Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just me thoughts on hunter. Removal of frozen ammo... sort of necessary atm... Ferals/Rets and DKs would walk all over us without it, we're a bit of a counter to that awful meta. For the most part ranged classes don't have to worry about it as much, not any more than they would with concussive shot or otherwise. I think it's fine, and honestly necessary. Only people I feel bad for is maybe warrior and monk, but 2 out of 11 isn't bad. Hunters can get melted really fast if they get caught unfortunately, and already have the disadvantage to ranged classes with high sustain, especially in cased of like Boomkin. Lets not make everyone eat them.

Trap cooldown. 15 seconds sounds fair. just remove the part where trap cooldowns are reduced in master trapper or whatever and that's what would happen. I have no issues with that. If anything, two passives with "reduce trap CD" is frankly really weird...

Tranq shot... I think hunters have the MOST fair dispel of all... 20 focus, if you're going through 3-4 upwards 5 buffs at a time, thats basically all of your focus (as Survival) Then you're left cobra shotting (lol) until you can even pressure again or dispel. I'd say thats a far more fair alternative to Shaman or priest who just lose the global and nothing else. Hunters do lose quite a lot of damage if they're on dispel duty.

I'd say shamans have the more OP purges, but lets face it... I don't think they need to be kicked while down any more than they already have been...

Also, the game doesn't need disarms back. They were awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Then those DPS must be retarded, seriously. Or everybody is hugely exaggerating. Probably little bit of both.

They have to cast Incinerate or hit you with Conflagrate around every 6 seconds (It has a 12 sec cooldown, 2 charges). With Charred Remains it does 60% less damage, both of those spells, but generate 200% more Embers. So if you are training him, he is easy to train by the way, and not interrupting his casts then you are basically letting him cast a heal.

Affliction Warlock can heal 30% of his health pool over 6 sec with Drain Life empowered by talent and glyph, while doing some reasonable damage. Yet, no one is complaining. I know why, because it is a massive green laser waiting to be interrupted.

It isn't passive as Conversion is. It isn't fire and forget. No, you are willingly sacrificing your damage in order to survive.
    I'm guessing you're one of the few people who hasn't seen the streamer tanking 2 dps at 2300 or so rating? No you're right, 2300 rated players have no idea how to kill someone. Somebody should teach them how to press their buttons.

Again no one's complaining about the damage. By all means buff their damage but it is a proven FACT that that spec can tank 2 dps indefinitely. The whole strategy revolves around tanking the dps deep into dampening and then having your partner come out of stealth so you can both nuke one down. No one's complaining about affliction self healing because you can't tank 2 dps with it.

You clearly have no idea how the spec or strategy works. Go watch Wallirk on Twitch.

yo guys, hotfix today, no nerf to combat rogue, only buffs for all specs. how hard are you crying right now 1-10?

Pet battlers wishing for major overhauls that would disrupt the rest of the game.

A Y Y L M A O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsyer View Post
    You clearly have no idea how the spec or strategy works. Go watch Wallirk on Twitch.
    I just explained to you how the whole Destruction Self-Healing work and I have no clue?

It has a drawback, therefore I consider it rather balanced. Destruction Warlock with Charred Remains has only a Chaos Bolt to deal damage. They even nerfed instant Rain of Fire to no longer generate embers. By the way, the heal from Ember Tap was already nerfed, not sure if before launch or shortly after.

To be honest it is a valid tactic in my opinion, you force him into a defense where he is able to tank you, but does hardly any damage. I think people simply don't understand how the mechanic works and don't know how to counter it, it is also strengthened by the fact Destruction Warlocks are rare. They are like a tank spec in Arena, stupid and annoying, but hardly overpowered.

It can be stupid and annoying, I agree. However just come here and say nerf this and provide no other idea for compensation is stupid as well. And it really isn't a damage increase what Destruction needs. Their mobility suck really hard, that's why I find it a hilarious tactic. I find it funny that people let Destruction Warlock to generate Embers by allowing him a 2 second cast. I am not even sure if one Incinerate and Conflagrate can generate one Ember, I need to test it.

EIDT: Just tested it, I need to cast 3 spells to gain one Ember.

Deleted
    I would love to lose Ember Tap completely as Destro if they would just make my beloved Warlock class playable again in arenas apart from annoying people by doing insane self-healing.

What I would add to those notes is the following:

- cooldown on Hammer of Justice, Storm Bolt, Asphyxiate and Bash increased to 1 minute, range reduced to 15m
    - lockout duration of interrupts reduced to 3 seconds across the board and being interrupted gives immunity to being interrupted again for 10 seconds

As for Ember generation: you need 2-3 spells for 1 ember with Charred Remains and 6-8 spells without.

Deleted
    I just explained to you how the whole Destruction Self-Healing work and I have no clue?

It has a drawback, therefore I consider it rather balanced. Destruction Warlock with Charred Remains has only a Chaos Bolt to deal damage. They even nerfed instant Rain of Fire to no longer generate embers. By the way, the heal from Ember Tap was already nerfed, not sure if before launch or shortly after.

To be honest it is a valid tactic in my opinion, you force him into a defense where he is able to tank you, but does hardly any damage. I think people simply don't understand how the mechanic works and don't know how to counter it, it is also strengthened by the fact Destruction Warlocks are rare. They are like a tank spec in Arena, stupid and annoying, but hardly overpowered.

It can be stupid and annoying, I agree. However just come here and say nerf this and provide no other idea for compensation is stupid as well. And it really isn't a damage increase what Destruction needs. Their mobility suck really hard, that's why I find it a hilarious tactic. I find it funny that people let Destruction Warlock to generate Embers by allowing him a 2 second cast. I am not even sure if one Incinerate and Conflagrate can generate one Ember, I need to test it.

EIDT: Just tested it, I need to cast 3 spells to gain one Ember.
    Defensive warlock is on the defensive.

The self healing is overpowered. Nobody should be immortal. Again, self healing should take a backseat to damage mitigation cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    I would love to lose Ember Tap completely as Destro if they would just make my beloved Warlock class playable again in arenas apart from annoying people by doing insane self-healing.
    To be completely honest, I find this Charred Remains a very stupid talent.

It isn't fun nor interesting to me, I also think it destroys what the Destruction is supposed to be about. Destruction should be about dealing a massive damage, killing your opponent before he can kill you. This talent is what enables this whole ridiculous tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    The self healing is overpowered. Nobody should be immortal. Again, self healing should take a backseat to damage mitigation cooldowns.
    Beside that Self-Healing, Warlock has one real damage mitigation spell on a 3 min cooldown (There is a glyph which can reduce CD and duration). Then you can also count Portal and Gate, but it is more of a movement ability.

Warlock should be about soaking and healing through damage, it was always part of this class. It is extremely hard idea to balance though, I agree.

I think this leads into a debate if class uniqueness and flavor should be sacrificed for a better balance.

Deleted
    To be completely honest, I find this Charred Remains a very stupid talent.

It isn't fun nor interesting to me, I also think it destroys what the Destruction is supposed to be about. Destruction should be about dealing a massive damage, killing your opponent before he can kill you. This talent is what enables this whole ridiculous tactic.

Beside that Self-Healing, Warlock has one real damage mitigation spell on a 3 min cooldown (There is a glyph which can reduce CD and duration). Then you can also count Portal and Gate, but it is more of a movement ability.

Warlock should be about soaking and healing through damage, it was always part of this class. It is extremely hard idea to balance though, I agree.

I think this leads into a debate if class uniqueness and flavor should be sacrificed for a better balance.
    Honestly, self healing isn't unique at all, there's no flavour there.

In my opinion, a targets hp thats moving toward zero eventually is more enaging than self healing. (In a scenario without a healer of course)

I much prefer to have 10 seconds of my attacks to be avoided by that rogue, rather than ember tap, rejuvination etc be spammed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    this is in pvp section so i dont see the need for a mind sear buff tbh.
    To be fair, while I understand youre just posting for PVP changes you have to understand that these things will effect PVE as well. I like what you wrote but it seems a lackluster thread if you're only going to ask for changes to what you like without thought on other peoples playstyles.
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, self healing isn't unique at all, there's no flavour there.
    No, self-healing isn't unique to Warlock class. However it is a massive part of the fantasy surrounding this class, it is the same like stripping Shaman of all his utility totems.

When you think of Warlock, what do you imagine? Probably a psychopath who feed on his enemies and strike fear into their hearts.

In my opinion, a targets hp thats moving toward zero eventually is more enaging than self healing. (In a scenario without a healer of course)

I much prefer to have 10 seconds of my attacks to be avoided by that rogue, rather than ember tap, rejuvination etc be spammed.
    This is just your preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Warriors have been removed from the game. We couldn't think of anyway else to make it boring so we're just gonna scrap it and make a second Death Knight class."
    OT I wouldn't mind disarm back Warriors or my Rogue. Was always a good way to stop some damage incoming even for a bit.

Deleted
    No, self-healing isn't unique to Warlock class. However it is a massive part of the fantasy surrounding this class, it is the same like stripping Shaman of all his utility totems.

When you think of Warlock, what do you imagine? Probably a psychopath who feed on his enemies and strike fear into their hearts.

This is just your preference.
    Warlock's theme has for the longest time been the sacrifice of ones self or others for power. They have mostly sacrificed their own health pool for power, even a row of talents follows this.

And i put "in my opinion" for that reason.

Nerf to frost dk healing, nerf to rets, bug fix / minor nerf for hunters, ok ok looking good...

Rogue
    Combat
    [Currently in testing] Combat Rogues now have 7% more Attack Power.

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree with you Hand Banana, I'm not sure 10 -> 15 RP for conversion will change much. Remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Educated guess: you play warrior and get beaten by the 10 classes you are calling nerfs for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock's theme has for the longest time been the sacrifice of ones self or others for power. They have mostly sacrificed their own health pool for power, even a row of talents follows this.
    They have to gain some health back, don't they? It would be rather silly if they would eventually kill themselves.

You sacrifice part of yourself and then sustain yourself by draining others.

Warriors get disarm back.

YES PLEASE! I loved charge+disarm on hunters

Deleted
    They have to gain some health back, don't they? It would be rather silly if they would eventually kill themselves.

You sacrifice part of yourself and then sustain yourself by draining others.
    Self healing is just absurd in this expansion. Minor heals like recuperate i think are fine, and costly. Intended for minor sustain.

Let the healers do the healing.

Deleted
    If you think monks need a dmg nerf you're sorrowly mistaken