Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Samsung free sync one? I think it's Samsung.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So wait it's 3440x1440 IPS/PLS/whatever, 120+Hz with Freesync? Any other goodies I ought to know? Am I completely off the mark?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So wait it's 3440x1440 IPS/PLS/whatever, 120+Hz with Freesync? Any other goodies I ought to know? Am I completely off the mark?
    It is cheaper than the RoG Swift G-Sync monitor that sports a TN panel IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    You can print Pizza and it tastes like pizza
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...-printed-pizza
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...-amd-freesync/

thats the one but the refresh rate apparently is unknown, just hoping for a 120 hz for something like this to even up the playing field, if people want a 120 hz 21:9, that option I feel should be there and not just for 16:9.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 60Hz I believe. No single connection supports 3440x1440 at 120Hz at the moment. I suppose you can use dual displayport.

Oh oh I wanna discuss. I'm watching videos from this tech youtube guy and he's going around showing a lot of stuff.

Are there any cool conferences beside CES?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Oh oh I wanna discuss. I'm watching videos from this tech youtube guy and he's going around showing a lot of stuff.

Are there any cool conferences beside CES?
    I think the next one is CeBit in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think the next one is CeBit in March.
    Oh thanks. That looks cool.

I wish there were some in NY or Florida so I could easily go without paying for hotels...But it seems like everything is always in Vegas or Cali.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm watching more and more stuff and omg it's so delicious I'm getting jealous.

I was sad when I read that the Samsung SM951 doesn't have NVMe, then happy when I read the new OCZ SSD does have it, then sad that it takes forever before it hits the market. Hopefully SSDs with NVMe are available at an affordable price when Skylake gets released.

Under 600 dollars, IPS, VRR, 2560*1440, 120Hz. I think I know what monitor I'm getting when I upgrade my PC. Unless a better one is cheaper (which is likely).
    Yeah once February comes around I was going to grab the 144Hz one but shit a nice 120Hz IPS? And for only $599? I'm buying one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Yeah once February comes around I was going to grab the 144Hz one but shit a nice 120Hz IPS? And for only $599? I'm buying one!
    Yeah... as much as I value G-Sync, this one has freesync maybe or whatever? And $200 less? Color me excited.

Bet you they'll put out one with G-Sync though soon enough... just first spend a year on R&D.

@Asmekiel... but OCZ is dead and owned by Toshiba. =S
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's technically adaptive sync via DisplayPort 1.2a but AMD cards are able to take advantage of that. I don't know how effective it is as it is with an ASIC chip, but I don't care so... >.>

That said, yeah I'd rather not pay a $150 premium for something I won't use. $599 is a very competitive price.

- - - Updated - - -

That said I'm probably going to buy one and see how it turns out anyways. The Acer one is 144Hz and has G-sync and all that stuff but I trust Asus more than Acer in terms of monitors, >.>
    By the way Acer one is also confirmed 144Hz, AHVA and G-sync.

And I probably shouldn't be annoyed but I am, but it's an AUO AHVA panel since that and Sharp IGZO are the only ones able to support high Hz for this panel class that currently exist.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-01-09 at 09:06 PM.

I don't know how effective it is as it is with an ASIC chip, but I don't care so... >.>
    Technically speaking the scalar in the monitor that handles when the panel is refreshed is also an ASIC

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically speaking the scalar in the monitor that handles when the panel is refreshed is also an ASIC
    Technicalities! Whatever! 1st time I'm actually looking forward to a monitor's release for one to buy myself though. Granted I was kinda waiting for it when I saw the AUO's announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Technicalities! Whatever! 1st time I'm actually looking forward to a monitor's release for one to buy myself though. Granted I was kinda waiting for it when I saw the AUO's announcement.
    Yeah, I'm probably going to wait until the end of 2015 before I build anything new (emergencies notwithstanding). I could build tomorrow if I had to, but I want to stick to my upgrade cycle if possible (Skylake).

10+ Year Old Account
    Same. Skylake K series isn't going to be released in 2015 as far as I know anyways. I'm probably going to just wait for that, maybe upgrade GPU and a monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruncholyo View Post
    Most excited for this, funny thing is there's already people claiming those of us that want this QoL change(the performance increases are awesome too) are "Lazy and impatient."
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

10+ Year Old Account
    Those that are more interested in a G-sync one.
    https://twitter.com/TFTCentral/statu...83551628296194
    699 Euro, means it would probably be $800 in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... I really don't want another Acer monitor. My first, and while it was a cheaper one, was just so horribly okay... I just don't even anymore with Acer.
    "A flower.