Deleted

New to the game, please help me in arena!

Hello everyone!

I have just started to play the game when WOD launched and really fell in love with the PVP in the game! So when I hit 100 I decided to try out arenas to see how they were different to battle grounds.

So I found some team mates for 3's and was expecting to fully enjoy it, but, I was wrong! I'm not saying I didn't have fun but I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed with everything that was happening on my screen! I had no idea what was going on with 3 enemies to keep track of and my team mates! It got to the point where I just simply froze and stopped attacking as I had no idea what to do!

So what I am asking help for is how I possible keep track of all of these things at once it seems impossible:

3 enemy targets
    2 team mates
    A focus target
    Enemy buffs/debuffs
    My team mates buffs/debuffs
    Cooldowns
    Pets
    Spell casts
    Who to target
    When to target
    The list goes on etc.

How do I keep track of all of these things at once? I only have one pair of eyes, how can I possibly look at all of this and take in all of that information in seconds and react in seconds as well! My vision is literally just tunneled on my current target and that's all I can see. I can't take in anything else.

Please help a friendly noob in arena, all comments, tips and suggestions will be taken on board thank you so much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just practice and experience really my man.
    Depends If you want to spend any irl money but skill-capped do instructional videos for new players etc.
    http://www.skill-capped.com/wow/index.php no idea what it costs etc but its an option

how do you feel about using addons to ease into it more?

Well you are not supposed to keep track of all of that by yourself, thats why you have partners and need to communicate with them. Also don't expect to be good at this game if you are just starting out, just keep practising and you will get used to most of it. Macros and addons can help A LOT too

Deleted
    Hi thanks for replies.

I would be willing to pay for coaching via videos on skill capped or with someone over skype.

I am not sure what addons to use for arena, any tips would be helpful thanks!

Also what keybindings and macros do I use?

10+ Year Old Account
    What class are you playing matey?

Gladius is an arena frame addon that tracks drs/trinket cds etc gladius

Gladiatorlossa is a speaking addon that tells you what spells enemy players have cast/using gladiatorlossa

Keybinding is deffo worth the effort as it makes the game easier and lets you see more as you don't need to see what you are trying to click etc

Deleted
    Enhancement Shaman, but I am not sure if they are any good at the moment, maybe picked the wrong class...

Even if I have all of these addons, macros and keybinds I still don't see how people keep track of everything going on the screen with all the enemies and spells.

You should try learning in a less complex/fast-paced environment such as 2s, get a healer to ensure the game runs at a slower pace and just practice. Constantly doing Skirmishes helped me develop a natural understanding of the arena. I believe if you're new to the game you shouldn't go throwing yourself in the the deep end by queuing up 3s straight away; start off with something more simple and work your way up from there.

I feel the exact same way (yes I still do), as I am still learning but have noticed the best way to fix the confusion is to simply keep on playing until you are use to everything on the screen. Arena is difficult and in comparison to any other game I have played, it would definitely rank first in terms of difficulty. Just keep at it, because it's very rewarding when you begin to understand the mechanics.
    Last edited by Azeurus; 2015-01-04 at 03:37 PM.

Start by learning all the spells in the game, and how the animations of the spells look like When you got a basic understanding of the game, everything will come natrually by playing arena games, you will start to develop a feeling of when to tunnel dmg, and when to peel etc...

In PvE you mostly just care about your own class work, but in PvP its will get you far by knowing what the other classes have of spells, and what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    Start by learning all the spells in the game, and how the animations of the spells look like When you got a basic understanding of the game, everything will come natrually by playing arena games, you will start to develop a feeling of when to tunnel dmg, and when to peel etc...

In PvE you mostly just care about your own class work, but in PvP its will get you far by knowing what the other classes have of spells, and what they do.
    This is key, IMHO. My ability to effectively PvP seemed almost tied in with how well I knew the other classes, especially when I was starting out. Knowing what every class and spec brings to the table in arena may seem a little daunting, but it's invaluable information. Yes Gladiatorlossa works wonders for calling out what your enemies are doing. But if you don't know what Survival Instincts does, for example, the add-on isn't going to help you as much.

Quote Originally Posted by orcman819 View Post
    Enhancement Shaman, but I am not sure if they are any good at the moment, maybe picked the wrong class...

Even if I have all of these addons, macros and keybinds I still don't see how people keep track of everything going on the screen with all the enemies and spells.
    You picked one of (if not the most) complex classes to play. It's going to be tough but look into macros to combine spells together and keybind keys such as (r,f,c,mouse buttons, ect..). If I were you, I would focus on battlegrounds and really try to get used to your new keybinds. To help in arena you should be on skype with your team so you can communicate kill targets and CC targets. Remember, only the best players in the world can say that they can keep up on all those things at once. Nobody is perfect but over time you will get used to your abilities and how to react to enemy abilities like it's second nature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    You picked one of (if not the most) complex classes to play. It's going to be tough but look into macros to combine spells together and keybind keys such as (r,f,c,mouse buttons, ect..). If I were you, I would focus on battlegrounds and really try to get used to your new keybinds. To help in arena you should be on skype with your team so you can communicate kill targets and CC targets. Remember, only the best players in the world can say that they can keep up on all those things at once. Nobody is perfect but over time you will get used to your abilities and how to react to enemy abilities like it's second nature.
    Hi can you recommend a good starting class to play that is easier to understand and is better in arena, I am more than willing to change class as I agree that shaman is hard to play!

The GladiatorloSA addon helps you out with most of these things.

Deleted
    if your on EU add me knucks#2743, and i'd be happy to coach for free when i'm ingame and even over skype, i only do arenas and when i find myself capped on all my characters i have nothing else to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoThreeButtons View Post
    if your on EU add me knucks#2743, and i'd be happy to coach for free when i'm ingame and even over skype, i only do arenas and when i find myself capped on all my characters i have nothing else to do
    Hello added you my friend!

What class should I play that is easier for you to coach me on, as I am not even enjoying shaman anyway.

Dk is probably the easiest class to play.

fdk, ret, combat rogue, rdruid, dpriest, shuntards are the free elo classes right now, so if you don't want to suffer level one if already have one gear it up...
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Quote Originally Posted by orcman819 View Post
    Hi can you recommend a good starting class to play that is easier to understand and is better in arena, I am more than willing to change class as I agree that shaman is hard to play!
    If you are looking for a similar playstyle as enhancement shaman, I'd suggest a frost DK. Ret paladins are fairly easy to play too. As a general rule, casters are harder to play than melee but there are exceptions. You'll get the hand of your shaman if you do decide to keep playing it. Regardless of which class you pick, you will need a lot of practice to become comfortable with it. So I'd suggest if you are having fun with your shaman, stick to it but if you wanted to make a new class I'd go for DK or Paladin.

Deleted
    I am also having a blast with PvP arenas and I'm fairly new at them, so maybe we can play and lose 50 games together to learn!
    If you are up to it, just add me! I play horde rogue/alliance priest on EU: Drakken#2458