Thread: Loot BS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I really dont believe you have done 6/7 normal 4 times with personal loot and gotten nothing.

I would just find a new guild, those loot rules seem terrible. The first thing we did was gear up the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Please do not insult another guild. -Azshira
    Azshira, I'd actually like to call you out on this. You have infracted one person (who for the record, I don't know) for doing what literally every second post* in this thread has done.

If there is a reason why Mehman doing so was specifically worse than all the rest doing it, that should be reflected in your note.

I mean, I'm no authority on what the protocol around infractions is but surely there should be some accountability on making it clear why what is acceptable from some isn't from others and vice versa.

*I've now completed reading the thread and would like to correct this estimate to 3/4.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2015-01-07 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leewillzy View Post

Infracted: Please post constructively. -Nobleshield
    And this thread is soooo constructive. lol
    Look! Words!

Unless it was a glad warrior, then that is a waste of gear. The loss of a stat would not be worth the vers gained.

Just to clarify, are those Bonus Armor pieces going to Gladiator Warriors ?

If not, leave that guild.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Which DPS rolls on Versatility BA items except maybe a glad and still versatility is pretty shit for glads. To be honest I think versatility BA is ONLY viable on tanks. Even most other items with Versatility are crap and should only be taken if there is no other option or if you are a frost mage (for cloth ofc.) In addition this loot method seems horrible. It is the worst loot method I have ever heard of. I mean my guild is not happy with our loot council because we prefer the stronger players over the weaker ones and we do not gear all 4 hunters at once but still it is more viable than giving 1 item per ID to every player and then letting them roll It just sounds horrible and I would leave imediately. You are a tank you can find better. Even though I have to question how you can be at 640 GS at this point in time considering you would get above 640 before highmaul was even released, but that might be because you are more of a casual player than me and my mates are

Deleted
    I can feel your pain, your guild seems terrible, but honestly, you shouldn't be at all surprised that you're not invited to heroic pugs if you're sporting 640 ilvl. That's really borderline for what's even acceptable in HC, and more than that, it's not difficult for pugs to find 650+ people. When my guild invites randoms for extra runs, we can usually demand 660+ ilvl and still fill slots instantly, that's the demand and supply at work.

LOL I would leave that guild instantly,

that's like saying a dps/tank gets a spirit cloak or ring/necklace.

And that loot system sounds horrible, why are they doing that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Azshira, I'd actually like to call you out on this. You have infracted one person (who for the record, I don't know) for doing what literally every second post* in this thread has done.

If there is a reason why Mehman doing so was specifically worse than all the rest doing it, that should be reflected in your note.

I mean, I'm no authority on what the protocol around infractions is but surely there should be some accountability on making it clear why what is acceptable from some isn't from others and vice versa.

*I've now completed reading the thread and would like to correct this estimate to 3/4.
    And while, yes, that is a bit weird, everyone else breaking the rules doesn't permit me to do it..

Still, totally worth the infraction, I stand by what I said.

Edit: But let me re-phrase what I said to not be as infraction worthy.

Allowing a dps to roll (AND WIN) on an item with Bonus Armor serves no purpose but to hurt your guild in the short, and long term. The dps who won the item most likely got a downgrade, your tank lost an upgrade and got annoyed.

Allowing a dps to roll on an item with Spirit is the same.

Letting a healer/tank roll on an item without those stats however, that's where it gets tricky. It's not an item that is practically only usable by dps, seeing as it still has 2 throughput stats for tanks and healers, but tanks and healers do have other options available to fill their slots. Which is why, for the most part, a smart tank or healer would pass on that item so that a dps might benefit, knowing full well that they can easily get another item to fill the same slot.

Still, a guild with a loot system like that, I'm a bit surprised they managed to keep tanks and healers for more than a raid (Not tier, a single raid)
    Last edited by Temp name; 2015-01-07 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leewillzy View Post
    Your thread serves no purpose. Cry more.

Infracted: Please post constructively. -Nobleshield
    Seriously? This thread is pointless and there is numerous others like it which in a way is also spam. Nothing in this thread is constructive, you are literally contradicting yourself.

People had ilvl 640 2-3 days after the release of the expansion.
    Make an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Same. There is no guild named and it's not a baseless comment, mod(s!) seem to be a bit touchy in this thread
    Lol. OP is prob talking about a mod.

Leave guild if they can't figure out what bonus armor is for.

As for the way loot is distributed, 1 piece per raid is a very fair way to do it. If you are in a guild, the guild is bigger than any one individual. I have a raider who runs in a "1 piece per run" rule and loot has never been an issue. It is cool that everyone helps and everyone gets loot (providing gear is dropped equally). I also run with a highest roll wins raid. That is fine, there is no "corruption" or "favoritism" but can be unfair. We had a guy win 7 pieces off 7 bosses while the other 3 plate wearers got nothing. This guy did nothing wrong, but the other plates felt a little aggrieved as he got 7 and they got none. We are now trialing a lowest gear gets the drop kind of council loot (we have a dude who can override the rule). This should prove interesting and help the guild become stronger as a whole. In short, anyone complaining about the type of loot system is an idiot. Each way of loot distribution has it's positives and negatives, but judging one way as better than another just makes you look like an idiot. The only thing that matters about loot is that it is being done properly, i.e. loot/stats match the correct spec. Spirit for heals, bonus armor for tanks and glad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have any questions, issues, or concerns about moderation or a moderator - please contact a global, discussing in-thread is not the way to go.

I do agree with what several people have said regarding the constructiveness of the thread. Its simply complaining about a bad loot system and bad RNG with personal loot. RNG is part of loot in general, and particular for personal loot, so for everyone who got 3 items in 4 kills, there's someone who has 20 kills with nothing. Your guild's loot system and how it is distributed doesn't sound very ideal or effective, but if you have an issue with it then the place to discuss that is with your guild or your officers.

Closing the thread.