Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Mindbender is strictly inferior to Solace for Disc.
    This is true, hence the "if you have it" qualifier.

I'm trying not to assume that not everyone has the same penchant for min/maxxing.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Mindbender is strictly inferior to Solace for Disc.
    It's not. "Strictly" is too strong a word.
    In some circumstances MB can provide close to the same mana (well, more mana return but when you account for HFs cast it'll be less than solace).

In exchange, it does considerably more damage.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get 12 hits out of a Mindbender on a training dummy. That's 9% mana. Assuming 95% uptime/efficiency, that translates to 13680 mana/min.
    Even with a 90% efficiency/uptime for Solace, it will give 17280 mana/min, plus 8640 in avoided mana costs per min., assuming you want to keep the same Evangelism stacks rolling.

In reference to my earlier post, I get 18 hits out of a Mindbender on a training dummy with both PI and Shards running, or 20560 mana/min. Since you can only run that setup once every other Mindbender CD, it needs to be averaged down to 17120 mana/min. This would be competitive with the 90% Solace scenario, except we still have to factor the avoided mana costs, so it falls behind even here on a strict numbers basis.

You're also neglecting the GCD cost.

2 GCD's or 10% extra healing for 18 seconds. (I am assuming you still burn 1 GCD for EAA).

In a 30 second window of Archangel CD, there are 20 GCDs. If you're doing solace on cooldown, that's 3 GCD's on solace and 17 GCD for PWS. At most 12 of those GCD's will be under Archangel, but since you need to Solace, only 11 GCD's will be under Archangel.

So, do you want 11 PWS that are 10% stronger, or 2 extra PWS? 2 extra PWS will come out as more HPS than 10% increase to 11 PWS.

Albeit, you still do need to burn a GCD on Mindbender ever 45 seconds or so.

In a 90 second frame, would you rather have 10% increase to 33 PWS or have 4 extra GCDs? Now, Solace does do non-negligible healing, but it's "dumb" healing as well. It's pretty close. But personally, I'd rather have the 4 extra GCDs.

P.S. Havoc had a more mathematical argument in the stat weight thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Evry View Post
    It's not. "Strictly" is too strong a word.
    In some circumstances MB can provide close to the same mana (well, more mana return but when you account for HFs cast it'll be less than solace).

In exchange, it does considerably more damage.
    You are always going to want to Holy Fire on CD for AA, it may as well be Solace you are hitting over it's weaker base counterpart.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future