LnL procs during Barrage...

Either at beginning, middle, or end of barrage, is it worth cancelling for explosive shot? Also, is my /stopcasting macro's decreasing my dps? They are all /stopcasting /stopcasting. I'm 656 with a 630 engy gun, and I don't seem to hit even close to my sim. Then again, split second delays do add up I suppose, would those split seconds be the difference from a 24k sim to 21.9k actual performance?

what are you using a /stopcasting macro on? the only things that you should use /stopcasting on is deterrence/disengage/countershot imo. azor doesnt even have barrage in single target SV dps rotation, so unless you are using it on multi-target dont use it, and if you are using barrage on multi-target it has priority so you wouldnt want to cancel it even for lnl

I'm using it with steady focus, thats what icy-veins says right now, even for single target... i was under the impression it was updated by azor, is there a more current source, I always feel like I'm behind on these things :\. Also, the /stopcasting is bad then? I guess its an old habit, is it not necessary these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Phweak View Post
    I'm using it with steady focus, thats what icy-veins says right now, even for single target... i was under the impression it was updated by azor, is there a more current source, I always feel like I'm behind on these things :\. Also, the /stopcasting is bad then? I guess its an old habit, is it not necessary these days?
    it changes day to day, it's currently TotH

source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rafting-Thread
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

/stopcasting is a really bad idea to add it to your instant shots because:

1. it fucks with your autoshots, often cancelling the next autoshot, which is a very small dps loss but it adds up during a long fight and cause you to lose like 1k. I know, I was doing just that and when I removed /stopcasting from all my instants, my dps increased by 1k.

2. it often happens that your sig shot is like 1 sec away from coming off cd, so you start casting steady shot and when you see chimera/expl/kc is available you instantly press it and cancel that steady shot, and by cancelling it you just got 1-2 sec of 0 damage that steady shot could have helped if you didn't cancel it. It also adds up and makes you lose dps over a long fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Phweak View Post
    Wait, what are you stop casting?
    I don't see anything about stopcasting on the survival guides on icy-veins!

You shouldn't be using barrage single target. If you are hitting multiple targets, then you should certainly not stop casting it.

Well the nature of research on these things is pretty reliable in that it changes, I was just going off the information that was readily available (and easy to read). This is Icy-veins current info on the Tier 6 Talents as of 1/4/2015. At the time I was using Steady Focus w/ Focusing shot.

To answer the other question, I had stopcasting on all the instants with high priority ie Black Arrow and Explosive. During the launch it was recommended that hitting Chimeara off CD was a greater priority than finishing Steady Shot. So I kept with that mentality when I switched to survival as well. It is confirmed though that just using the default spell will net greater results even if it means missing a CD due to cobra shot/focusing shot?

Just an FYI though, I switched to ToTH, and Lone Wolf and seeing if that keeps my performance up for fights like Imperator, etc.

Azor has said in his mmo-c thread (linked by a previous poster above ) that he has submitted updated to icy-veins but it takes days for them to update. Check in that thread regularly for updates and general discussion.

Deleted
    don't use /stopcasting bro