Poll: How do you feel about the content so far?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it only me that feels that way for this Xpac?

Hey,

I've been a wow player since it first came out. I've been through times during wotlk, cata and mop that I wasn't subscribed and I wasn't interested into trying the content that was out there. Either it was cause of real life or lack of initiative.

Atm I am subscribed and so far I've cleared normal heroic and and 2 bosses in mythic in pugs always. I don't want to find a guild or make wow my life once again.

It's been the first week ever, that I haven't cleared anything , haven't looted anything apart from the mythic chest from the garrison. And it feels alright, I dont feel like something is missing like I would do in the past.

So thats why I want to ask mmo-c, do you feel the same way? is the content appealing atm? how do you feel about it atm?

This is the first time I have been a non-raider (outside of LFR) since vanilla...and I must say I am not really missing it. In past expansions I have always been a heroic raider 3 or 4 nights a week. This time around I don't really seem to feel the need to log on every day and try do 'all the things!'. Sure I miss not having the great gear that comes from high level raiding but for some reason I don't really care about it like I used to.

Personally despise the amount of emphasis placed on garrisons, ruining professions and having a bulk of the max level content being a glorified smartphone game.

Enjoying raiding but aside from raiding, you just have garrisons which is just Administration Simulator and more of a chore than fun.

In the end, I only feel like I have to log in because it's the only way to progress my professions. Otherwise, I would only log in to raid which is sad when we're at the start of the xpac and already out of shit to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The amount of time I've spent playing WoW since WoD came out has declined quite a bit. Usually I'd spent 3+ hours a day outside of work just doing/something anything within the game. From that point until today I've pretty much been making up excuses not to log because the upkeep required on garrisons is (although not difficult,) repetitive and boring. I feel like this expansion has been similar to that of a narcotic patch to help reduce the 'want' to log in (similar to smoking) every day and it's been working. I only log in to raid with the guild but even that feeling of desire has been dwindling pretty fast.

Although I could just not be enjoying the game anymore and the expansion has nothing to do with it.

Deleted
    What I love the most is being able to logout and do other things, and not feel like I'm missing out on anything. People act like that is a negative though, which is kind of sad. I've got a big todo list also to keep me busy for a while, I'm not one of those "omfg must complete it in the first week" players.

The new profession system is great, and it's awesome for alts. You no longer have to no-life the game to make money (AH camping, shuffling). I also like Garrisons despite hating the idea at first. Missions are fun due to the random nature of them, they don't really take off until you have a few 630+ followers though.

The only disappointment is Ashran due to queues, and I hope they address the issues in 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Personally despise the amount of emphasis placed on garrisons, ruining professions and having a bulk of the max level content being a glorified smartphone game.

Enjoying raiding but aside from raiding, you just have garrisons which is just Administration Simulator and more of a chore than fun.

In the end, I only feel like I have to log in because it's the only way to progress my professions. Otherwise, I would only log in to raid which is sad when we're at the start of the xpac and already out of shit to do.
    Administrator Simulator, very well said :P

This may be long and im sorry if it is. Im not gloating, im not saying im better than anyone when i talk about my past experiences that im going to explain

Let me start by saying i love WoW and have been playing since vanilla/BC on and off almost every expansion. The highlight for me was during WOTLK where my guild had alot of bad players(i mean rogues that dont know they have kidney shot or mages who dont know what iceblock is) running ICC 25 and we had a really good core of maybe 10-12 that carried others to the promise land. So eventually we set out and started a core 10 group(i think the lockouts were different then), we managed to break the top 100 for ICC HM at the time and it was CRAZY. Most of my friends since have quit and im going to be honest that really has killed ALOT of fun for me. You can replace guildmates and friends i get that... but none of them are like a group of friends that stick together to accomplish big goals in the game.

(QQ alert)I felt at that time the rep grinding dungeons,scenary,story/lore, and dailies amongst other things(professions and other personal achievements) gave the game a little meaning for entertainment. While i can't say i dont like MoP there are some features that hurt it for me. Professions feel useless and being gated by it and almost everything else annoys me, might just be me but it does. I feel like i sit in my garrisons for 10-40 min depending on if i want to do them on alts and i log out. I did the whole appexis thing but honestly i feel like im just tabbing over and hitting enemies with a full raid group of players and things die and my bar raises up to 100% and i leave theres no interaction or no need to...at all. Same can be said about Tarina and the other world boss. LFR suits me a little better now as i usually dont like to be doing the same boss encounters multiple times anymore like i used to hardcore raiding. Few hours and out. So i have nothing to cover on LFR and no real hate for it.

PVP honestly has felt the best its ever been as far as most if not all the specs(except ele which still is pretty bad for arenas BUT manageable in BGS -lolfreekillele-) are at least playable and not given too much of an advantage over others. I will say though that there are some classes that are too strong. If you do pvp and are reading this i dont think i need to go into detail on which classes those are..OR you can go to the PVP sub forum and im sure there are plenty of people complaining there.I try not to use the word 'OP' and use strong because lets face it, all the classes have weaknesses. Anyways, I rerolled this xpac to a WW Monk at first until that got nerfed really hard so i moved over to a strong class for pvp in the hunter to actually enjoy a spec/class that has pvp capabilities to get to a high level unlike ele shaman or WW that i stated earlier. Seeing a bunch of really strong classes/specs can be quite annoying in one BG but i must say though ive been enjoying this...and really only this which doesn't FEEL worth the $14.99 monthly price.

Flying. Sigh....alright. I think WoD should have flying and here is why. If you've ever gotten the pit for appexis quest and your group is circling around the pit and you try to back track behind them to get to them...you should know what i mean. Or riding over to an objective or rare(nagrand) and you get those group of mobs that miraculously knock you off your mount....yea fun..... Not only that i feel like some mounts that ive spent so much time grinding rep in the past or farming my ass off have 0 use. Man i felt friggin awesome riding on my Sky golem and knowing i dont have that enjoyment because flying is not there really bothers me(or the few mounts i bought to support the game). I know people prefer content without it but i think its a QoL thing that should be in the game if not a temporary buff or something.

Other features like pet battling never really appealed to me and i guess thats my fault. Fishing, Archaeology, and cooking were fun the first time leveling them up but when you have alts it is rather boring. Transmog was fun until you realize some pieces are still not obtainable or you cannot tmog certain gear still(looking at you one hand to fist weapons). The constant dumbing down game and making things easier...it really pisses me off. Where is the challenge in it? Where is the DAMN i worked hard for this and you probably cant this until you do? For example i was told i can level engineering from 1-600 in 10min. Like come on really?

If i made spelling errors or mistakes im sorry. Just typed out of thought. As you can tell if you read this far im unsubbed just recently too
    Last edited by Rawfury; 2015-01-06 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka View Post
    This is the first time I have been a non-raider (outside of LFR) since vanilla...and I must say I am not really missing it. In past expansions I have always been a heroic raider 3 or 4 nights a week. This time around I don't really seem to feel the need to log on every day and try do 'all the things!'. Sure I miss not having the great gear that comes from high level raiding but for some reason I don't really care about it like I used to.
    exackly same experience and feeling here.

and i would add after i stoped progression raiding the game feels kinda like empty shell due to how dull and empy end-game pve enviroment is if u are not progressing. i dont know why cause of the hype everywhere but for me WoD feels absolutely worst expansion for wow - even mop was more entertaining ( if i wasnt raiidng i still could collect vp through various activities and progress gear now there is nothing which gives u decent char progress outside of raiding and it absolutely sucks) :/ maybe its simply that im playing thius game for far to long and its time to quit.

i would add to that poll position "waiting for my sub to run out"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-01-06 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    exackly same experience and feeling here.

and i would add after i stoped progression raiding the game feels kinda like empty shell due to how dull and empy end-game pve enviroment is if u are not progressing. i dont know why cause of the hype everywhere but for me WoD feels absolutely worst expansion for wow - even mop was more entertaining :/ maybe its simply that im playing thius game for far to long and its time to quit.
    Ye but the same applies to endgame pvp, I remember what made vanilla and TBC and even WOTLK great, was the community. You had a guild no matter what, if your guild was pugging stuff or not, you'd do some pvp or whatever, generaly u'd have things to do during the day with other mates.

Now it seems so dull the way it is. You have nothing to do unless you pug some bosses... No farming no cool stuff anymore, generally no content unless you do some pvp or some pve raiding...

I haven't even bothered with LFR yet. I don't see the point. There's nothing to do in WoD content, so all better gear does is help me one-shot old content faster?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Today is going to be the first time that I've ever, ever run Highmaul. On LFR. And I probably won't even do more than one wing.

I'm an RPer and quester; not so much a raider. And I was never a completionist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared Heroic, had no desire to do mythic. Neither did my guild. So that was really strike one for us.

Garrisons are both a blessing and a curse. They are useful, and provide a lot. Almost too much. However, they marginalize the world in a way I've never seen before, and trivialize a great deal to that extent. Not to mention they are massively alt-unfriendly. That all was strike two.

Then there's the content, past 100. Where is it? I mean there's some, in exploration, and world bosses. But once you're doing Heroic (or mythic), those world bosses are a joke, and you can explore as you level. So, other than the niche stuff to do (PvP, Pets, etc.) there's largely just nothing to do, leading to boredom and largely attrition. So, there was strike three and my subscription lapsed. I will likely return for 6.1, in order to do BRF, and most likely rinse and repeat - largely leading to me unsubscribing again.

This expansion has a lot of woes, and there's not much being done about it. No communication, at least none of substance. Except maybe the recent post acknowledging Garrisons being alt-unfriendly, the most constructive post pertaining to the game, aside from the flying debacle (but hey, that came from a freaking Reddit Q&A). Yup, so pretty much through with staying consistently subscribed until these developers get there heads out of their asses.

I didn't think it could get worse than Cataclysm, it did. Nor worse than Mists, it did.

I shouldn't be even posting this out of concern, nor should I be surprised at any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    What I love the most is being able to logout and do other things, and not feel like I'm missing out on anything. People act like that is a negative though, which is kind of sad. I've got a big todo list also to keep me busy for a while, I'm not one of those "omfg must complete it in the first week" players.
    Although you start to question if this game is worth 15 dollars a month for the amount of time that you are now not spending it in game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hollafame View Post
    The amount of time I've spent playing WoW since WoD came out has declined quite a bit. Usually I'd spent 3+ hours a day outside of work just doing/something anything within the game. From that point until today I've pretty much been making up excuses not to log because the upkeep required on garrisons is (although not difficult,) repetitive and boring. I feel like this expansion has been similar to that of a narcotic patch to help reduce the 'want' to log in (similar to smoking) every day and it's been working. I only log in to raid with the guild but even that feeling of desire has been dwindling pretty fast.

Although I could just not be enjoying the game anymore and the expansion has nothing to do with it.
    You described how I felt about MoP, basically. The heavy focus on tedious and bland daily quests got me to quit the game for 2 full years. WoD, however, is an absolute breath of fresh air. Every change they've made is so amazing. I don't feel like I have to slog through 25 dailies a day to keep my alts useful. I don't feel like I have to do anything, so I do what I want. WoD is easily the highest point I've ever seen in WoW so far and it could be a sign that WoW is returning to being the best game around. I just hope Blizzard doesn't listen to the whiners and complainers and revert things because I'll immediately quit if that happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hollafame View Post
    Although you start to question if this game is worth 15 dollars a month for the amount of time that you are now not spending it in game.
    It's 15 dollars, just how little are you logged in? Going to the movies is not much cheaper, and that's two hours. Play WoW 1 hour a week and you're done.

I feel guilty when I haven't done profession dailies on all my alts, let alone miss a raid night.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    It's 15 dollars, just how little are you logged in? Going to the movies is not much cheaper, and that's two hours. Play WoW 1 hour a week and you're done.
    Exactly. $15 might get me two drinks at a bar. $15 is such a paltry amount of money that it's not even worth mentioning. If you're struggling to pay $15, let me give you some advice: work on improving your employment by learning something and going out and looking for a better job. Don't spend your time in WoW at all.

It is not much money at all, but that is not the issue.
    The thing is, at a certain point, one has to think if what we're getting back for that 15 dollars, is actually worth the money.
    If it isn't, and this is subjective, then why give it to Blizzard?

For me personally: I don't believe we are getting the same amount of content and enjoyment as in previous xpacs.
    So I am wondering why I have to pay the same amount of money monthly and also more money to obtain the xpac, if it doesn't provide the same kind of enjoyment?

Somehow I think Blizzard didn't spend as much effort in designing the gameplay for this xpac as they did before.
    As I read the forum here, it seems a lot of players are bored with it already. And we are not that far into the xpac.

I don't know what it is, but the quality of this xpac is not the same as previous one. Where it went wrong, we will not be able to tell.
    Wether they rushed it, because some things took much more time than anticipated or there where technical difficulties with some features and how they wanted it to be implemented, is all up for speculation.

For me personally, this xpac doesn't provide the same enjoyment as previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I'm not complaining about the dollar amount. The point I'm making is, eventually the lessened time invested can be cut out completely after it's been so heavily invested in prior expansions. If you feel you're getting your moneys worth then more power to you. I still play it but I believe at a certain point that the minimized amount of time I have come online (which as I said before, was mainly to mythic raid,) they're making it easy to get people out of the habit of spending a lot of time in game for 'x' reason.

Also I pointed out that is just my current perception of why I feel as though I'm not enjoying the expansion. It could just be that I'm bored of the game for no reason at all.

I feel with this expansion there's good things they did, but then there's the HUGE BUT with everything they did.

Garrisons are interesting, BUT....
    Flex Raiding is great, BUT...
    Ashran is fun, BUT...
    Rare mobs and exploration is fun, BUT...
    Dailys are gone for the most part, BUT...

Obviously video games in general never have perfection, but I feel it's come to the point of how long this MMO has been going, yet you'd think, at least the people in charge of certain teams, would have gotten a hang of making things great, but with smaller buts...If I made any sense with this...

I will say I enjoyed my time leveling, I enjoyed going around and getting that story, but it felt like it just ended abruptly. Besides the 1 daily quest to go out of my garrison I feel like a hermit, never leaving it. Which makes me sad because I will say Dreanor is amazing looking!