Unholy crit>mastery

hey guys, I'm fairly new to simcraft but is anyone else seeing sim values like Mastery(2.04) and Crit(2.05) meaning crit>mastery?

If my sims aren't correct what values should I put into askmrrobot to determine gear upgrades?
    Last edited by Pkey; 2015-01-04 at 06:02 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds like your sim is fine, the difference between my mastery and crit is 0.10, so its just your gear. Assuming that your gear has given those scale factors back, your stats would read crit~=mastery meaning it doesn't really matter if you put crit>mastery or mastery>crit on ask mr robot.

Since even if you have run your sim at 100k iterations the error margin will be so low that i would imagine that 0.01 difference in stat values would be 99.9999999% impossible to notice with human gameplay error margins, unless you have OCD and it just fucks with your head having a 0.01 delta :P

In fact if you were to include human error margins, i would say mastery is potentially more forgiving since its less RNG that crit, so i would put in mastery>crit as that would feel more right to me if i had to choose.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2015-01-04 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    99.999% sure it has to do with the sim being done at low item level.

0.01 difference is within the margin of error I'm pretty sure.

Mastery will still be stronger in AoE situations, so you will be prioritizing it over crit even if they were actually equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescart View Post
    99.999% sure it has to do with the sim being done at low item level.

0.01 difference is within the margin of error I'm pretty sure.

Mastery will still be stronger in AoE situations, so you will be prioritizing it over crit even if they were actually equal.
    Very true but what i meant as on a single target the difference would be virtually impossible to notice.

To your other point on mastery, totally agree better reason than mine in terms of what he should pick.

To back that up i just simmed my char for 1 target then 5,

For 1 target i get mastery 1.70>crit 1.59 = 0.1

For 5 targets i get mastery 5.03> crit 3.53 = 1.5

So there's your concrete answer Pkey go mastery>crit all the way, i you want to see for yourself sim your char and change the number of targets in the globals tab of the options section to more than 1 and im sure your results will be similar

Cheers guys, some great info there =)

Deleted
    As far as I tested, crit worth more only on 1 target fights, on AOE situations mastery is better overall