2 Similiar Mages Can't Really Learn From Each Other, any chance you fellas could help

So currently in my raid we are the only 2 mages in the guild, and performance
    wise we are both around the same, give or take 1-2k dps, but there is a slight iLvl
    difference.

Was just wondering if you folks could take a look at the logs and see where we could
    strive to improve?

warcraftlogs.com/reports/4WhAjVbp9cMFxfyD#type=summary&fight=10&source=36

I am Kuropewpew fyi

My Armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Kuropewpew/simple

Any gear I should be looking to replace ASAP? (besides the obvious cloak)

Thanks for any and all help
    Last edited by kuron3ko; 2015-01-06 at 09:55 AM.

For some reason you don't have prismatic crystal in your damage logs. start using it.
    I can only count one icy veins on a 6 min fight on kar'gath, you should line this up with your crystal.
    Can't seem to find flask buff?
    You're not prepotting. - Forget that, you're prepotting, but you don't use the second pot in the fight?
    You got a total of 33 fingers of frost procs, but only cast 31 ice lances? you missed one brain freeze aswell.
    Cast mirror image on cooldown with Shards of nothing trinket. you only cast mirror image once or twice during a 6 min fight.
    Last edited by Slykz; 2015-01-06 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slykz View Post
    For some reason you don't have prismatic crystal in your damage logs. start using it.
    I can only count one icy veins on a 6 min fight on kar'gath, you should line this up with your crystal.
    Can't seem to find flask buff?
    You're not prepotting. - Forget that, you're prepotting, but you don't use the second pot in the fight?
    You got a total of 33 fingers of frost procs, but only cast 31 ice lances? you missed one brain freeze aswell.
    Cast mirror image on cooldown with Shards of nothing trinket. you only cast mirror image once or twice during a 6 min fight.
    Oh sorry, should have added that I wanted an analysis of Heroic Imperator, the answer to to all your questions can be explained by the fact that I died halfway through the fight, damn fire totem knocked me into the cat pit :X Also was using TV for imperator and Kargath, was told it wasn't a significant dps loss. Tanks have a tendency to drag boss around a lil bit, is PC still better with uptime being affected?
    Last edited by kuron3ko; 2015-01-06 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuron3ko View Post
    Tanks have a tendency to drag boss around a lil bit, is PC still better with uptime being affected?
    Tell them to stay still for 10seconds while you pop your best CD in the game. that should work.

For Imperator:

Abuse the adds on intermissions by tossing your orb into them (6+) for FoF procs aimed at the warmages (Works nicely when combined with crystal). The damage is light enough to not start mass killing them and causing raid damage issues. And if you are feeling adventurous use blizzard to reset the CD on orb if it looks like there are a large stack of them assembling.

And do the same in the last phase on the adds which spawn from the large add when it dies, reset orb/fof spam.

Not much more you can do other than perfecting movement and using ice floes optimally and getting used to crystal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardimagen View Post
    Tell them to stay still for 10seconds while you pop your best CD in the game. that should work.
    Yeah, cause getting more damage from PC is more important than the tank keeping the boss positioned correctly or not blowing up the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, cause getting more damage from PC is more important than the tank keeping the boss positioned correctly or not blowing up the raid.
    Not sure whats going on Mythic, but on heroic theres plenty of time to pop crystal at the start (or seconds in), especially if you tank him in the center. If not, adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aianos View Post
    Not sure whats going on Mythic, but on heroic theres plenty of time to pop crystal at the start (or seconds in), especially if you tank him in the center. If not, adapt.
    Pull's fine, its the movement after, but is the dps gain worth that much time investment?

Quote Originally Posted by kuron3ko View Post
    Pull's fine, its the movement after, but is the dps gain worth that much time investment?
    I'd say its purely down to how comfortable you are with it. Reading some other threads here now who suggests using Frost Bomb and Thermal Void which will work great, especially in the last phase. Maybe something to try if you are struggling with PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    First things I noticed...

10.5 min pull, you only MI 5 times when you can fit it in 6 times.

You only used your trinket 4 times. It is up every 2 minutes. That means you could've also used this 6 times. You should be using this EVERYTIME its up with mirror images.

Outside of that its just a matter of using your abilities to the fullest. During intermissions use your frozen orb on the small adds to provide you with an absolute monster amount of FoF procs to dump into the warmages / reaver. When your orb is over and you've exhausted your FoF procs, blizzard the small adds to get frozen orb back up off of cooldown, rinse repeat.

On kargath dont die to maul.

Thanks for the tips and advice fellas