Deleted

Evolve the new best co op game?

What do you guys think about evolve?Will it be as good as it looks?

As someone who adored left 4 dead for a long time and loves this concept i hate to say it but i think its probably going to have a shorter lifespan as a heavily played game than L4D2 did.

Its a fine idea, but the execution looks really shallow and that doesnt mean its bad. It just looks like it will wear thin pretty damn fast.

-That and theres already at least one monster held behind a preorder bonus wall and talks of a season pass. Thats a warning sign in modern games if ever there was one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about coop games is that when there is a matchmaking system with randoms then too much reliance on them usually leads to a quick loss. And Evolve highly relies on the hunters working together. If 1 person is off their game the whole team is shit. I've played games where the trapper didn't know what he was doing and we never caught the monster until he was already stage 3 so he killed us all like it was nothing. And pretty much all of the classes have some critical ability that if used incorrectly will lead to a loss.

Maybe this game could work for e-sports, or playing with a group of 4 friends. But I won't be getting it. I don't have 4 friends with high end computers and I don't trust the randoms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    -That and theres already at least one monster held behind a preorder bonus wall and talks of a season pass. Thats a warning sign in modern games if ever there was one.
    From what I've heard the monster is a timed exclusive. Pre-orders get it right away for free, non pre-orders have to buy it a few months after release. I think that is a good enough reason right there to not buy the game, ever. I ain't supporting that shit.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.