Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    The ICC is just a big circle jerk for tokenism and "feel good" justice.

As a citizen of a Nation I would like to think my government makes decisions and works on the international front to better MY lot in life, not toe the line and work to a concept of justice set by a court of foreigners. I want my country to work for ME, not for smarmy lawyers and politicians of another nation.

Now, I've got no problems with international policy and relations that benefit all parties involved; its just plain spiteful to want to raise my country up while actively pushing others down for no reason.

But I'm also not 14 anymore and I realize how things are in real life. Sometimes the pie is only so large and some are going to miss out; the pie in this example being resources, or political influence, or justice. I have no qualms with my superior political, cultural, economic and military corner of the world to do their best to make sure we are not the ones unfortunate enough to be on the list of the ones missing out.
    1. Indeed you like to think.
    2. Your goverment doesn't work for you.
    3. What do you have against a court of foreigners that brings war criminals to justice? Do you prefer some other "democratic" nation to bomb it the country to the dark ages, execute "terrorists", calling innocents caught in the crossfire colateral damage, drag some dictator out of his hiding hole, act like it has done a great job and then leave the country in a worse state then it was before?
    4. You are not 14 anymore, but you deem your country superior to others despite it is far from it? So you are 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    It is when you make the statements falsely. America is not the only country to ever use nukes. It is the only country to ever use nukes against another country. Several countries have used nukes in a testing capacity to improve their nuclear arsenals.
    What Kalis said, you're grasping for straws to hang onto the cliff you've already fallen of.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2015-01-06 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Israel and the U.S doesn't recognize the ICC and neither do they accept any others jurisdiction.

So pretty much a hopeless cause.

Anything U.N related is instantly veto'd and internationally Palestine and the people residing in said territorial area are nearly alone with support in the west.
    hard to support a terrorist group. poor people but honestly they need to be just wiped out. they lost the war, get over it. should never have let them live in the 60s, dont see the indians giving USA this problem

cruel but such is the world we live in. this is human history

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Palestinians be damned for using violence.

Palestinians be damned for appealing to peaceful international arbitration.

Either way Palestinians be damned.

When it comes to Israel some people somehow always seem to find a way to defend the indefensible. EU countries should just follow Israel's modus operandi unilaterally recognize Palestine and then start imposing economic sanctions on Israel and freeze Israeli assets abroad. Possibly even blockade Israeli ports and impose a no fly zone over Israel. Nothing more and nothing less then Israel is doing to Palestinians.
    probably shouldnt have started out with suicide bombers... young people these days forget all the bs pulled over there by this group... it truly is amazing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    hard to support a terrorist group. poor people but honestly they need to be just wiped out. they lost the war, get over it. should never have let them live in the 60s, dont see the indians giving USA this problem

Did you just support genocide of a few million people and directly after trivialised the genocide of the native Americans?

Do you even know what you just said? You homocidial maniac.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2015-01-06 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoamIRL View Post
    anti-semitics, or hipocrits that are also anti-semitics. i guess he meant that. yeah
    You're not really showing how your argument is right when you call everyone disagreeing with your government anti-semitics and everyone living in the West Bank and Gaza Strip terrorists. In fact, you're showing how you're a bully and would rather torture masses of people for the sake of a few bad apples and when someone says this to you, you act as being high and mighty. You know who else does this? Extremists and terrorists. Extremists and terrorists torture masses of people because they believe they are evil just because they disagree with them and every act against them only perpetrates their hatred against the entire group from which the few bad apples originated. Also, extremists and terrorists think they're right in what they do, just like you.

And before you go that Palestinians have their extremists and terrorists, yes, they do. But that doesn't allow your side to act like them against the bulk of the Palestinians for those few terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by NoamIRL View Post
    We get your money becouse it is your interest that a civilizised true democratic nation will be in this inferno of the middle east. we use this money to fight terror.
    the money that the PO gets from my taxes goes to the same terror that me and you pay against to fight
    not much logic here ey?
    Yes, and the US also gives money to Saudi Arabia. I'm sure they're a truly "civilized democratic nation that fights terror" too? No, they're just friends of the US, just like you. And you're getting money because you're supporting US interests in the Middle East. While Palestine is not. And US interests are not democracy and people living good, rather they are maintaining their influence over said country and getting good trade deals.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Payments to fight terror, maybe. But what Israel doesn't receive money for is terrorising Palestine themselves. Yes, we are aware they shoot rockets at Jerusalem, yes we are against such practises, we are also aware that there is systematic discrimination against non-Jews (and black Jews) in Israel by the government and the people. There is no excuse for having second class citizens based on beliefs and etnicity.
    Fully agree with this, well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    It's not antisemitic to think that the formation of a country through the displacement of others is a bad decision while simultaneously accepting the fact that said country does exist and has the right to exist. I think the point that Kalis is trying to get at is "they're allowed to exist, just not terrorize the people of Palestine", which is a fair point. Really though, no one is guilt-free in this conflict.
    This is also a great point. Yes, there are terrorists on both sides, but as long as only one side can pursue the terrorists on the other it's not really fair which is why I think this issue with the ICC and Palestine joining is a start in the parties becoming equal. It will persecute the terrorists on the Palestinian side finally in a legal court but also showcase those on the Israeli side. From my point of view this helps start an effort of making both countries more democratic.

Keep on ignoring the humanitarian crisis Israel causes in Palestina resulting in them not being able to create their own power. Israel does something like this everytime Palestina tries to improve its situation. Its the state equivalent of a bully stealing a kids lunchmoney because he told the teacher that he regulary gets beaten up by some bully and his bigger brother who's preventing anyone from helping the kid. (<= this is a simplified version of the facts btw, in case you haven't noticed)

Telling factual truths is not nashion bashing. Stating that Germany used to be ruled by Nazi's is not bashing Germany, stating that America is the only country to ever use nukes is not bashing America.
    i love people, America didnt win ww2, but they sure did use nukes all by themselves, lmao...

also why does palestine deserve to be a country in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

Yes, and the US also gives money to Saudi Arabia. I'm sure they're a truly "civilized democratic nation that fights terror" too? No, they're just friends of the US, just like you. And you're getting money because you're supporting US interests in the Middle East. While Palestine is not. And US interests are not democracy and people living good, rather they are maintaining their influence over said country and getting good trade deals.
    its like you finally finding out how the world works. and for that very reason is why i support US/israel.

Deleted
    i love people, America didnt win ww2, but they sure did use nukes all by themselves, lmao...

also why does palestine deserve to be a country in the first place?
    Can't make sense of this and won't even try

The same reason Isreal deserves to be a country.

and lmao just a few bad apples... that should be quote of the day - "suicide bombers, just a few rotten apples"

- - - Updated - - -

Can't make sense of this and won't even try

The same reason Isreal deserves to be a country.
    why? they earned nothing

israel deserves to be a country cause they have the power to do so, while the other group apparently does not,... did you think you lived in a civilized world? has America's army really made you feel so safe you think this couldnt happen to your people where you live? lmao this is golden, you think humans are better than this? this has been our history since we have been on earth...

Deleted
    All I read in this thread is one side saying that terrorists are bad + bombing innocent people isn't right and one side saying that Israel is a cute little angel.
    Hamas isn't the same as all Palestinians, when will people get this?

10+ Year Old Account
    why? they earned nothing

israel deserves to be a country cause they have the power to do so, while the other group apparently does not,... did you think you lived in a civilized world? has America's army really made you feel so safe you think this couldnt happen to your people where you live? lmao this is golden, you think humans are better than this? this has been our history since we have been on earth...
    The Jews earnt nothing.

Israel exists because we, the allies who won WWII, felt appalled at how they were treated by the Nazis and felt a bit guilty because we'd been treating them like shit for years, though not to the same degree.

They didn't have the power to become a country, they relied on our charity to do so, and that was after years of Jews using terrorism. And now that they are in a position to display charity themselves, they say "Fuck you, I'm alright Jack!", which is the reason why anybody that defends Israel's tactics has no right to claim the moral high ground as so many do.

I appreciate your candour, you realise they are being bastards, but there are so many on here who actually believe that Israel is somehow noble, when they aren't in the slightest. What Israel has done is use terrorism to achieve their ends, then condemn others for doing the same, all the while berating people who disagree with them for having forgotten how they suffered at the same time as showing on numerous occasions that the ones who have forgotten is actually them.

I understand the realities of the situation, what I can't stand is the fantasists who paint Israeli policy as being morally right, and I have the same feeling for those who think the Palestinians are as well.

Something that so many people on this thread can't grasp, presumably due to them being cretins (and in at least three cases the people are certainly imbeciles), is that when you see two people fighting, if you call one of them a twat, it doesn't mean that you don't think they are both twats.

10+ Year Old Account

And maybe if some other group succeded with their plans some 20 years earlier the palestinians wouldn't have such a problem today.............

See what I did there?

Deleted
    and lmao just a few bad apples... that should be quote of the day - "suicide bombers, just a few rotten apples"

why? they earned nothing

This isn't patriotism or nationalism anymore, this is nihilism.

Yes, I do and I see proof of it everywhere I go. But you are one of those people who's mind is warped in some sort of superiority complex, probably because of America's army.

What makes me feel safe is not living next to people who don't glorify war, conquest and genocide, like you.

15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't patriotism or nationalism anymore, this is nihilism.

Yes, I do and I see proof of it everywhere I go. But you are one of those people who's mind is warped in some sort of superiority complex, probably because of America's army.

What makes me feel safe is not living next to people who don't glorify war, conquest and genocide, like you.
    double negative
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Nice to see the usual suspects turn up with the usual bullshit.

Shit even Reuven Rivlin is condemning it. Binyamin Netanyahu is a huge cunt.

This is nothing short of theft + collective punishment, all because palastine want to join the ICC, which would also open Hamas up to prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Nice to see the usual suspects turn up with the usual bullshit.

Shit even Reuven Rivlin is condemning it. Binyamin Netanyahu is a huge cunt.

This is nothing short of theft + collective punishment, all because palastine want to join the ICC, which would also open Hamas up to prosecution.
    While the method is questionable, people seem to ignore the fact that unilateral action is a violation of Oslo accords signed between the Israelis and the Palestinians.