Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trapping other people's beasts for lvl 3 barn.

A few threads out about it, but its mostly bickering. Anyone actually put in tickets against people doing this? I keep running past ally trapping beasts letting them do there thing, then one walks up and traps mine. Ya, i know you can double trap. But if I bring a mob down solo I want em both, call me greedy I guess. I'm about to say screw it and just ride around trapping ally beasts to save time since thats the way it goes. Again, dont care about anyone's opinions about it. Looking for GM/ticket confirmation if this is or isnt a ban-able offense, if it is ill ticket people and laugh as they get banned, if it isnt ill snag people's beasts and laugh.

Didn't even know this went on, all I'll say is, wankers

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine there will be a hot fix in future to introduce the tapping system to traps or more advance phasing with them

Seems to be an issue on higher pop servers, especially around the river beasts inn the south. I just find an apexis daily group on a low pop server and farm while there.

Deleted
    I don't see how that would be bannable in any way, the game allows it, there are no fancy loopholes that you need to go around to do it so calling it "exploiting a bug" is hardly a thing.

If you drop your trap on top of theirs then you will both get credit for the trap; even if you are not in the same party.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not worth reporting, no point. It is annoying though, I get mobs low while someone stands there watching doing nothing and then drops the trap and follows me around not helping at all. I wouldn't mind so much if they at least did something..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    If you drop your trap on top of theirs then you will both get credit for the trap; even if you are not in the same party.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Not sure why it's such a big deal when people do this. It's two credits for the price of one.

Its just annoying when you have a tard going lulululu taunt and dont even drop his trap.

It's more annoying to me seeing how so many people don't seem to realize you can trap the beast at 50%. So many players damaging them down to almost near death before they lay down their trap.

Banana apple coffee table pizza. Just getting more random responses out of the way. Love the "RAWR DOUBLE TRAP NOOB GOD I CANT BELIEVE YOU DONT KNOW" people who cant read but show up in every barn thread. Was the OP really too much to read? Still waiting on my ticket and any other confirmation about this stupid situation blizz created.

Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Not sure why it's such a big deal when people do this. It's two credits for the price of one.
    That's not a problem at all. The problem is with all the Brewmaster monks and Protection paladins taunting your beasts in the other direction so only they get trap credit. Or the hunters and boomkins who just straight up kill your beasts. The best part is when they then follow up by telling you to get cancer and die when you ask them to stop.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-01-04 at 05:35 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    No, that's wrong. The mob will get the "trapped" debuff for all traps, but only one player will get the trapped beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    No, that's wrong. The mob will get the "trapped" debuff for all traps, but only one player will get the trapped beast.
    ^ incorrect. Disregard.

Deleted
    Nop both will get the trapped beast + you can stack your own traps on top of each other to get 2 trapped beast/mob. Or 4 trapped beast/mob if you're farming with someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% incorrect.

I have ally and horde characters. Whenever I go hunting, I let my guild know, and 2-3 people come along. Everyone can get 2 traps per animal. We usually squeeze 8-12 traps per animal if everyone is on their game. The 'trapped debuff' is unrelated.

The only real 'etiquette' I feel is to let the person doing the hunting get the first trap, so they can line theirs up properly, as they have 'priority'. I Agree that its annoying to have someone taunt off you, or screw up the alignment.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You're wrong. I've been able to consistently get my own double-trap off while others also get 1-2 traps each from the same mob.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by KpandaK View Post
    Nop both will get the trapped beast + you can stack your own traps on top of each other to get 2 trapped beast/mob. Or 4 trapped beast/mob if you're farming with someone.
    I did that with someone once, 20 minutes of farming and we were both set for a week or so

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    100% incorrect.

I have ally and horde characters. Whenever I go hunting, I let my guild know, and 2-3 people come along. Everyone can get 2 traps per animal. We usually squeeze 8-12 traps per animal if everyone is on their game. The 'trapped debuff' is unrelated.

The only real 'etiquette' I feel is to let the person doing the hunting get the first trap, so they can line theirs up properly, as they have 'priority'. I Agree that its annoying to have someone taunt off you, or screw up the alignment.
    Pretty much this. If I see somebody fighting one, and have a stack of traps in front of them, I'll place mine on top of theirs, but slightly further away from their animal, so they're guaranteed to get their boxes unless they do something really weird.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I actually made a ticket, cause a guy on my realm did it to everyone without killing anything himself. I got this from a GM:
    Greetings! My name is Game Master Razerium. I received your Battle.net Support Ticket regarding reporting players.

A mob can be trapped multiple times by different people as long as the traps are approximately in the right location, for what it's worth Patmypet. It's therefore not something we consider to be violating our Terms of Use/game policies.

Unless there's more at work like specific griefing for special mobs or killing it before it can be trapped to negatively affect a specific player, it's unlikely we'd intervene.
    So, basically "working as intended".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    A few threads out about it, but its mostly bickering. Anyone actually put in tickets against people doing this? I keep running past ally trapping beasts letting them do there thing, then one walks up and traps mine. Ya, i know you can double trap. But if I bring a mob down solo I want em both, call me greedy I guess. I'm about to say screw it and just ride around trapping ally beasts to save time since thats the way it goes. Again, dont care about anyone's opinions about it. Looking for GM/ticket confirmation if this is or isnt a ban-able offense, if it is ill ticket people and laugh as they get banned, if it isnt ill snag people's beasts and laugh.
    You know you can double / triple trap beasts, yet you create a cry-thread over it

Save time how? At best save taking 3-4 beasts solo if you go out to farm 10+ anyway, not like it's a massive time saver, also afraid the only laughing will be the GM's on you.
    In order for something to be a bannable offense, it needs to constitute grieving in a way where it actually impacts your game play or enjoyment of the game, neither is happening. (OMG this guy just used a trap on a beast that you can put 3+ traps on anyway.. BAN EM!!!?!?¤!?)

It would make sense if it was classes that purposely stood around watching you take down a beast only to taunt it away from your trap (That would be grieving), but if someone lays a trap under the beast on top of your trap.., blow smoke out your ass, there's a cd on traps anyway, and you aren't going to be able to put 3 traps down yourself anyway!

Maybe I am the first to call you out in this thread, maybe I'm not.., but sweet jesus you degenerate child, what fucking difference does it make if someone places their trap on the same beast as you.
    If you hate other players in the same game you are, then cancel your sub and play offline.

Mod Edit: Infracted for insults.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2015-01-05 at 08:33 AM.