. 30 second wings on 90 sec cd, BoP, Sac, Saved by the light, holy prism, and bubble. You pretty much need 1 of these at all times or you're going to be fighting a losing battle and someone will probably die. Important to have up when you need to throw big heals is the denounce 2 set bonus; knowing which specs give you the most crit is important, ferals give me at least 35% crit which sits me over 55% for 8 seconds allowing me to heal fairly big without cds or giving a big holy prism crit chance.

Make use of your cc; I run repentance because I don't have a sheep/trap DR on the team and it allows us to setup big cc chains on the healer or for me to cc the off-dps alot on my own. If not, fist of justice'ing a non-dr'd dps constantly relieves alot of pressure.
    Thankd for the reply im just gunna keep at it.
    this is my current setup http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pyhealz/simple it says beacon of faith cus im assuming the last time it updated was a lock or boomy enemy comp.
    Last edited by Cuzzin; 2015-01-04 at 05:08 AM.
    Semper Fi

Yea except interchangeable FoJ and Rept that's my exact setup if you say beacon of faith is supposed to be saved by the light.

Could be an armory mistake but I don't see any enchants on your stuff, thats 200+ versatility you're missing out on as well as a weapon enchant. Also, far too many spirit pieces; I have yet to run oom in any 3s without a single spirit piece on. Anyway, just keep at it I suppose, be vocal with your teammates about when they should use their personal cds; I tell my teammates to essentially never use any big cds if saved by the light hasn't gone off since its such a short cd.
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Also does anyone change out sacred shield or eternal flame for one another and when and why?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    Also does anyone change out sacred shield or eternal flame for one another and when and why?
    Eternal flame is a next to worthless talent that I never use in PVP. The heal is pathetic; its roughly like 700-800 on other people. Its attached to word of glory which is a really average heal that gets overlooked. It's also purgeable really easily while SS is not purgeable (except for the actual shield which usually is absorbed right away). We don't use word of glory much anymore since its no longer instant, no longer heals for anything special, and we generate much less holy power, so eternal flame isn't viable at all imo.