Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parents in Colorado
    We weren't aware of any problems, they were giggling like kids, asking for more snacks, but they were a bit more mellow.
    But then this.

Quote Originally Posted by One child in Colorado
    Dude, like, whoa, man. Totally.
    #ThanksObama
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The number of children treated annually for accidental pot consumption in Colorado has reached double-digits and a drug treatment chain has seen a surge of teens treated for cannabis abuse, a leading U.S. anti-marijuana group said on Monday.

In a report, marijuana legalization foe Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM) also pointed to higher-than-average use in the first states to sanction recreational cannabis, Colorado and Washington state, and an increase in burns from butane hash oil production.
    So, people that are against Marijuana say that it's bad?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    "The number of children treated annually for accidental pot consumption in Colorado has reached double-digits..."

Wow, double-digits, in a state of millions. The horror.

Has Obama declared a crisis yet?
    NO but I'm sure the Republicans have started their mob mentality protests on pot shops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I also wonder how those children were "treated." Were they rushed to the hospital because they were actually in any danger, or were they rushed there because their parents were (justifiably) freaked out? AFAIK, at least in adults, the amount of weed you'd have to ingest before it becomes truly dangerous would be like overdosing on water. While I could imagine a child would have a lower tolerance, I can't imagine it's so much lower that a single pot brownie, for example, could cause serious physical (non-psychological) harm.

Also, how many children were harmed annually due to the illegalization of marijuana? How many adults were incarcerated over it?
    Smoking marijuana is like drinking a beer. Eating it is more like taking shots of hard liquor. I could imagine parents of children being alarmed for very good reason if their kids got a hold of one of these edibles, but it's very unlikely the children were harmed in any way, probably just scared and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    So, people that are against Marijuana say that it's bad?
    Exactly, oh wow a 3% increase from 16% to 19% in maijuana use for people 18 and older. The world is coming to an end!

10+ Year Old Account
    now give me statistic of how many children got beaten up by drunken adults in 2014.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

14 kids? Really ... That's news worthy apprently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Smoking marijuana is like drinking a beer. Eating it is more like taking shots of hard liquor. I could imagine parents of children being alarmed for very good reason if their kids got a hold of one of these edibles, but it's very unlikely the children were harmed in any way, probably just scared and confused.
    Right. That's basically what I was saying. My experiences with pot brownies were a little more intense than I was expecting them. I can totally understand that freaking people out, especially parents of like a 3 year old, but I don't think it's particularly dangerous.

When compared with the harm caused by the war on drugs, it seems like a no-brainer to me. I mean what hurts a kid more? 1 day of fear and confusion? Or 1 year in jail?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    now give me statistic of how many children got beaten up by drunken adults in 2014.
    I was going to make this point too, it's a very good one nobody wants to talk about. If marijuana should be ilegal so should booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    14 kids? Really ... That's news worthy apprently?
    14 kids is too many! What if that number surges to 16 this year?!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The horror... the horror...

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. You legalized it, so treat it like alcohol? No one would be crying for ban of alcohol if some kids had gotten into their parents liquor cabinet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bad stuff in weed come from growers that put all sort of enhancements on it, cause you know people want to smoke more and get more product in their hands and because it's well still unregulated because we think if we make everyone who smokes a criminal at young age, go all batshit crazy about trying to catch people with it and believe that people will suddenly stop using it because well.... "magic" at least according to politicians, because prohibition was the great success story ever...oh wait.

Once weed illnesses start to come in the range about alcohol does let's even halve that figure, i'll start to worry.

(ps i don't grow and i haven't smoke in over 10 years now)

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Don't blame the product for the stupidity of children, I do not blame booze everytime I see a chav being sick in the street.
    However, its always the gun's fault when someone gets shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    "The number of children treated annually for accidental pot consumption in Colorado has reached double-digits..."

Wow, double-digits, in a state of millions. The horror.

Has Obama declared a crisis yet?
    He might........it's a busy week with Vacations, Vacation planning, golf games and golf games planning..........he's swamped!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

So, irresponsible adults leave their weed treats around and 10 kids eat them. BAN IT!

A recent study I read showed that since CO legalized, adult use has gone up slightly and teen use has stayed flat. Another study showed that overall, teen pot use is on a downtrend.

So fuck off with your attempted hysteria.

10+ Year Old Account
    The number of children treated annually for accidental pot consumption in Colorado has reached double-digits
    The number of children treated annually for accidental pot consumption
    consumption

I'm not a pot smoker, but I think you're doing it wrong...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I'm not a pot smoker, but I think you're doing it wrong...
    Brownies and cookies, man. That's why 3-7 year olds are interested in the first place.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet more children have accidentally ingested cleaners, detergents, etc. from under the kitchen sink.

More children have died in plane crashes this year, should we ban those too?

Deleted
    At least 14 Colorado children ages 3 to 7 were sent to hospitals in the first half of 2014 for accidentally ingesting marijuana products, compared with eight in 2013 and four between 2008 and 2011, SAM said of state data.
    <snip>

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    but the pot heads defended weed
    <snip>

Infracted for minor spam.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2015-01-06 at 11:49 PM.