Deleted

Mythic Twins BrM tips

So i'm going to M5 tonigth and was wondering if you guys have some tips to give me, i already planned the following:

DPS:

Taking Chi Explosion, Chiburst (? still not sure about this one),
    Delaying Keg Smash a bit if it's worth it till i have both stacked ( when whirlwind phase hits) ofc i wont delay too much only if it's worth, let's say 2-3 second's

Healing/Damage Reduction

Ill be tanking Phemos so i'll be taking him to the middle, last time i was there i was struggling with the fire because there's just so much in the middle and i'm kinda of an unexperienced Monk tank ( started this expansion ), so i tougth a bit about the figth and came up with the following plan, which migth sound obvious for some of you, but well like i said first tier as monk tank.

Using transcendence to move to middle ( will make it so much easier and avoid the blaze stacks which we're mainly from getting there i can easily dodge in the middle )
    Zen meditation during Whirlwind if guard is down or i get high blaze stacks because i failed with transcendence or just like eating fire
    Diffuse Magic at the start for blaze aswell altough i don't think i'll need it anymore if i perform what i wrote up, so probably just taking healing elixir's anyway

Any tips/critics would be very appreciated, i just mainly want to improve my damage altough i'm afraid i'll take a lot more damage due to Chi explosion unreliability compared to serenity

Armory: Leffie (i'll be changing my blackrock enchant for thunderlord one when i get home)
    Last edited by mmocb674e982a5; 2015-01-06 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Don't forget to taunt once you're in the middle.
    Damn phemos just refuses to move a third of the time, and a taunt helps. (at least on heroic, not going to try it on M until sunday)
    I'd recommend to continue using diffuse, cause it's real easy to fuck up with fire.
    If you're going for DPS mostly, 4ChiEX sure is the way to go, but beware of shuffle issues if you do this.
    (4ChiEx gives less shuffle/chi then 3ChiEx)
    Last edited by mmoc0c8f6d1d73; 2015-01-06 at 03:33 PM.

If you have access to them this week, grabbing the 660 PvP pants for the 2 set PvP bonus might help a lot(same stats and 5 more ilvls). Make sure Keg Smash is on CD for at least 3-4 seconds and that you have room for 3 Chi, then jump-roll and spam Jab 3 times in a row. Even using Power Strikes your passive energy regen will actually be greater than the cost of Jab while under the effect of the 2 set PvP buff, so you can effectively use it to regen energy slightly while constantly gaining Chi.

With Celerity, Chi basically rains from the sky the entire fight. This makes it far easier to keep shuffle up, Guard regularly, and pump out the big 4 Chex cleave. Also, jump-rolling as Brewmaster will cause you to stay in one place during the roll thanks to the perk so you won't mess up positioning.

This isn't really Twins specific, but any fight that Chex is used for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bushes View Post
    If you have access to them this week, grabbing the 660 PvP pants for the 2 set PvP bonus might help a lot(same stats and 5 more ilvls). Make sure Keg Smash is on CD for at least 3-4 seconds and that you have room for 3 Chi, then jump-roll and spam Jab 3 times in a row. Even using Power Strikes your passive energy regen will actually be greater than the cost of Jab while under the effect of the 2 set PvP buff, so you can effectively use it to regen energy slightly while constantly gaining Chi.

With Celerity, Chi basically rains from the sky the entire fight. This makes it far easier to keep shuffle up, Guard regularly, and pump out the big 4 Chex cleave. Also, jump-rolling as Brewmaster will cause you to stay in one place during the roll thanks to the perk so you won't mess up positioning.

shit i don't have enough conquest point's to get the pants need next week reset to get them, but thanks a lot for the tip i'll do it next week anyways, so single target it doesnt compensate that much is that what you are saying?

It works the same for single target as well, but only if you're using Chex. I just feel that the huge gain in Chi gen is far more noticeable when using Chex as opposed to Serenity. Having it is a plus either way, when using Serenity it just means you get to Purify a hell of a lot more than you already get to, or throw in more Blackout Kicks.

The way I look at it is that Chex adds damage to your purifies (3+ Chex purifies on top of adding another chi worth of damage to Chex). The way that Chex allows you to spend your Chi for damage is also far more efficient than Serenity's option. 4 Chex is 1 gcd and does more damage than 2 Blackout Kicks for 2 gcds, which means you get more damage for that gcd AND you get an extra one to do whatever you want with, Tiger Palm, more rolling jabs, etc.

If I'm not dying on a fight, my main concern is my damage output. So that's my train of thought as far as Chex usage goes.

Deleted
    It works the same for single target as well, but only if you're using Chex. I just feel that the huge gain in Chi gen is far more noticeable when using Chex as opposed to Serenity. Having it is a plus either way, when using Serenity it just means you get to Purify a hell of a lot more than you already get to, or throw in more Blackout Kicks.

The way I look at it is that Chex adds damage to your purifies (3+ Chex purifies on top of adding another chi worth of damage to Chex). The way that Chex allows you to spend your Chi for damage is also far more efficient than Serenity's option. 4 Chex is 1 gcd and does more damage than 2 Blackout Kicks for 2 gcds, which means you get more damage for that gcd AND you get an extra one to do whatever you want with, Tiger Palm, more rolling jabs, etc.

If I'm not dying on a fight, my main concern is my damage output. So that's my train of thought as far as Chex usage goes.
    Yep i also value my damage a lot unfortunatelly i can't get the pant's today, only tomorrow, but i'll go chi ex today and see how it goes, btw Power strikes or ascension in this case since i don't have the 2 set bonus

Deleted
    I found using transcendence to go to the middle was kinda shit because sometimes I'd end up right between the fires or in one. So I just ran to the middle with tiger's lust/roll and dodged the fires and used transcendence to get back quicker and stack the bosses up. I used serenity so I could purify a lot more and made sure I had a guard for every whirlwind (because often times I was out of healing range and could just keep myself up). Keep diffuse magic just in case you fuck up and take like 5 stacks or something. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirthz View Post
    Yep i also value my damage a lot unfortunatelly i can't get the pant's today, only tomorrow, but i'll go chi ex today and see how it goes, btw Power strikes or ascension in this case since i don't have the 2 set bonus
    I'm ~99% sure that with or without the 2 set PvP you still want to go Power Strikes when you're using Chex.

The one thing to watch out for is that if you're at 3 Chi when you use a Jab/EH and have the Power Strikes buff, a white Chi orb will spawn somewhere in your vicinity that you'll have to pick up if you want that extra chi.

It also helps a little to have a WeakAura or addon to track the intervals between Power Strikes. (Every 15 seconds you gain Power Strikes, regardless of when you used it last)

Tiger's lust to dodge any hard fires, always keep a guard charge for fire phase, diffuse if you get 2 or more stacks, use zen med glyph so you don't get sucked into a fire that's going right underneath the boss while he's whirlwinding. If you take some stacks and they almost expire but you get hit by another because the boss dragged you into fire, the stacks reset and you will need to take all of that damage a second time, but this time without 90% DR. If you do plan on transcendencing, you will need to watch your clone beforehand, it is not worth using if you just end up dying to blaze. My guild used the vox immortalis strat so transcendence was completely unnecessary.

Transcendence is a big help like you said, just remember to put a new one down every time. The Empowered Whirlwind can sometimes suck you into fire and increase your stacks so be aware of that. You probably don't need to use Chi Explosion, though it might be a solid little dps boost. Obviously use Xuen and pre-pot Armor potion and use your second Armor potion when Xuen is up again.

Solid advice, but I really hope they change this :/. Not a fan of PvP set bonuses impacting PvE.

1. Transcendence is nice and I agree it should be used to get back to the boss, that way you aren't teleporting into fire or anything.
    2. Stay with diffuse magic. Serenity is also fine, I wouldn't give up the survivability unless you're doing something with the pvp set.
    3. THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP - The most important tip I have is to tank the boss with your back facing the raid, that way when they cast enfeebling roar, you can pull him back towards the range. At some points in the fight this becomes very helpful as the range has trouble getting in for it.

We kited the boss to the back, but it's not necessary and it caused our dps to be slightly lower, thus causing us to hit enrage.
    Our kill vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIy_VBf2HLs

EDIT: 3:50-410 to see the positioning i'm talking about for enfeebling roar.
    Also don't forget to taunt him when you're running.
    Last edited by thaynia; 2015-01-06 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thaynia View Post
    We kited the boss to the back, but it's not necessary and it caused our dps to be slightly lower, thus causing us to hit enrage.
    Thanks for the video. I like how you positioned the Whirlwind.

Just checking, but are you advocating tanking them in the middle? Wouldn't that be really problematic with the fire?

Quote Originally Posted by ScharfAsATack View Post
    Thanks for the video. I like how you positioned the Whirlwind.

Just checking, but are you advocating tanking them in the middle? Wouldn't that be really problematic with the fire?
    If you're not having problems with the enrage, then you can tank him where we did. If you're really pushing for dps, try to keep it in the middle. The dps difference is minor though. I had some troubles in the corner where fire was completely unavoidable at some times, you'll see it in the video where I had to zen med to avoid a bunch of damage.

There was a really cool video on how to avoid the fire and how it rotates.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg42WIMOHX8

If you haven't settled on a strategy for positioning for this boss yet, I highly recommend the vox immortalis strat. Essentially the entire raid stacks up behind a weapon and makes it so each fire has the exact same pattern with no RNG and makes it essentially impossible to die to fire after figuring it out(well one shield charge makes it possible but my raid manage to dodge that combo when I was calling it out enough). The only person who has to worry about fire is the WW tank that stays in the middle, but it is really easy as a brewmaster.

Here is the movement: http://youtu.be/XdEKSTDpAcA?t=12m2s

Quote Originally Posted by brookllyn View Post
    If you haven't settled on a strategy for positioning for this boss yet, I highly recommend the vox immortalis strat. Essentially the entire raid stacks up behind a weapon and makes it so each fire has the exact same pattern with no RNG and makes it essentially impossible to die to fire after figuring it out(well one shield charge makes it possible but my raid manage to dodge that combo when I was calling it out enough). The only person who has to worry about fire is the WW tank that stays in the middle, but it is really easy as a brewmaster.

Here is the movement: http://youtu.be/XdEKSTDpAcA?t=12m2s
    You da real MVP.

But seriously, thanks Thaynia.

Deleted
    Ok guys we managed to kill him tonigth, altough i sucked really hard today, ate lots of fire and my damage wasn't really that good, i went chi burst/powerstrikes/xuen/chi-explosion, i think it's viable damage wise but i didn't really have my head in the game tonigth and i changed mouse to logitech g600 and was trying some new bindings so it didn't go aswell as i was planning, thanks for the tips anyways they were really useful, especially the one about tanking phemos backwards to the raid so i could take enfeebling roar to them that was really helpful

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fGrDBhFQPL7vwzmp