Deleted

heal shaman needs help

hello guys currently im raiding NHC HM (at the moment)
    im always last in the healmeter and oom at about 60-65% BOSS HP

wtf am i doing wrong?

riptide on cooldown
    healing stream on cooldown
    healing wave is used when i see someone is getting damage
    healing rain on cooldown on tank or group
    healing surge when below 50 or something
    chain heal when 3 or more are taking damage

here is a log of my raid im currently doing
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/fTKPpv2JbFZ1aHrL
    battle. net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Lavaburstqt/advanced
    Last edited by mmocc0413d7d48; 2015-01-04 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bapbap View Post
    hello guys currently im raiding NHC HM (at the moment)
    im always last in the healmeter and oom at about 60-65% BOSS HP

wtf am i doing wrong?

riptide on cooldown
    healing stream on cooldown
    healing wave is used when i see someone is getting damage
    healing rain on cooldown on tank or group
    healing surge when below 50 or something
    chain heal when 3 or more are taking damage

here is a log of my raid im currently doing
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/fTKPpv2JbFZ1aHrL
    battle. net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Lavaburstqt/advanced
    Healing surge should only be used in critical situations. Chain heal is for when healing rain, spot healing isn't doing enough(sometimes healing tide is better to use on cd rahter than CH). Use elemental burst on cd.

With the nerfs we got, especially the removal of smart heals, shamans are now often low on the healing meter. This is especially the case when using many healers and everyone executes tactics properly, since our mastery doesn't get much use. That in itself isn't really a problem, our position on the meters doesn't mean we're weak, it's just the way our spec works, and we still have strong mastery boosted healing surges when someone fails some mechanic and gets low, it just doesn't show on the meter.

That said, there is an ilvl difference between you and some of the other healers, for example the druid outgears you by 14 ilvls, so part of the difference is just gear.

Another reason is that, as you say, you get oom mid fight. There are several things you can try:

1. Spec elemental blast and use it nearly on cooldown. The bonus 1000 spirit is huge, especially in low gear.

2. Mana potions. You're using the old mana potions which give back 5k mana. There are new mana potions which give back more:

- Draenic mana potion: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=156582/draenic-mana-potion. This one gives back about 35K mana.
    - Draenic channeled mana potion: http://www.wowhead.com/item=109221/d...ed-mana-potion. This gives back 51K mana, but you have to channel for 10 seconds without interruption to get the full mana. Often you can find a quiet time in the encounter in which there isn't much damage and use it, just tell your co-healers that they need to cover a bit more for you in those 10 seconds.

3. To save more mana, in encounters in which you are using stacked tactics, you can try conductivity. It's a big mana saving since it cuts down the number of healing rains you have to cast. Use mostly healing waves to extend healing rain.

4. Try cloudburst totem, together with totemic persistence, and cycle between healing stream totem and cloudburst. While high tide is often the stronger talent, with low gear and when overhealing I think you'll find cloudburst better since it'll cost you a lot to cast a chain heal, and most times by the time you cast people would already be full HP since other healers got there first. Try to have cloudburst down while you use ascendance since it gathers its heals as well.
    Last edited by Koor; 2015-01-05 at 06:28 AM.

Deleted
    thank you for your long answer, i will try your suggestions on our next raid, i hope i can improve a bit since we only raid heroic mode from now on

yes the mana potion was a big fail i noticed it midfight that i bought the wrong in the AH hahahaha

Use a target of target macro for Elemental blast. You can have a dps/tank targeted and hit the button. No target switching needed.
    Is this where the header goes?