Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    Hello
    I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologise if someone mentioned that before. What am I doing is, I don't like the targetlasttarget string, for the amount of reasons. I mentioned my method a while ago on h2p mythic ogron discussion.

What you can do is basically apply the dots for ogrons without even targeting the boss, and it works for me for both sod and insanity.
    1. Ensure that you are using boss raid frames. I am using SHadowed Unit Frames, I know it also works for ElvUI.
    2. Create a macro with string like /cast [@boss1] Devouring Plague/Shadow Word: Pain/Vampiric Touch. Can't give the proper syntax since I'm posting that from my tablet, I believe these will work. 1st boss on frames is Phemos.
    3. Bind them on the same buttons as you have your dots, but with shift(e.g. 1 for Vampiric touch, shift+1 for VT macro on boss1), to make life easier, or on something else if you will.
    4. Track dots through raidframes and ensure that you are standing in range of boss1, in situations when they are pulling Phemos away for whirlwind mainly. Always apply dots with these 3 buttons and therefore never change the target from Pol, spamming MSp MB and SWD on him. It also saves your concentration on execute since you will macro apply all your VT and DP for MSp procs from SoD and all of your spikes will be empowered, and the ones that are not will not remove DP(all DPs are going on Phemos).

Where this method also works:
    brackenspore since I always SoD this fight and never really got the opportunity to clean the moss/try insanity in, as long as mythic dies and gives you loots I'm fine with it. Simply apply dots to brackenspore using these macros and MSp the add/spore shooters/fungus.
    Kargath when you are focusing cat and feeling like full dots on boss will be an advantage, on 35-20% window do the cat's health for example, and you are waiting for execute to come.
    On your alts, especially if you have alt affli warlock.

Feel free to try it out and be aware for running away from fire while reapplying VT on whirlwind inn phemos in the middle of nowhere.
    Thanks a lot!
    So let me make this clear... with these 3 macros:
    /cast [@boss1] Devouring Plague
    /cast [@boss1] Shadow Word: Pain
    /cast [@boss1] Vampiric Touch

I can always keep Pol on target while i nuke him with ms/mb and yet with these macros ill dot the other without changing my target at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for the help in this thread... downed them today in mythic and with almost 31k dps I guess wasn't that bad... these macros really helped a lot!

Deleted
    I personally have 2 keybinds for targeting and a set of targeting macros, swaping them for different bosses. For Twins I use /target boss1 and /target boss2

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Thanks a lot!
    So let me make this clear... with these 3 macros:
    /cast [@boss1] Devouring Plague
    /cast [@boss1] Shadow Word: Pain
    /cast [@boss1] Vampiric Touch

I can always keep Pol on target while i nuke him with ms/mb and yet with these macros ill dot the other without changing my target at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for the help in this thread... downed them today in mythic and with almost 31k dps I guess wasn't that bad... these macros really helped a lot!
    That us a very good DPS, you are more than welcome! I can see this method working for lots of bosses in BRF too
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    SoD is brilliant for this fight (or any cleave fight). The damage increase from the SoD procs stacks multiplicative with CoP, so using the SoD procs on a non dotted target is a huge boost to MS damage.

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    SoD is brilliant for this fight (or any cleave fight).
    Could someone please explain to me, what exactly is cleave type fight? Is it two target fight? I can google 'cleave' meaning, but even online definitions of this word are very ambiguous, for example http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    Could someone please explain to me, what exactly is cleave type fight? Is it two target fight? I can google 'cleave' meaning, but even online definitions of this word are very ambiguous, for example http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/cleave.
    Cleave in wow refers, specifically, to abilities which will hit multiple targets at once. AKA the warrior ability 'cleave' or the rogue ability 'blade flurry' etc etc.

Cleave type fights refer to fights where there are multiple adds near each other, which can be hit by cleaving abilities.

Fights where there are more than 4 or so adds are usually referred to as aoe instead of cleave.

Definitions will change here a bit...

Shadow priests don't have actual cleave, but in cleave type fights (2-4 constant adds) cleaving usually refers to multi dotting. SoD is very strong when you can multi dot on an add that will live for the whole duration of the fight because you can have 100% uptime on your secondary target dots, and get a lot of surge procs.

Cleave is mainly used as a term to describe fights where there are 2 targets for a longer amount of time, although you would refer to it as multidotting as an SP. Cleave refers to Dpsing a single target, and then have something bouncing of it, or an ability that hits many targets (Sweeping Strikes, Meat Cleaver Raging Blows, Fists of Fury, Fire Mages spreading combustion, Havoc Chaos Bolt), as opposed to multidotting, which means individually Dpsing many different targets with DoTs , which is also different from mass AoE.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory