Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Agreed, that scene in totally not Nando's with Ricky was SO creepy. I don't know if it was meant to be forshadowing for something bad happening to her, or just showing off that Ricky is a serious wrong'n and clearly has SOMETHING for kids. Either way after that scene and the phone scene I'm now 90% sure he did it.

I don't think Lee had a direct role in it, but I think he knows more than he's saying, but he's trying to keep Gwen safe.

Best line in the episode for me, just after they were quizzing jo, to see if they could put him on the stand, they walk out of the room and the second blurts out "Fuck he did it! He totally did it!". Got to say I laughed pretty hard... Must REALLY suck to have to defend a guy you know is guilty... One of the many reasons I could never be a lawyer.
    Yeah that line from the junior was pretty funny lol. I'm totally with you about hardys kid though.

Also funny thing about the Nando's scene, people are complaining because again it's a fuck up as at Nandos you order the food yourself rofl. Some people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Yeah that line from the junior was pretty funny lol. I'm totally with you about hardys kid though.

Also funny thing about the Nando's scene, people are complaining because again it's a fuck up as at Nandos you order the food yourself rofl. Some people...
    REALLY? Of course you order yourself in Nandos.... But they're clearly NOT in Nandos....

I'm all for complaining over legitimate fuckups *cough*the alegations of affairs*cough* but that's just reaching
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHIT! Great episide. With the exception of episode 2 (mostly the last 1/4) this season has been SO fucking good.

I'm Pretty sure we're right, Ricky and Gwen set up Lee, the problem is it seems SO obvious, that I'm starting to doubt it... But the evidence just seems SO stacked against them. I think the question now isn't will they arrest Ricky/Gwen, it's will Hardy survive to see it...

As for Danny's trial, urg, are they seriously going to let a fucking teenager be a witness? There's no way he's going to give an impartial account of anything. Plus the whole scene with Bishop's son was stupid, they're trying to make her a nicer character, but all it makes me think is "Such a hotshot... Couldn't save your own kid though could you?"

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    HOLY SHIT! Great episide. With the exception of episode 2 (mostly the last 1/4) this season has been SO fucking good.

I'm Pretty sure we're right, Ricky and Gwen set up Lee, the problem is it seems SO obvious, that I'm starting to doubt it... But the evidence just seems SO stacked against them. I think the question now isn't will they arrest Ricky/Gwen, it's will Hardy survive to see it...

As for Danny's trial, urg, are they seriously going to let a fucking teenager be a witness? There's no way he's going to give an impartial account of anything. Plus the whole scene with Bishop's son was stupid, they're trying to make her a nicer character, but all it makes me think is "Such a hotshot... Couldn't save your own kid though could you?"
    Yeah that was a great episode. I had serious doubts at the beginning of the season but it's definitely picking up.

Like you said it's still pointing towards Gwen and Ricky which almost seems too obvious. I really don't know how it's going to play out at this point, it seems like it could swing either way. Lee lying about not sleeping with the mother of the dead kid was odd too, especially if he's trying to prove his innocence. As for the phone being in Portsmouth, It is weird that that wasn't picked up on in the investigation lol..

The kid that is going on trial really pisses me off lol, I mean sure, he's the son of the suspect and therefore he just wants him free no matter what, so it technically makes sense. He seems old enough though to understand what's going on, and him treating his mum like that is going a tad bit far lol.

Yeah them adding the backstory to bishop seems odd, they seem to be doing a great job of making everyone hate her atm. Like the old woman said, Bishop seems to blame everyone else but herself (like her junior).

Things are looking bad too for Hardy, I thought he was going to survive but the way things are looking atm, I'm not sure.

At the moment I can't see how the season will play out, quite a few things could happen at this point. I do think something bad will happen in the next few episodes though, not sure why, just seems likely, a death perhaps (Gwen maybe?).
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-02-03 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the rest of the season can keep improving at this rate, if it does, it might even surpass the 1st season!

I would almost bet money that it was Gwen and Ricky... IF the first season hadn't been such a last minute WTF of a reveal. At this rate it was probably someone totally random that we've not even met yet . Maybe it was Mrs Gilespi... I'm guessing Lee lied about sleeping with her because he's trying to make himself seem like a nice guy, and cheating doesn't fit that. You're right about the phone though, I really do think Hardy is actually a terrible fucking detective...

TBH I think the kid going on the stand is going to be a fucking train wreck, worse than Millar's sister even . He'll get up there, make a bunch of shit up, the prosecution will call him on his shit and the whole thing will be a giant waste of time. He'll probably try and make it out that his Father was super nice and IF anything bad happened, it was all his Mother's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    At the moment I can't see how the season will play out, quite a few things could happen at this point. I do think something bad will happen in the next few episodes though, not sure why, just seems likely, a death perhaps (Gwen maybe?).
    I have a really nasty feeling... What with Miller going all beautiful mind on the Sandbrook case, I don't think Hardy is even going to last to the finalé I think he's going to croak at some point in the next couple of episodes, possibly when he finds out that he's been wrong this whole time about Gwen, then Miller will finish of the case and get everything fixed up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you could be right about the son, I hope it's a giant trainwreck, It did feel good in the latest ep when the woman who claimed her son dumped the body got owned and Bishop was mad.

You could be right about Hardy, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if like you said, Hardy dies and Miller ends up concluding the case etc. Then again, Tennant is pretty bad ass and if they are planning on more seasons (which they may not be), I'd assume they'd still want him.

edit - I just realised something that could be pretty huge, the kid that is going to testify, he was seeing Mark (the dad of the dead kid) in that caravan, the one they want to blame for the kids death. If the kid mentions this in court it could cause a few problems, he was pretty upset with him for not coming any more.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-02-03 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was actually my favourite part of the episode , seeing her get up there and just have her story SHREDDED. I especially liked the irony of the (secretly) blind prosecution judge questioning her eyesight .

If the rumours are to be believed, this is the final and last and never coming back season, that's what got me set on the "Hardy's going to die" train of throught.

Fffuuuccckkkkkkk I hadn't even thought of that. I was so focused on him trying to fuck over his mum I'd totally forgotten that he's pissed at Mark too... Seems awfully convenient that he wants to testify NOW, just after they fight AND when it's clear Bishop is trying to point the finger at him... This could be bad for the Latimer's... Although to be fair, the dad is kind of a dick anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh didn't know that about this being the last season, then again there was nothing pointing towards season 2 for a while.

Yeah, this could be pretty bad for the case, the dad is a dick yeah but still..

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know it's the last. I may be wrong but I do recall reading before this season aired that it would be the final one. Otherwise I think they would have left Sandbrook for a while, it's kinda Hardy's white whale, his unicorn... Seems silly to deal with it now if they're then going to go on and do more seasons, in my opinion at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHITBALLS.

That was an episode and a half... I mean DAMN that was a corker from start to finish! Loved everything about it. Tom going on the stand went about as well as that situation could have, I thought Knight handled the prosecution incredibly well, very delicate and came off looking very good. Unlike Bishop, who came off looking like a tool due to her handling of Mark Latimer, trying to get the case thrown out (thank FUCK the judge sided with Knight). I thought Miller putting Tom in his place finally was brilliant too, I'm so glad that she did that and he reacted exactly as expected to it...

As for Sandbrook... I FUCKING CALLED IT! I SAID it was her and Ricky Gilespie and now we're one step further to seeing the truth of it!

Fan-fucking-tastic episode. Can't wait for next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah same, she was dodgy from the start, I wonder how the rest of the season will play out now. She's definitely involved somehow, there are still a few episodes left which is what makes me think there's a lot more to it.

I'm so glad Miller put tom in his place like you said, It really needed to be done, he didn't expect it at all lol 'Ok mum..'.

I was getting so angry with the case, I was totally expecting the judge to throw the case out, I'm so glad that she didn't. The case went relatively well, I wonder what the 'juicy' thing is that the junior found though. I expect it'll throw a wrench into the works what ever it is, maybe It's related to Miller paying her sister for the evidence in season 1?

It's funny how quickly I go from hating Bishop to feeling sorry for her to hating her again, I feel bad about her son, but then I see how she acts in court and I'm filled with rage lol.

Also when Gwen and what's his face were looking at a house and saw the kid on the trampoline, could be bad...

One thing I know for sure, when Joe is freed (I mean come on, the fact they've made the case last the whole season, they're going to fuck us over, I hope not but I'm fully expecting it at this point) he's going to be killed instantly. I wonder who would do it, Miller? Tom? The dad? The mum? There's a long list that's for sure.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-02-10 at 05:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the rest of the season will be them trying to track her down and get some solid evidence on her. The thing is the only connection to the killing is that picture and the stolen necklace... The picture is gone and the Necklace *shrug*. Also, strangely I think the older girl, the one whose body was never found, might be in on it too. Something about that scene where Gwen was watching and she came up all "I hate her too."

Tbh I'm starting to warm to the case, they've not done anything TOO stupid since... THAT episode. It's almost a proper case. I thought the "Juicy" thing she found was Mark Latimer going to see the Joe Miller, I mean that nearly got the case thrown out, it's pretty damn juicy .

Nah, Bishop gets ZERO sympathy from me, all the stuff with her son does is makes me laugh, she spends all her time trying to get a confessed child killer off... Then complains about justice for her son...

Yeah... I had serious doubts about that scene. Strangly, not because of him any more, I think Gwen is actually the one with the kid problem (also... Anger problems, look at what she did when Hardy said she had to move out).

As for Joe being freed... Yeah I can see that happening... OR possbly, he'll go down for it, then the last scene will be casting doubt on him being guilty, maybe implicating Mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I did have a strange feeling about that blonde girl in the flash back when she said "I hate her too".

The juicy thing was after the Mark going to see Joe Miller, it's something she got while flicking through the papers in the house where Millers sister lives, which is why I think it's related to the money Miller gave her for that evidence.

I still think something is odd about Gwens lover (still can't think of his name and cba googling lol), surely he's not just sticking with her because he loves her, maybe he doesn't know how much Gwen actually did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you fucking KIDDING ME BROADCHURCH!

NO! NONONONONONO!! That is not how you finish a fucking episode you utter bastards, I can't believe they did that. I honestly don't think I could have been any more on edge if I was the one on trial for Murder.

Another fucking fantastic episode, this season has been superb. I think even with one episode left, I'm happy to say this season has topped Season 1 for me. As much as I loved season 1, it seemed every episode was setting up someone else as a suspect, then at the last moment they were all "Surprise, it's Joe!". This season has been a more continuous storyline and it's been GRIPPING.

As to the actual episode. Oooh man what a corker, I really just don't know what is going to happen next week, On one hand I think Gwen did it, but on the other hand... Lee IS a bit of a wrong'n... That clip they showed on him closing the incinerator on something... And then that one throwaway line "What's so good about france?" "No one knows me there... Well... Almost no one..." Could he be talking about the missing girl? And what about Ricky Gilespie? They knew he's in contact with Gwen now as well... AH!

And then we have the trial! Knight's closing speech was great and I thought Bishop's was lacking IF I was on that Jury I would have ripped SO many holes in it there's no way he would have got off. Then they leave us with that motherbitch of a cliffhanger... Fuck everyone who thought that was a good idea

Speaking of Knight though, I thought that scene where she admitted her love to... News paper lady was good. As it started I actually thought to myself "There's something going on there!" And then it was! Knew it.

Also, best line in the episode by FAR. When the two seconds were talking in the court, while the jury was out and they guy walks up to her and says "I think you're a... Truly horrible person" no raised voice, no real venom just... Acceptance of how fucking awful she is. You can see how much it hurt her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I didn't enjoy the episode as much as it appears you did, then again the court scenes ruin it for me. The complete speculation with next to no evidence that Bishops team is using is ridiculous and in a real life setting there would be zero chance of the jury saying Joe didn't do it. This is a TV show after all though, it could honestly go either way. One of two things will happen in the final next week imo, Joe will be guilty and that will be that, or he won't be guilty and he'll be killed.

As for Gwen and Lee, I still just don't know. Ricky is my main suspect at the moment, but I think they all had a part to play. I assume the girl is alive as well because of what he said about 'almost no one' in France.

With the old woman lawyer, her ending speech was great like you said, if I was in the Jury that would have give me my verdict there and then (although it would be obvious what my verdict would be already :P)

Yeah the juniors speaking to each other was good, the female junior was hurt pretty badly by what he said. I mean, she said it her self she thinks he's guilty.

Also, when Hardy said the thing about him being close to closing the case and it felt great and he felt alive again, and how bad he felt when he couldn't close the case. I feel like it was a foreshadowing of some kind, he'll finally close the Sandbrook case but then the Broadchurch case will be unsolved.

If he is freed, and then the episode ends with his dead body, it would be a nice setup for a potential season 3, there would be a lot of potential suspects like the first season again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt the court scene wasn't AS bad this time. I mean Bishop is lying her ass off, that's a given, I'm just kinda... Rolling with it now. They're clearly doing it to build up some drama (and IMO it's working a little too well, I may need to borrow Hardy's pacemaker). I think you're right though, he's going to get off and as he's walking out of the courthouse someones going to shoot him, but either we wont see who (hello season 3!) or we WILL and they'll go to prison because Law.

And yeah tbh if it was just based on the closing speeches Knight NAILED it, there's no way anyone could disagree... Sadly it's not. (and yeah I agree, he's super guilty, but sadly we have an added edge that the jury don't have... We were there and SAW him do it... Kinda)

Again agreed. I think it's going for a "Hardy can't have nice things" type deal, he'll close the case that was haunting him, but in so doing he'll fuck up the case that he mismanaged due to being haunted by Sandbrook.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was expected and unexpected at the same time.

Him being found not guilty was expected, made no sense though. I was totally expecting him to be killed off, even after he had got into the taxi.

Did not expect Ricky to have killed Lisa.

Few things didn't get tied up too, such as Lisa's phone being on in Portsmouth, Why did Lee mention that person that knew him in France, as well as a few other little bits.

I actually felt sorry for Lee during the episode, he was blackmailed by Ricky and then his wife basically made him kill Pippa. He also found out his wife aborted his child etc, I mean sure, he's a dick, but I felt sorry for him nonetheless. Also I wasn't expecting the old lawyer to work with the other lawyer either lol.

Season 3 has been announced too (wooo). Overall the season was pretty good, I hope we see no more court cases in season 3 though, if they make it about the lawyers son I'll be pissed off. Sure they could make it work, but I'm not into that, especially after the crap pulled this season. Maybe Joe Miller will turn up dead, would be a lot of suspects like in season 1 again.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-02-24 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my main problem with the ending was it felt a little too... Clean, for lack of a better word .

It felt like everything we expected to happen did, there was no real gutpunch moment, like the Joe reveal in season 1. I'm thinking either the Not Guilty verdict or the Pippa reveal were supposed to be the big WTF moments, or possibly as you said the fact that Lee really did nothing wrong, Ricky killed Lisa and Gwen killed Pippa, yet he's the only one that went to prison...

And yeah I was very glad when as the episode finished airing the announcer said they'd be a season 3 with Hardy and Miller, they're such amazing characters.

Best scene of the episode for me, possibly best scene of the season was Hardy closing the Sandbrook file (both literaly and metaphorically) then breaking down in the room.

If season 3 is about Bishop's kid I probably wont watch, I just can't stand her as a character and I couldn't give two shits if her son rots or not. I thought they were setting up Joe to be murdered, when you had Miller, Mark Latimer and the priest all hinting that they were going to kill him. I figured he'd was up dead and next season would go back to the classic whodunnit... Guess we'll have to wait and see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree, I feel like they thought some of the things would be big and shocking, but most people realised what was likely to happen.

Yeah it was a good scene with Hardy closing the Sandbrook file.

I would be mega pissed if it was about Bishop's kid but I would probably still watch it.

Honestly there's not really much to say about the final lol, everything was mostly expected besides the odd small thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Seems a shame really, but I guess that's it for this season... Was a good season, despite the finale being a bit weak I still say it's at LEAST as good if not a bit better than the first. Had a lot of fun discussing it here with you

See you back here for season 3 .