MW in need of help, logs

Hey all

Looking for advice I could give to our MW, any advice what he's doing wrong and what he needs to improve, his healing just doesn't seem to be there...

battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Lunçhbox/advanced

warcraftlogs.com/reports/v4pfdhBAGMRW9btj

warcraftlogs.com/reports/QzLFAfGycXjarZkJ#type=healing&fight=7

One thing I'm seeing is why does it say he casted chi burst 72 times? that doesn't make any sense since it's on a 30 second CD. One thing I would advise him to do is use uplift more frequently, it says that it was only cast 7 times during the entire fight which isn't nearly enough. Also it says he only casted expel harm twice when he should be using it whenever its off CD.
    Last edited by stealthwill; 2015-01-05 at 06:57 PM.

Well that druid is about 20 item levels higher than the monk, and this is normal mode... So chances are the druid is sniping a LOT of potential healing from the other two healers.

That being said, your monk is doing some things very, very wrong.

As Stealth said, he only cast Uplift 7 times. That's... absurd. It seems to be consistent across all of the attempts in that log, though. He's not using Uplift nearly enough on any fight.

He also has an atrocious amount of Multistrike, ~7%. He should be closer to 12-15%, if not even higher, with his item level. Honestly anything more than he has now will help him out.

7+ Year Old Account
    He looks like he's still gearing with the stat priority we had in MoP, he has a lot of crit and haste.

It might be worth directing him to the WoD Mistweaver guide that Monkioh wrote, he could learn a LOT from there.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...vE-Healing-6-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    My ressource "Chi" for Ko'ragh:

His ressource "Chi" for Ko'ragh:

It's not about itemization imho, this is rather fine. I assume he has no access to higher/crafted gear. In general it's better for a mistweaver to go with the "higher ilvl" than "crit/ms". He just doesn't understand the value of Uplift for a mistweaver. During the whole bloodlust-period, where he's not spending ANY chi, he still gained 15 (!) chi - completely wasted! Mistweaver is about gaining and spending chi "as quickly as possible" (while this is not true in general, it might be a principle for him to improve). On a fight like Ko'ragh, where you have more or less consistent damage incoming, Uplift is a great tool to keep steady heals on the raid.

- Chi Burst counts the targets that got hit, so 72 hits is fine, it's not 72 casts
    - use EH more often
    - RJW and Chi Torpedo are both not really strong on Ko'ragh, as the raid is usually too spreaded (depends on the tactic tho) - you can use Xuen here
    - he could try Ascension to help with his "chi-stacking" problem and for a smoother mana regeneration