Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] Trinkets Help

Hi everyone!
    First time i post here...
    I'm not sure what trinkets to use now when i got Candle from salvage yard and Shards of Nothing Mythic from Follower Mission.
    Atm im using Quiescent Runestone Mythic and Winged Hourglass 2/3 upgrade but today i got 2 new trinkets. So my question is to sell Candle and use Quiescent Runestone and Shards of Nothing both Mythic version
    or is Candle still good after nerf?

P.S. here is my armory ( still cant post links -.- )
    and btw we are at 2/7 and still progressing Mythic

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Drvobradi/simple

I think Candle will replace 2/3 hourglass at least and probably the other two. Not sure if you should use 1 of your 2 new mythic trinkets over 2/3 hourglass or not. I would think so but I'm a little new to this.

Short answer:

Candle > Quiescent > Winged Hourglass 3/3 > Shards of Nothing.

Winged Hourglass is more regeneration than Quiescent so if you need that then use it over Quiescent, hold on to your Quiescent though. Shards of Nothing is basically "nothing" (speaks for itself) but you can hold it in case you want a burst opener on a fight like Butcher.

As a general rule, do not throw out any trinkets unless you either have 2 that are strictly better (by this I don't mean "different" I mean "does the same thing but better) or a higher item level version of another (you cannot equip both a 685 and 670 Quiescent for instance) until the expansion is over. It's not that many bag spaces and you never know when something will come in handy!

Deleted
    Go with candle 100% of the time and swap between shards and hourglass imo. Candle gives that huge int bonus aswell as abit of mana every 2 mins. Hourglass is your second best regenerative trinket so use it when needed (most likely on progress bosses). Shards of nothing is simmed our best trinket given the correct usage of the CD. I have Emblem of Caustic Healing on my druid (same trinket as shards but spirit instead) and the CD provides some nice burst healing paired with a incarnation for example. Spam rejuv with shorter GCD's faster + ticks to recover from high dmg phases. We've been progressing on Mar'gok since i got this trinket last week so haven't been able to test it on other fights.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Short answer:

Candle > Quiescent > Winged Hourglass 3/3 > Shards of Nothing.

Winged Hourglass is more regeneration than Quiescent so if you need that then use it over Quiescent, hold on to your Quiescent though. Shards of Nothing is basically "nothing" (speaks for itself) but you can hold it in case you want a burst opener on a fight like Butcher.

As a general rule, do not throw out any trinkets unless you either have 2 that are strictly better (by this I don't mean "different" I mean "does the same thing but better) or a higher item level version of another (you cannot equip both a 685 and 670 Quiescent for instance) until the expansion is over. It's not that many bag spaces and you never know when something will come in handy!
    As i said above this trinket is far from 'nothing'. Huge int boost aswell a amazing on use CD with our best stat.

thx for answers guys, but i just sold candle for 100k on ah -.-
    so i guess i will stay with hourglass and will try shard of nothing, but i more like to go with Quiescent Runestone cause im not pref trinkets on use . What you guys think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKiller View Post
    thx for answers guys, but i just sold candle for 100k on ah -.-
    so i guess i will stay with hourglass and will try shard of nothing, but i more like to go with Quiescent Runestone cause im not pref trinkets on use . What you guys think?
    Sounds good man, as i said above shards used correctly will give best results but for ease of use and your own preference looks like runestone is the winner for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys feel about the Emblem of Caustic Healing. I've found the static spirit to be decent considering how spirit dependent Rdruids are. I also like its synergy with Nature's Vigil, as every other nature's vigil use you have essentially a mini heroism (~17% haste).

I've been using Emblem w/ Candle, but I have been considering upgrading my winged hourglass to 3/3.

let me add, that, if you use Shards during a Tree Form, that can be very nice burst of HT on last encounter where you need to spam heals on low health raids, and it has proven to work in a lot of situations, like Imp Margok,

for me, my best 3 trinkets are: Mark of rapid replication > Shards of Nothing > Winged Hourglass 3/3

Shards are very powerful when you know when to use the proc

Quote Originally Posted by TweFoju View Post
    for me, my best 3 trinkets are: Mark of rapid replication > Shards of Nothing > Winged Hourglass 3/3
    You forgot our strongest trinket there (Candle).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Sounds good man, as i said above shards used correctly will give best results but for ease of use and your own preference looks like runestone is the winner for you.
    I just snagged heroic Shards and a heroic socketed warforged Emblem of Caustic healing last night. I have a 1/3 Hourglass. I would assume my two new heroic trinkets will trump this; what do you think?

Procing them both at the same time is a ton of fun, my GCD's drop to so low! I was running SoTF too so I didn't even get to try with incarnation yet.

it depends, if you are good at managing your mana or not, the 2 heroic trinks are the best options in my opinion at the moment, compared to the 1/3 Winged, with the 2 heroics, you could control your gcd and giving you a nice amount of rejuv heals spam, more ticks for raid too

proccing them both at the same time however will result in your mana draining faster as you would want to spam every direct healing possible during proc.

i'd say, try to make Winged 3/3 if possible, then carry them together, switch them accordingly to the different boss strat

In very basic terms, it's like this:

If you have no mana issues, you don't need spirit, but you need throughput. Shards gives shitloads of throughput but absolutely zip spirit.

I personally find it hard to believe any resto here is OK with his/her spirit. Honestly if you have no mana issues there's probably something wrong in your raid (too many healers, you're bad, or you're doing content that is much too easy). I wouldn't drop my Candle for anything for progress. I can't even see myself do imperator without spirit.

Deleted
    I run hourglass 3/3 SoH heroic, use shards proc on tree + nature's vigil gg ez life, if your mana looks dirty cast draenic channeled pot yay

I have a peculiar question to pose for this thread. At what point would it be appropriate to drop, say... heroic Mark of Rapid Replication(670) with a socket, if in its place i could use a mythic warforged runestone(691)? would the straight up int boost be worth the loss of that serious spirit? the other trinket in this situation being the hourglass.

Edit: For point of reference, we've downed mythic Karg and Twins, and we're working on Bracken.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sastiel/simple
    Last edited by otterfluff; 2015-01-10 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Onto bigger issues, Madonna is fucking hideous what go home you're drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by otterfluff View Post
    I have a peculiar question to pose for this thread. At what point would it be appropriate to drop, say... heroic Mark of Rapid Replication(670) with a socket, if in its place i could use a mythic warforged runestone(691)? would the straight up int boost be worth the loss of that serious spirit? the other trinket in this situation being the hourglass.
    Yes, in general, especially because the extreme item level difference (691) AND the Runestone has the 3 amazing stats even if not spirit, but you'll have to throttle your spell casting to compensate for the mana loss (should still be an overall gain though).

Quote Originally Posted by otterfluff View Post
    I see that you are using the Mythic Runestone in place of the Heroic Mark, which is good. But you should be using your Heroic Mark over your stage one Hourglass. The spirit proc from hourglass is vastly outweighed by the static spirit from Mark, and the int is so abysmally low on the Hourglass that the haste and versatility should offer more throughput. This is also assuming you cannot afford an Everburning Candle.

The thing people need to keep in mind when looking at trinkets, is what kind of trinket is it and what are you replacing? There are two main types of trinkets. You have throughput trinkets that offer no (or in the case of the Everburning Candle) very little regen. You then have regen trinkets. Everburning Candle and the Runestone would be throughput trinkets. Things like the Mark and Winged Hourglass would be considered regen trinkets. Since you are using them mainly for the spirit and they just have the benfit of throughput stats on them.

Coloured by your own personal comfort levels when it comes to spirit, most people tend to run one throughput trinket and one regen trinket. Everburning Candle being the most popular since it is comparable to Mythic Warforged BRF trinkets. Since you don't have a Candle, but do have the Runestone, I would personally recommend you running the Runestone and the Mark. If you wanted to spend the money to upgrade your Hourglass to 670, it would put it just behind the Mythic Mark. However, by the time you spend that much money to upgrade that, you would be much better of just buying a Candle. Though I don't know what the prices for things are like on your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiche View Post
    I see that you are using the Mythic Runestone in place of the Heroic Mark, which is good. But you should be using your Heroic Mark over your stage one Hourglass. The spirit proc from hourglass is vastly outweighed by the static spirit from Mark, and the int is so abysmally low on the Hourglass that the haste and versatility should offer more throughput. This is also assuming you cannot afford an Everburning Candle.

The thing people need to keep in mind when looking at trinkets, is what kind of trinket is it and what are you replacing? There are two main types of trinkets. You have throughput trinkets that offer no (or in the case of the Everburning Candle) very little regen. You then have regen trinkets. Everburning Candle and the Runestone would be throughput trinkets. Things like the Mark and Winged Hourglass would be considered regen trinkets. Since you are using them mainly for the spirit and they just have the benfit of throughput stats on them.

Coloured by your own personal comfort levels when it comes to spirit, most people tend to run one throughput trinket and one regen trinket. Everburning Candle being the most popular since it is comparable to Mythic Warforged BRF trinkets. Since you don't have a Candle, but do have the Runestone, I would personally recommend you running the Runestone and the Mark. If you wanted to spend the money to upgrade your Hourglass to 670, it would put it just behind the Mythic Mark. However, by the time you spend that much money to upgrade that, you would be much better of just buying a Candle. Though I don't know what the prices for things are like on your server.
    Thank you for the input. I definitely appreciate the feed back! I had been wondering in the back of mind if the static spirit of Mark was better but simply wasn't sure of how to go about calculating it up against Hourglass. I'm not exactly the most financially set to go buy either the candle or the upgrade for my cards, but I am slowly saving up war paints and savage bloods on an alt to make the tarots. Hopefully that comes to fruition before we actually get to mythic Margok! I definitely will admit I'm a bit of a spammer when it comes to rejuv usage, but thats something that shouldn't be too hard to change, especially with a group running double absorb healers. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Onto bigger issues, Madonna is fucking hideous what go home you're drunk.

I am using the Everburning Candle and 3/3 Hourglass. I got mythic Mark of Rapid replication from my highmaul garrison mission. Is it a big upgrade over 3/3 hourglass ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsdruid View Post
    I am using the Everburning Candle and 3/3 Hourglass. I got mythic Mark of Rapid replication from my highmaul garrison mission. Is it a big upgrade over 3/3 hourglass ?
    Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Yes, it is better in every possible sense. It has more spirit, and 177 haste + 177 versatility is considered better than just 154 intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Yes, it is better in every possible sense. It has more spirit, and 177 haste + 177 versatility is considered better than just 154 intellect.
    Thanks for the response !!!