Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

MW - How am I supposed to deal with ALL that damage?

I dinged to 100 on my Mistwever last night (I thoroughly enjoyed leveling as MW) and jumped into the lv. 100 dungeons and quickly found out that I am woefully inadequate when it comes to healing AE damage. I took pool of mists and keep RM rolling on everyone, but Uplift seems to heal for so little and in the time it takes to heal the group, the tank almost always goes down because I'm not spamming SooM and SM on him. I've already read the sticky so I'm aware of what stats I need, but surely there must be something else I can do so I *can* get the gear I need instead of just settling for what ever iLv. 615 drops.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    My suggestion is to focus on using SooM, Enveloping Mists and Surging Mists while keeping ReM rolling for some cheap chi generation.
    What you should also keep in mind is that you should learn the encounters.
    Learn when you are forced to top people and when you can let ReM and your statue top them off.
    Use SooM plus Env to ensure that the tank or someone taking burst damage doesn't go down and if both the tank and a DPS is taking heavy damage, try to use Life Cocoon on the tank while topping the DPS with SM, then switch to the tank and use your Enveloping mists and SooM to top the tank quickly.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, that's all very helpful. I already use mouse over macros so I can target the boss and watch for the harder hitting abilities. I guess I should be more liberal with my use of Life Cocoon. I keep treating it like it's on a long CD, but really it's only a 1 min 1/2 CD.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

First lesson is that RM heals for almost nothing at your current item level--and is more chi generation (like expel harm)--and for raid healing and to enable uplift (in raids). It will be of almost no help with group damage (i.e. this is not druid rejuv--and coming from druid, it took me awhile to learn this). So keep it up, but in times of stress it should be near the bottom of your priority list. You will get chi with surging--and keep people alive.

If people are going down, get surging going on them ASAP. Once you have 3 chi, if your current target is in the safety zone, swap and drop your Enveloping on another target and then swap to the next target and start spamming surging again. If the tank is in trouble, bubble him. Remember to use Thunder Focus Tea a lot with SM--it has a pretty short cooldown. Lastly, in pugs, the tank and DPS have to do their part as well. If they do not interrupt/don't purge/stand in fire, people are going to go down--same with a tank not using cooldowns and defensive abilities.

Lastly, get multistrike up asap. Avoid mastery like the plague .
    Last edited by warlockiii; 2015-01-04 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Thanks, that's all very helpful. I already use mouse over macros so I can target the boss and watch for the harder hitting abilities. I guess I should be more liberal with my use of Life Cocoon. I keep treating it like it's on a long CD, but really it's only a 1 min 1/2 CD.
    You should think of Revival the same way, although it's a 3 minute cooldown, it's extreme beneficial to use on hard hitting trash packs and bosses with a lot of fast AoE. Saves you a lot of mana instead of trying frantically to keep up, just pop a revival and let that do the work for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be afraid to use Life Coccoon, or Revival for that matter. Renewing Mists is okay in 5-mans but make sure you're just using it for the Chi Generation and not relying on it to actually do healing. Don't forget that most of the time you should really only be healing the Tank, I usually don't struggle due to the minimal group damage going out while having Renewing Mists sitting on the group and throwing out an Uplift in between using SooM and I can't stress enough how much Chi Brew helps with getting Enveloping Mists on the Tank when they need it, it's definitely your most important ability in 5 mans.