Deleted

[Holy] The Butcher - Mythic discussion.

Heyo!

Has anyone here tried this boss out yet as a holy paladin? I'm looking for tips to this boss for when i start progressing it.

The fight will be around 4 minutes long, so i assume mana isn't going to be too much of an issue as long as you don't spam Flash of light.
    You'll keep both beacons on the tanks and try to avoid healing them as much as possible, putting all your focus on the stacking groups.
    Holy shock and holy prism on cooldown (Prism might be delayed 2 secs or more if everyone is currently topped but that shouldn't be too frequent.)
    Otherwise you'll be sitting there spamming holy light on the stacking groups, switching to flash of light if someone gets dangerously low.

For cooldown management i'm not sure if you should get 1.5m cd or 3m cd on avenging wrath, i've heard and read some people favour one, so it's not clear to me which one is best.

The 1.5 min cd version will be able to be used twice, should be usefull to use one rather early to make the group 'stable' and ease the other healers mana. The second time will probably be around the enrage phase, around the 3 minute marker somewhere, will be very useful there.

If you pick the 3min cd version then you'll probably only get one use from it, however it's gonna be strong as hell and last very long. Very useful in the enrage phase.

Aside from that let's see.. You'll be going Clemency i suppose. For Glyphs hm, not quite sure here.

Would be very nice to discuss this boss, to find out what's the best way to heal it. Looking at warcraft logs holy paladins seem to be sick in this fight, doing around 60k hps. Why i'm making this thread is cause, looking at the logs the "rotation" seems so simple, i fear there's something i'm missing. When we start progressing this boss i don't wanna play poorly, i want to be competetive and pull my weight (More than my own weight if possible!).

*Edit* Eternal flame seems to be the best spell here. I guess it should have a 100% uptime on both tanks, third on... yourself?
    Last edited by mmoc785098bf0a; 2015-01-04 at 10:30 PM.

You can use the 1.5 min cd version about 3 times in that fight, and the 3 min one 2 times. So don't use the glyph as using the 3 min one twice is more healing.

I disagree with keeping eternal flame on the tanks %100 of the time by the way. Casting eternal flame on off targets and not your tanks is still an hps increase. Also don't eternal flame yourself if you aren't taking damage.

Paladins might be the best healer for butcher tbh. The damage pattern pretty much suits us perfectly.

Deleted
    Ah, i just checked it. I thought the cd starts once the buff has ran out, but it starts once you pop it, so can be used 2 times indeed.

For casting eternal flame, i should always cast it at 3 stacks then? Never at 2?

What glyphs would be ideal for that fight? I'm thinking divinity for 10% mana, hand of sacrifice and for the last one i'm not sure.

The only situation when it would be optimal to cast Eternal flame without 3 HP is when somebody is missing a very little amount of HP + you have no Holy Shock + your target will get topped off before you can cast holy light + you don't need to Flash of Light the target as there is no emergency.All 4 of these conditions have to be met to cast Eternal flame without 3 HP ; So the only real reason to cast Eternal Flame without 3 HP is to snipe pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post

What glyphs would be ideal for that fight? I'm thinking divinity for 10% mana, hand of sacrifice and for the last one i'm not sure.
    I was running glyph of Fol instead of Merciful Wrath.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2015-01-05 at 06:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i'm not on butcher yet, but i'd go w/o glyph and solo heal first 45s~(With Avenging Wrath) while other healers should try their best dpsing. The second use should be after 30%.

Deleted
    As for the eternal flame, it's healing isn't 'that' great compared to like a .. rejuvenation or riptide if i'm not mistaken. It almost feels like it's mostly there cause it isn't "wasted" because we get an absorption shield should they be topped? Is this correct?

Anyways, so basically keep gathering 3x HP and cast eternal flame on the soakers, and pretty much ignore the tanks?

I don't know why i'm sceptical, but theese tactics feels to easy as a holy paladin, so easy that it doesn't really "feel" like you'd get 60k hps from doing it I'm not that experienced as a holy pally tho, might be why.

Thanks for all the help thus far guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the eternal flame, it's healing isn't 'that' great compared to like a .. rejuvenation or riptide if i'm not mistaken. It almost feels like it's mostly there cause it isn't "wasted" because we get an absorption shield should they be topped? Is this correct?

Anyways, so basically keep gathering 3x HP and cast eternal flame on the soakers, and pretty much ignore the tanks?

I don't know why i'm sceptical, but theese tactics feels to easy as a holy paladin, so easy that it doesn't really "feel" like you'd get 60k hps from doing it I'm not that experienced as a holy pally tho, might be why.

Thanks for all the help thus far guys!
    The HoT isn't what is important about EF. The trickle to the tanks is nice, yes, but the direct heal is what really matters. It's a big free heal (not as big as flash or HL but close). Tanks wont be focused on very much. You may need to hit them every so often but a majority of your healing will be on the soak groups and beacon transfers will do most of the heavy lifting.

The reason we are able to do so much HPS on this fight is because we are tuned to single target healing and small AOE. Butcher has controlled, steady, and a tad bit of AOE damage output. It is all predictable. You will know who is going to take damage and when it will happen. Therefore, you should be able to time your Holy Prism usage, manage your mana for the burn phase, time your CDs appropriately, and let your beacons keep tanks steady as you focus the soak groups. It is just a fight that Disc Priests and Holy Paladins specialize in.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Do you stand with melee or ranged for this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Armaph View Post
    Do you stand with melee or ranged for this fight?
    You can do either, basically any class can stand in melee and be ok.

Also, EF is just wog+tickle, so just cast it on whoever needs it most, be it tank or soaker.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Okey. I guess on such a short fight there is little point to use crusader strike.

Deleted
    I was under the impression that we should never use crusader strike.

Another question, holy radiance is expensive as hell. It probably wont be needed until enrage maybe. Is it worth using during sub 30%hp enrage together with Avenging wrath?

It doesn't hit that hard, but groups are stacked and it'll be doubled, might work out well? And we get the daybreak aswell for holy shocks.
    Maybe it depends on the amount of mana you have remaining at that point?

I was under the impression that we should never use crusader strike.

Another question, holy radiance is expensive as hell. It probably wont be needed until enrage maybe. Is it worth using during sub 30%hp enrage together with Avenging wrath?

It doesn't hit that hard, but groups are stacked and it'll be doubled, might work out well? And we get the daybreak aswell for holy shocks.
    Maybe it depends on the amount of mana you have remaining at that point?
    It is definitely worth it to used IoL procs on holy radiance. It is one of the most efficient mana dumps for pallies assuming no waste/overheal. Assuming you're running SW- during your wings IoL procs on every HS, so you can almost spam IoL-HR.
    You want to wings during the first ~15s of the fight, so it comes up with about ~45s left to berserk. You want to have about ~40-50% mana going into 2nd wings since you will spam IoL-HR with them up.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>