Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    Should have been a quick-n'-fun holiday run with no ultra-RNG drops, not the troll-paradise grindy mess it was.
    Agreed. If they do anything (revamping old stuff for "fun") like this in the future, I think I'll just skip out on it if I'm even subbed by then.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is incorrect. The 10th anniversary event already ended.

Well I missed my chance to get the mount and I'm kind of pissed

and now i see it has been extended. just need to get $15 now. i doubt i will get it in time.
    Last edited by Traveler Voltin; 2015-01-06 at 07:15 PM.

For a 10th Anniversary, this had to be the absolute LAZIEST event ever for a major milestone for WoW. The only unique thing was the corgi, the MC run was a total cluster fuck of a mind wreck running 4 hours, on first few days, downing bosses THAT GAVE NOTHING to eventually hit Ragnaros for a mediocre helm that'd be replaced quickly... and the low chances for the pet and enchant.

I couldn't fucking understand why in God's name Blizz couldn't have just sent people immediately to fight Ragnaros... or give ALL bosses the chance for the pet and enchant. Speaking of all bosses, why the fuck couldn't they give all bosses a scaled up version of all the gear?

Pretty much a spit in the face event by Blizz to loyal fans... "For our 10th anniversary, we're going to make you do MC 40 as a PUG where people don't know how to dispel and decurse... Enjoy the nostalgic LONG hours of doing MC again!!" FU Blizz -.-

I only did MC one time. Even if your group is perfect it is still 90 minutes for a 10% chance at a pet. My group was really good though, there were a ton of deaths, but no wipes and nothing that really slowed us down.

TM vs SS It captured what TM/SS was back in vanilla... nothing but a zerg with no purpose.

I almost think this entire event was Blizzard´s attempt to troll the people who talk about how great the game was back in vanilla, since in my opinion, both of these things were EXACTLY how they were back in vanilla. During MC, a ton of people would got AFK during trash. My guild actually did rotations where they allowed you to go AFK.. the goal was to make sure at least 30 people were always really there. If you weren´t on your ´break´ and you weren´t doing real dps, you didn´t get loot. TM/SS was always just a meaningless clusterfck. Just like this little BG, the only goal was to get as close as possible to the opposing town while killing people.. I guess this BG was different in that you didn´t have level 20-30 people getting one-shotted by the lvl 60s who were ´pvping´.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    For a 10th Anniversary, this had to be the absolute LAZIEST event ever for a major milestone for WoW. The only unique thing was the corgi, the MC run was a total cluster fuck of a mind wreck running 4 hours, on first few days, downing bosses THAT GAVE NOTHING to eventually hit Ragnaros for a mediocre helm that'd be replaced quickly... and the low chances for the pet and enchant.

I couldn't fucking understand why in God's name Blizz couldn't have just sent people immediately to fight Ragnaros... or give ALL bosses the chance for the pet and enchant. Speaking of all bosses, why the fuck couldn't they give all bosses a scaled up version of all the gear?

Pretty much a spit in the face event by Blizz to loyal fans... "For our 10th anniversary, we're going to make you do MC 40 as a PUG where people don't know how to dispel and decurse... Enjoy the nostalgic LONG hours of doing MC again!!" FU Blizz -.-
    Huh? What major milestone was done better in WoW? 5th with Onyxia? Actually, that would be the only time they've celebrated a major milestone with anything other than a companion pet. You can say you didn't like the way they celebrated it, but saying it's lazy is silly. So I'm not sure what your complaint is there. The idea behind it was that if you wanted the mount, then you gotta go through some shit. And so what? Nothing mandatory about it. I've gone through a hell of a lot more for a mount, as I'm sure most players have.

Oh, and according to the in-game calender (well, at least my in-game calender), they're restarting the anniversary event tomorrow running through next Tuesday. I don't know if that's an error, but I'm assuming it was extended to make up for the botched up ending time.

You have until Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 10 a.m. PST
    Um, no you don't, it already ended Mon at 1pm PST and they haven't fixed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Um, no you don't, it already ended Mon at 1pm PST and they haven't fixed it yet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699483688

Extended for another week.

Never doing MC in my life again. That was a nightmare

I still have to do it but i'm kind of scared after reading all this comments....I've played for 8 years and never did MC before...how can it be so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    I still have to do it but i'm kind of scared after reading all this comments....I've played for 8 years and never did MC before...how can it be so bad?
    People have even less of a clue than in regular LFR.

I really hope flames of rag become BOA, I only got them on one character