Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

January 5 Hotfixes

Assassination
    [Currently in testing] Assassination Rogues now deals 6% more damage.

Combat
    [Currently in testing] Combat Rogues now have 7% more Attack Power.

Subtlety
    [Currently in testing] Sanguinary Vein now increases damage dealt by 25% (up from 20%).
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

wonder if that will be enough? toughts?

Now we can start to talk.

Assassination
    - Should be 10%

Combat
    - Should be 10%

Subtlety
    [Currently in testing] Sanguinary Vein now increases damage dealt by 25% (up from 20%).
    -This one i feel is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post

Assassination
    - Should be 10%

Combat
    - Should be 10%

Subtlety
    i think you are right those numbers seem so random, also since we all know rogues are fine blizzard will revert them anyway since you know blizzard is always right
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2015-01-06 at 02:24 AM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    25%
    25%
    25%

sounds fine to me?

Maybe I can top twin ogrons now

I feel like a 10% flat dmg increase to combat would be decent, not over the top, but put us in a good spot.

These numbers are fine.
    Jsz

---EDIT---

Just noticed this was the Rogue forum and not the front page notes. Editing out because this is neither the place nor time for that.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post

Assassination
    - Should be 10%

Combat
    - Should be 10%

Subtlety
    Agreed. Assassination definitely needs more buff than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Oh look, another wave of hotfixes and not a single one for Monks. We should bask in awe of how hard working that team from early September must be if they've still been making those adjustments and bug fixes for all these months without being heard from even once. Not even when the beta ended. Nope. They are dedicated to keeping the job going until they're sure its perfect before releasing them. Here's to hoping for a 2016 release.
    Thanks for your input on the Rogue forum.
    Jsz

Actually
    Should be 30% and not 25%

10% more dmg for sub would mean we can actually compete on butcher, 5% is not enough. Theres no reason that sub should be lower than something like arcane mages/ferals single target.

Deleted
    Assa one is 6% like they say, I wonder what exactly they did to achieve that and if that was some kind of mistake and they meant assa resolve by 6%.

I don't know how much dps 7% more AP are to combat, should be not to hard to sim though for somebody who knows how to do an override.

Sub buff is 120% -> 125% which is only 4.16% overall increase. Not to impressed with 4% to be honest.

Time will tell if this is enough, I think they are afraid of overbuffing and therefore only buff in small increments, look at the last buff like 2 weeks ago. Personally I believe the sub one is too small, the assa one is obscure, if it truly is 6% then it's a good start and don't know about the combat one, but 7% more AP will probably be way less than 7% more dps, which would then be too small of a buff to combat single target.

They are all overall to small i agree.

Hopefully they dont want overbuff and then have to go back and nerf. But that they keep an eye on the situation and buff again if its needed, or should i say when its needed.

4% is not something that will help sub much. They can easily increase sub by 10% and even that wouldnt be too much.

Number 1 Rogue on Butcher is 34k with 10% that would be 37.4k and that would put best dps rogue on 16th place on warcraftlogs for mythic butcher, behind a number of arcane mages, rets and one feral.
    Last edited by Essem; 2015-01-06 at 02:44 AM.

Small, incremental buffs are okay with me, but I wish they would say more than "Rogues are fine" when they obviously think we need at least a small buff.

Anyway, these fixes were a little skimpy, but now that everyone is back from vacation there really should be no excuse. I'd expect them to sit down and start getting serious in the next few weeks.

It says:

Combat
    Vitality now grants 50% additional Attack Power (up from 40%).
    on their blog, and I can't post links cuz of low posts ammount..

edit: just first post "6.0.3 Hotfixes: January 5" on us.battle.net/wow/en/

Deleted
    Ok I think I have an estimate for combat buff:

I used this line in simcraft:
    Code:
    override.spell_data=effect.99542.base_value=47
    This should buff vitality from 40% increased to 47% http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61329
    That is a rougly 4.4% dps increase single target for combat.

However that assumption I made is not a buff that truly grants 7% but that is what I believe Blizzard means when they speak of 7% more.

If they truly mean 7% more compared to before vitality would be buffed to roughly 50% which would yield 6.36% more combat dps

For Assa Assassin's Resolve would have to go from 15% to ~22% to be an overall increase by 6%.
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2015-01-06 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    Ok I think I have an estimate for combat buff:

I used this line in simcraft:
    Code:
    override.spell_data=effect.99542.base_value=47
    This should buff vitality from 40% increased to 47%
    That is a rougly 4.4% dps increase single target for combat.

However that assumption I made is not a buff that truly grants 7% but that is what I believe Blizzard means when they speak of 7% more.

If they truly mean 7% more compared to before vitality would be buffed to roughly 50% which would yield 6.36% more combat dps

For Assa Assassin's Resolve would have to go from 15% to ~22% to be an overall increase by 6%.
    They did indeed buff Vitality to 50% check my post above yours.

When did these buffs go live? Was it on 10 hours ago?

It has been 10 years, is it too much to ask for a mechanic change?