Poll: Poll

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny, in BC I was all nostalgic for the big dungeons like BRD and Sunken Temple... and then while leveling a toon, I got into a group for BRD (this is before it was redesigned into chunks for DF) and yeah... an hour and a half later, I was practically screaming for Ramparts on the inside. Ugh.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    Ulduar had 14 bosses...
    Oh, still 20 sounds awsome!

Depends on how it was done. If it was epic and integral to the storyline and had a good narrative to go along with the huge place, then yes. If it's just 20 bosses stuffed into a random mish mash of rooms in a place with a similar theme with nothing tying them together except the name on the dungeon then no.

Well done 3-5 boss dungeons are fine, the dungeons we got for WoD are some of my favorites.

Deleted
    It's the sort of thing I can imagine enjoying doing with guildies, but I don't think it would appeal to enough of the playerbase to be a good use of resources, so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    The style imo if you wanted that gameplay you would have to ramp up the dungeon speed in general. That is getting more into a Diablo style game play of slaughtering monsters fast and moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would love to see big dungeons again. I miss the days of Sunken Temple where it had those mini bosses you had to kill before being able to proceed to the next objective. That pit is closed up and it makes me sad we can't revisit it again. Even if it's just one large dungeon per expansion, I would welcome it.

Hell no. I think dungeons right now have 1-2 too many bosses already.

so you mean like molten core that everyone avoids like the plague? No, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the dungenons were non-linear, sure that would be fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Hell no. I think dungeons right now have 1-2 too many bosses already.
    You take 1-2 bosses away from most dungeons, you're left with 1-2.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I wouldn't mind seeing smaller dungeons that can be chained together to tell some story if a group chooses to run it that way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    Ulduar had 14 bosses...
    Technically 17, at least the raid lockout counts it as 17.

...Each of those stupid trees before Freya counts as a lock out boss. I have no idea why, probably so you can't reset for the achievement if you screw up and kill one I guess.

Anyway, I'd have to say no, 20 is way too much, even 10 would be getting up there.

Sounds way too long honestly. Like others said, the Zangarmarsh approach would be better with a few separate dungeons with similar themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Something Like orginal BRD, or Dire Maul ?
    Yes absolutly. The current Fad of dungeons of have a small amount of boss's which can be zerged through in a short period of time, really takes away the epicness that blizzard are capable of creating for dungeons.
    I think it'd be interesting to have a different tier of dungeons. We could have the standard leveling dungeons with their heroic counterparts, and we could also have a tier of large BRD-style dungeons slightly above those. They could even be heroic only. Let's say the regular heroic dungeons drop ilvl 100 loot, and the larger ones would drop ilvl 105-110. I hesitate to make them drop loot that is more than 10 ilvls above the regular heroics so people don't feel absolutely obligated to run it. Normal raids could be tuned for ilvl 100, too, so people don't feel the need to go do them. It would be fun to have 2-3 large dungeons with optional bosses and more diverse loot to offer people, though. I could see players doing them for a slight boost, or to fill in some gear gaps they might be having. I'd be all for that. Throw in a tough optional boss that drops a good trinket or something and I can already see groups forming in trade chat for it. I'd also prefer if they didn't let you queue for specific parts. Let's say something like 15 bosses where only 5 bosses are required. You can finish the "actual" dungeon in about the same time as a regular one, but the slightly harder optional bosses would have loot to pull in groups to kill them. I also love putting in alternate goals within a dungeon, kind of like Dire Maul. You could choose to leave guards alive to get bonus loot from the last boss. That sort of thing makes dungeons feel more interactive and fun, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Gracos; 2015-01-04 at 02:55 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather Multiple dungeons with the same theme with 3-5 bosses than 1 large with 20. LFG would be hell with 20 boss dungeons.

Stuff like Coilfang/Hellfire Citadel/Tempestkeep/Auchindoun(TBC)/ICC 5mans are awesome.

I wouldn't mind something like BRD as a thing you run maybe once a week, separate from the main dungeon queue. Or maybe it rewards only cosmetic items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No... just no..

I think dungeons should be 3/4-10 bosses 10 MAX(like an end game final patch instance leading up to some final raid type of situation). While I always ask for my pugs on my alts to do a full clear of UBRS,LBRS, and BRD. I don't like big dungeons. They are cool every once in awhile, but if I HAD to grind through like 18 bosses to get an item off the last or 2nd to last boss im not going to do that. Wings is stupid because then its not truely 20 bosses. In fact the only reason i push for full clears of UBRS, LBRS, or BRD is because i hate going in there over and over so i try to lvl through the 54-58 as fast as I can (like 2 full clears with all the heirlooms).

I do however love the Dungeon content like ICC's dungeons. I wouldn't having 1-3 new dungeons with each major patch. Especially since WoD only has like 7/8 new instances?

I mean if we are talkign about big 20 boss instances just make a raid thats 20 bosses.... rather than 7 boss raids that can be cleared in a 3-4 hour time frame (sorry not super leet doing 1-2 hour raid clears XD )

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to do this for the sake of making them more challenging? Just make mythic 5 mans

WOULD LOVE ME SOME MYTHIC 5 MANS
    Last edited by Niff; 2015-01-04 at 02:57 AM. Reason: wrong dungeon

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind it as long as it was partitioned and each partition had around 4 - 5 bosses. However this can't come to pass as you're dealing with the LCD of players nowadays with aspirations of Instant Gratification+ADHD behavior.

Yes please! BUT.. remove LFD First. The reason ppl want fast dungeons is because they run it with randoms mostly and that just horrible. with the new connected realms LFD has no purpose anymore. So just remove it and im all positive towards longer dungeons. BRD was awesome and very non linear with hidden things everywhere! We need more dungeons with creativity and freedom like BRD had. the new UBRS/DM etc are jokes in comparison to the old ones, but its mostly due to how LFD "demands" faster instances.

loved BRD back in the day, would love to see another 5-man as vast as that one