Deleted

Post imagining a 4th talent COLUMN - ideas and concepts

The following ideas are meant to fit in the imaginary 4th talent columns.

----- Level 15 -----

[all specs]
    Void Shift:
    no mana | 1m cooldown | 30 yards range
    Swaps the position of you and your enemy target. Cannot affect bosses or other units immune to disabling effects. Void Shift doesn't cause threat and instantly puts you out of combat.
    + Glyph of Void Shift (minor): a successful Void Shift also swaps the appearances of you and your enemy for 10 seconds.

----- Level 30 -----

[all specs] Winged Feet:
    Movement slowing effects cannot reduce you below 75% of your movement speed.

----- Level 45 -----

[discipline] Preacher's Convinction:
    Your Atonement will always heal yourself despite the atoned target is another allied unit. The healing on you will also be 100% instead of half.
    [holy] Holy Concession: {must remove "Glyph of Val'kyr"}
    Your Spirit of Redemption is improved by the Val'kyr form, allowing you to also move and attack. In addition, you will be even able to resurrect a corpse. Casting Resurrection is possible despite being in combat, but if successful, it instantly dismisses the Val'kyr.
    [shadow] Vampiric Kiss:
    Replaces your Vampiric Touch with Vampiric Kiss, a more powerful spell that fears both the target and the dispeller when dispelled and automatically jumps to the enemy that dispelled it, refreshing its duration. Vampiric Kiss will also afflict enemy units in melee range from the target.

----- Level 60 -----

[all specs] Psyfiend:
    2% of base mana | 40s cooldown | 30 yards range
    Summons a Psyfiend at the targeted location that cast Horror to nearby enemies, preferably those attacking you. Lasts 10 seconds.

----- Level 75 -----

[all specs] Inner Focus:
    no mana | 1m cooldown
    Removes any interruption and silence from you, and grants immunity to them for the next 5 seconds.

----- Level 90 -----

[discipline+holy] Absolute Devotion:
    Your Prayer of Healing now affects all units within 30 yards from the target, but increases its mana cost by 20% per target healed.
    [shadow] Dark Waves:
    Doubles the radius of your Mind Sear

------ Level 100 -----

[discipline] Blessed Barrier:
    Improves your Power Word: Barrier's spell, disallowing enemies to enter in it and granting it to absorb up to 100,000 external damage for all allied units inside it. Enemies cannot violate it only until the absorbion effect is broken.
    [holy] Overloaded Lightwell:
    When summoned and every 30 seconds, your Lightwell releases a Circle of Healing around itself, without triggering your cooldown.
    [shadow] Twisting Dissipation:
    Your Dispersion now reduces any damage taken by 99% and fully charges your shadow orbs. It will also deal X damage per second to enemies in melee range.

Let me think what do you think about them, maybe check the talent calculator to check how they fit. Share your ideas
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2015-01-06 at 06:40 PM.

Your lvl 45 shadow talent. I think I don't understand it correctly. Does it only spread to all units in melee range (should be 8 yard radius, tho) when dispelled or once it's casted?

Lvl 90 shadow talent should also buff mind sear by a lot, maybe applying VT and pain when channeled for at least 3 ticks or a huge numerical buff (say 200% when used at 3+ targets, so that it still does not overcome flay in single target damage).

The lvl 100 talent for shadow should be something to make dots viable again, something like increases crit and multistrike chance of the dots and mindflay by 15% and refreshes their duration when mindflay is casted on the target.

Deleted
    Level 100, Mass penance. Saw the spell effect in the battle of lights chapel or whatever at the dk starting zone. I'd love to shoot like 5 bolts of penance.

I like your ideas though I feel they probably would never add a fourth tier of talents for balance issues. So many of our current talents are either extremely boring or simply don't cut it when compared to that one talent just about every Priest takes.

Here's my go at it:

Tier 1: Defensive Utility

Divine Renew - passive
    Each time you take damage you gain Divine Renew. Divine Renew cannot be dispelled, (stacks with your other Renew if Holy), and always critically heals.

Tier 2: Mobility

Void Zone - 2 sec cast - 2 min cooldown - all specs
    Creates a Void Zone that lasts 5 min. Activating Fade will port you to your Void Zone - 40 yrd range

Tier 3: Mana conservation/Shadow Damage

Mana Burn - instant - 45 sec cooldown - all specs
    Inflicts X Shadow damage to your target and burning Y mana if the enemy has a mana bar. The Priest gains Z mana depending on the amount of damage inflicted and mana burned.

Tier 5 - CC

Blackout - 1 min cooldown - instant - all specs

You strike the target with a searing darkness, stunning them for 2 sec every 5 sec for a total of 3 stuns. This ability cannot be removed.

Tier 6: Throughput boost

Inner Fire - passive
    Your Penance, Serenity, Prayer of Mending, Mind Blast, and Mind Spike spells now all splash heal or damage for 20% of their original healing/damage to allies/enemies within 10 yards of the target.

Tier 7: AoE cooldown

Chains of Light (Darkness for Shadow) - 30 cooldown - 6 sec channel - all specs
    Connects all allies/enemies with a beam of light/shadow, healing/damaging them for X health/Y damage every 1 sec for 6 sec.

Tier 8 - Level 100 talents

The Old Religion -
    Feedback (Disc) - passive - Increases the healing done bye Atonement by 100%
    Hymn of Hope (Holy) - Heals up to 5 allies with less than 30% health for X health every 2 sec. 6 sec Channel - 15 sec cooldown
    Shadowguard (Shadow) - passive - Whenever you take damage, you launch a Shadow Crash at the enemy, causing X damage and rooting them in place for 2 sec. 3 charges, 20 sec recharge cooldown
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2015-01-07 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Your lvl 45 shadow talent. I think I don't understand it correctly. Does it only spread to all units in melee range (should be 8 yard radius, tho) when dispelled or once it's casted?
    Assuming a enemy is affected by Vampiric Kiss, any other enemy that collide with him (entering its target circle) will being affected by Vampiric Kiss aswell (melee range was a mistake, 8 yeards are too much).
    It anyway looks overpowered in certain situations, while useless in many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    ----- Level 90 -----

[discipline+holy] Absolute Devotion:
    Your Prayer of Healing now affects all units within 30 yards from the target, but increases its mana cost by 20% per target healed.
    >_<

This should have been: Prayer of Healing now affects 4 additional allies 30 yards around target instead of being restricted to the target's party and leave it at that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    >_<

This should have been: Prayer of Healing now affects 4 additional allies 30 yards around target instead of being restricted to the target's party and leave it at that.
    Just give it some time. They caved in with glyph of lightwell, they'll make Clarity of Purpose baseline. Or at least remove the party restriction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Just give it some time. They caved in with glyph of lightwell, they'll make Clarity of Purpose baseline. Or at least remove the party restriction.
    I rather they give us a spell like Wild Growth/Circle of Healing rather than CoP/Holy Radiance tbh.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I rather they give us a spell like Wild Growth/Circle of Healing.
    Well... There's Circle of Healing :P Disc's alternative is Holy Nova, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s