7+ Year Old Account

Ret Challenge Mode gearing questions

so as im getting all of what i believe BiS stuff for cmodes together ive kind of run into a hard place with what trinkets are BiS. does anyone have a list or know these. currently im running tectus beating heart and scabbard but i almost feel like the pure stat trinkets are good aswell due to basically being 100% uptime vs trinkets being sometimes of use and sometimes not.

also side note currently i am just getting all of the mastery gear i can get my hands onto. This is the best way to gear it correct?

as a general rule since you cant switch talents mid CM DP/FV seems like a good way to go aswell right due to the immense amount of cleave involved in gold right>?

Scabbard is hard to beat for trinkets. Yes, the passive trinkets look good on paper, but do not underestimate the importance of on-use trinkets. Scabbard is pretty much a 50% increase in strength, and you can time it to overlap with your other buffs. Using it in tandem with Avenging Wrath increases its impact by 20% (plus another ~20% from having access to HoW). Using it during bloodlust improves it about another 30%.

Scabbard isn't far and away better than something like Bottle of Infesting Spores, but you will probably do 1.5% better damage with Scabbard than Spores.

Yes, Mastery is your best Secondary stat.
    Yes, Divine Purpose is good for CMs because you spend so much time on trash (and DP is good on trash).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makh View Post
    Scabbard is hard to beat for trinkets. Yes, the passive trinkets look good on paper, but do not underestimate the importance of on-use trinkets. Scabbard is pretty much a 50% increase in strength, and you can time it to overlap with your other buffs. Using it in tandem with Avenging Wrath increases its impact by 20% (plus another ~20% from having access to HoW). Using it during bloodlust improves it about another 30%.

Scabbard isn't far and away better than something like Bottle of Infesting Spores, but you will probably do 1.5% better damage with Scabbard than Spores.

Yes, Mastery is your best Secondary stat.
    Yes, Divine Purpose is good for CMs because you spend so much time on trash (and DP is good on trash).
    yeah talked about it with a few people last night and im gonna end up using scabbard and mote of corruption or the str proc pvp trinket that ill buy next week.

Damn, I had a mote of corruption and I totally DE'd it because I didn't see any value. Now I think you're right it may be decent coupled with Scabbard for CMs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Damn, I had a mote of corruption and I totally DE'd it because I didn't see any value. Now I think you're right it may be decent coupled with Scabbard for CMs.
    Made the same mistake with mine, which was WF ánd socketed :<

there's a garrison mission for a trinket with identical stats as mote.

- - - Updated - - -

here's some more good info

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700610926#1

Quote Originally Posted by Lucivero View Post
    Made the same mistake with mine, which was WF ánd socketed :<
    Sockets are disabled and they scale down to 630 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rahkarn View Post
    there's a garrison mission for a trinket with identical stats as mote.

- - - Updated - - -

here's some more good info

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700610926#1
    Luckily I have that very token unused. I was going to get a healer trinket, but I now I know what to use it for . Good post, good post.