Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sad thing is that drugs affect kids a whole lot more than they do adults, making the cost of this greater than only the numbers show. But I guess their loss is our laughter.

What is the link talking about? I keep yahoo and yahoo news blocked to conserve my sanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in: kids with irresponsible parents get into things they probably shouldn't.

Liquor cabinets and prescription meds should be out of reach of children. Doesn't mean you shouldn't have them in the home. Same goes with pot. This just seems obvious to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

So 14 kids ingested pot and went to the hospital? That's outrageous!!! Btw how many died and how many had really bad stomach aches and a wicked craving for twinkies?

Btw tell me how many kids died from accidentally swallowing household cleaning products last year? Better yet tell me how many were killed by alcohol related accidents? Accidental ingestion of legal prescription medication?

Your point is flawed. Extremely flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Any harm caused to children can not be overlooked.
    We overlook it almost all the time. We overlook when children choke on lego's, we don't ban lego's as a response.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    We overlook it almost all the time. We overlook when children choke on lego's, we don't ban lego's as a response.
    If people cared at all about bare feet, LEGOs would have been banned log ago.

Oh I guess that means it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It is okay. The problem is bad parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad thing is that drugs affect kids a whole lot more than they do adults, making the cost of this greater than only the numbers show. But I guess their loss is our laughter.
    Are you claiming that some sort of everlasting effect on these childeren has happened. I'd say that's quite unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    "The number of children treated annually for accidental pot consumption in Colorado has reached double-digits..."

Wow, double-digits, in a state of millions. The horror.

Has Obama declared a crisis yet?
    Crisis? Nah he declares WAR on these sorts of 'tragic incidents'. Because declaring war on a plant is something that apparently isn't exclusive to zombies in video games.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2015-01-06 at 08:12 PM.

Smoking (in particular) and drinking have more of an effect on kids than being high on weed.

It is okay. The problem is bad parents.
    But the bad parents are the ones overlooking it...

Funny how 3.3 million people die world wide each year from alcohol which is almost 6% of total deaths in the world each year but OMG 10 extra kids went to the hospital what is this world coming to!!!!!! In 2012 239 children under the age of 15 were killed by drunk drivers but again, OMG 10 extra kids in hospital cause of weed OMG. An estimated 165,000 children under the age of 5 die each year due to respiratory infections caused by secondhand smoke but OMG 10 extra kids hospitalized WTFZOMG cause of weed. I feel that if they are going to care about kids being injured due to regulated substances they should reevaluate their priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we ban it because it's bad for children we are running quite a bit behind on things to add to that ban list.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the bad parents are the ones overlooking it...
    I'm sorry, but in the list of things that should be banned, something that causes little to no lasting harm in the bare handful of children it has affected ranks extremely low. You know what ranks higher for me is how many lives never recover from being thrown in jail for a minor drug possession charge.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All this "tells me" is that you are easily convinced by well-written propaganda.

Several big corporations are shitting their britches over the idea of legal marijuana. They will lose too much money because of it and so they are out in force with their propaganda campaign of fear-mongering and big brother, police-state love.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt once is going to hurt those kids. If they were using regularly you might have a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in, 'non pot heads' rally to ban guns due to child deaths resulting from guns. 14 stoned kids in Colorado cannot stop laughing to provide their view on the issue.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    This is "childs play" compared to kids eating the laundry/dish gel packets.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    This is "childs play" compared to kids eating the laundry/dish gel packets.
    Toilet cookies!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi