7+ Year Old Account

Question Thinking About Playing GW2 Again

I've had Guild Wars 2 since it launched but not played it much mainly because I don't know anyone else that plays it but I've been reading about the Living Story and other random lore tid-bits recently so I was wondering from the people that play it regularly is it worth returning to Guild Wars 2 at this point ?

I like exploring which if I remember on there is very rewarding with cool looking places and what not, I've read Edge of Destiny and Ghosts of Ascalon (got Sea of Sorrows but haven't started it yet) so I hope some of the landmarks in those books are visitable in-game since I know the chars from them are (since I remember Dougal Keane being in Lion's Arch) and on choice of char/profession I was going to go Sylvari Elementalist if that helps in deciding on whether or not to start playing it again.

With the Megaservers change and consolidation of Guilds it's easy to find active groups of players if that's what you desire. There's plenty to explore, and the Living Story this season has been much better than the first Season. You'll have to buy the chapters you missed, but it's not too hard to earn gold, just take advantage of your login rewards and sell stuff on the TP. By the time you get to 80 you ought to have enough to get a couple if not more.